Welcome to Gaia! ::

Borg

E Q S H I N
After a lot of thought I just told my best friend about my severe social anxiety disorder. This was the first time they've ever heard of this disorder, but they replied by trying to compete which one of us 'has it worse'. One of their examples were " I get nervous when I'm gassy and I wanna fart"... I admit that's hilarious but they weren't joking, and they wanted me to give them the stamp of social anxiety disorder for that.

Some phobias have simple solutions, and a fear of farting is one.

No more do people have endure inserting ungainly devices into their anuses to filter and perfume their farts. Say goodbye to awkward sitting and enduring that awful burnt cinnamon scent that never really covered up the smell, too. No more inserting hoses in your behind and putting the other end out a window as you sleep, too.

It's the 21st century, and farts are all behind us.

Tell your friend about Shreddies. They'll be able to fart confidently around friends and strangers alike without fear of "reeking" havoc and suffering embarrassment:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

// This is real, I s**t you not.
/// I don't think Shreddies adequately addresses sounds, however.
//// Or unexpectedly, erm...moist...flatulence.

Diamond Bear

i'm in the process of trying to cut ties with an emotionally toxic person like that.
friendship isn't supposed to be a game of misery poker.

Invisible Streaker

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Timid 100
E Q S H I N
After a lot of thought I just told my best friend about my severe social anxiety disorder. This was the first time they've ever heard of this disorder, but they replied by trying to compete which one of us 'has it worse'. One of their examples were " I get nervous when I'm gassy and I wanna fart"... I admit that's hilarious but they weren't joking, and they wanted me to give them the stamp of social anxiety disorder for that.

I don't know- as someone who has been suffering from anxiety for 12 years, it was kind of a downer when instead of supporting me they just immediately wanted to prove that they're more miserable.

For the 7 years I've known them, they've always been like this and whenever I would sob to them for emotional support they would push me away and try to prove they've had it worse. I don't understand the point of this 'misery competition', but I notice a lot of people do this and that made me wonder if any of you had such friends, and how you would deal with them? Why do you think they want to prove they're the 'most miserable'? confused

I probably need to grow up, but every time they do this to me I can't help but feel a little bit hurt because I'm always there for them but they never seem to be there for me when I need it.

you're over reacting, Pink Elephant thinks.
Jason0690
I've known enough people like that. I just sever ties if I can.
It'll never get better, really.
You're probably right- I mean it's been 7 years and they still haven't grown out of it.
Foxy Valentine
All this from a fart joke?
I wish. lol
To be serious, the point was that it wasn't a joke.
Brian Kush Flowerchild
E Q S H I N
Foxy Valentine
All this from a fart joke?
I wish. lol
To be serious, the point was that it wasn't a joke.

Maybe your friend just...is a fart joke

The plot thickens...

Adorable Fisher

Really sounds to me like you need new friends. They don't care about you, they only care about your shoulder to cry on. You deserve better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff