Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Whats your favorite Gundam Series/OVA, Though only 10 poll slots so more like your favorite timeline

0079, 8th, 0080,0083, Zeta, ZZ, V, Reco G 0.12886597938144 12.9% [ 25 ]
CC, UC, F91, G Savior 0.056701030927835 5.7% [ 11 ]
G Gundam 0.14432989690722 14.4% [ 28 ]
Wing/Waltz 0.34020618556701 34.0% [ 66 ]
After War X 0.051546391752577 5.2% [ 10 ]
Turn A 0.04639175257732 4.6% [ 9 ]
Double 0/Trailblazer 0.077319587628866 7.7% [ 15 ]
Age 0.030927835051546 3.1% [ 6 ]
Build Fighters/Try 0.041237113402062 4.1% [ 8 ]
Other, Like Super Deformed or Igloo 0.082474226804124 8.2% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 194 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Shy Seeker

o8th ms team my favorite
i also liked G Gundam. especially the butler's mobile suit.

Astral Phantom

Gundum seed
It was back when toonami and adult swim were at their peak I also liked big o xD
Maybe because they aired around the same time

3,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I've been away fro Gaia for a while and I find a flaw with your poll, but don't expect you to change it.

Gundam F91 is a part of UC Gundam along with Victory, 0079, 0080, 0083, Zeta, ZZ, V and G Reko.

I have always been a fan of Gundam, mostly UC era, but enjoy most of the rest of the series.
There is just more history for the UC Gundam series as there was a much bigger story time line to explore it with.

8,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
I personally like G gundam as its the only gundam anime I fully watched on toonami back in the day

Salty Gawker

Sargonarhes
I've been away fro Gaia for a while and I find a flaw with your poll, but don't expect you to change it.

Gundam F91 is a part of UC Gundam along with Victory, 0079, 0080, 0083, Zeta, ZZ, V and G Reko.

I have always been a fan of Gundam, mostly UC era, but enjoy most of the rest of the series.
There is just more history for the UC Gundam series as there was a much bigger story time line to explore it with.

Now that I notice that poll. The first options are ******** up. First one should have been UC ending in Unicorn, then second late UC with f91 to G reco.

I wished they stopped milking UC though, some of the side stories are pretty retarded(like the plot to kill gihren)

3,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Gunzstray
Sargonarhes

Now that I notice that poll. The first options are ******** up. First one should have been UC ending in Unicorn, then second late UC with f91 to G reco.

I wished they stopped milking UC though, some of the side stories are pretty retarded(like the plot to kill gihren)

They kind of can't stop, they created an open ended universe where there are just to many other parts to it and history flows like our real world. Unlike most of the other Gundam series where it was pretty contained, take Wing for example. The ended it with the destruction of the Gundams and the line that no one would see mobile suits again, they killed it right there and left no where to go. Gundam 00 ended in a similar with a united Earth and the aliens making peace. I suppose they could add more to Seed, but it would just turn out like Seed Destiny did. Age has some room to expand the story, but it would be very limited. More G Gundam would just be more of the same.

Gundam X has the most potential out of any of the others, but because it was cut short they'd likely never revisit it. And Turn A was Tomino's attempt to tie all Gundam universes together with chaotic dark histories between the eras to make some historical records lost. Even G Reko clearly was implied there was a dark history some time after Victory to turn the world into what it was like in G Reko.
Sargonarhes
Gunzstray
Sargonarhes

They kind of can't stop, they created an open ended universe where there are just to many other parts to it and history flows like our real world. Unlike most of the other Gundam series where it was pretty contained, take Wing for example. The ended it with the destruction of the Gundams and the line that no one would see mobile suits again, they killed it right there and left no where to go. Gundam 00 ended in a similar with a united Earth and the aliens making peace. I suppose they could add more to Seed, but it would just turn out like Seed Destiny did. Age has some room to expand the story, but it would be very limited. More G Gundam would just be more of the same.

Gundam X has the most potential out of any of the others, but because it was cut short they'd likely never revisit it. And Turn A was Tomino's attempt to tie all Gundam universes together with chaotic dark histories between the eras to make some historical records lost. Even G Reko clearly was implied there was a dark history some time after Victory to turn the world into what it was like in G Reko.

Bit off tangent, but shouldn't G-reco be separate from UC because it's long time after events of Turn A?

You also forgot the supplementary materials for 00 that come out once-in-a-while.

3,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
LegendaryRandomVIllager42
Sargonarhes
Gunzstray
Sargonarhes

Bit off tangent, but shouldn't G-reco be separate from UC because it's long time after events of Turn A?

You also forgot the supplementary materials for 00 that come out once-in-a-while.

There's been a few supplementary stuff for 00, and Wing as well. But they pretty much still ended those series.

Technically Turn A is considered it's own universe. But I've heard fans trying to piece the different Gundam series together using Tomino's plot from Turn A as the basis. The problem is some have put 00 first because of it's time is our own AD. That doesn't work because UC starts with mobile suits developing. 00 like Wing mobile suits are already there from the start and have been used for some time.
Even Turn doesn't fit into the UC time line well because the systems work differently in some ways. And for Turn A to be before G Reko would imply that Wing, G, and After War X took place some time between UC Gundam and Turn A as scenes from those series are used in Turn A as a historical flashback. This would likely end up putting G Reko more than 2000 years in the future.
So I just consider each Gundam series it's own alternate dimension of history, it's like a history where Arminius didn't lead 10,000 Germanic Tribesmen against 3 Roman legions and defeat them, ending Roman expansion into Germanica which might have lead to a unified Europe sooner. Alternate events didn't happen so this is the possible outcome.
For all we know, Gundam Wing is a universe where Napoleon didn't lose at Waterloo, which could be why the soldiers are still wearing 18th Century style uniforms.
Sargonarhes
LegendaryRandomVIllager42
Sargonarhes
Gunzstray
Sargonarhes

There's been a few supplementary stuff for 00, and Wing as well. But they pretty much still ended those series.

Technically Turn A is considered it's own universe. But I've heard fans trying to piece the different Gundam series together using Tomino's plot from Turn A as the basis. The problem is some have put 00 first because of it's time is our own AD. That doesn't work because UC starts with mobile suits developing. 00 like Wing mobile suits are already there from the start and have been used for some time.
Even Turn doesn't fit into the UC time line well because the systems work differently in some ways. And for Turn A to be before G Reko would imply that Wing, G, and After War X took place some time between UC Gundam and Turn A as scenes from those series are used in Turn A as a historical flashback. This would likely end up putting G Reko more than 2000 years in the future.
So I just consider each Gundam series it's own alternate dimension of history, it's like a history where Arminius didn't lead 10,000 Germanic Tribesmen against 3 Roman legions and defeat them, ending Roman expansion into Germanica which might have lead to a unified Europe sooner. Alternate events didn't happen so this is the possible outcome.
For all we know, Gundam Wing is a universe where Napoleon didn't lose at Waterloo, which could be why the soldiers are still wearing 18th Century style uniforms.

Actually just checked, G Reco takes place 500 years AFTER Turn A. And the whole timeline thing, I don't think it matters if the timelines are on a single line, separate, or multiple possibilities: since it'll all end in black history regardless.

Sigalang's Princess

Anxious Shapeshifter

9,565 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Gundam SEED and Seed Destiny! I know the animations aren't that great, but it was one of the first anime I've seen as a kid. They'll always have a special place in my heart. emotion_yatta

I also plan on watching Gundam 00 sometime soon, the art style intrigued me and now it's on my "To watch" list.

21,825 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Champion 300
Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans only 3 episodes out thus far, but they are amazing, this show has real promise, thankfully no more whiny Main Characters.

It has feel of Wing and Double 0 and a little turn A with some Zeta gundam thrown in there

21,825 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Champion 300

Regular

i only watched G-gundam and of course i'm a huge fan of it. I tried watching other gundam series but i got bored. I enjoy building model kits from the different series though.

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
Gundam Wing. =x

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers