Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Whats your favorite Gundam Series/OVA, Though only 10 poll slots so more like your favorite timeline

0079, 8th, 0080,0083, Zeta, ZZ, V, Reco G 0.12886597938144 12.9% [ 25 ]
CC, UC, F91, G Savior 0.056701030927835 5.7% [ 11 ]
G Gundam 0.14432989690722 14.4% [ 28 ]
Wing/Waltz 0.34020618556701 34.0% [ 66 ]
After War X 0.051546391752577 5.2% [ 10 ]
Turn A 0.04639175257732 4.6% [ 9 ]
Double 0/Trailblazer 0.077319587628866 7.7% [ 15 ]
Age 0.030927835051546 3.1% [ 6 ]
Build Fighters/Try 0.041237113402062 4.1% [ 8 ]
Other, Like Super Deformed or Igloo 0.082474226804124 8.2% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 194 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

21,825 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Champion 300
I just wanted talk about everything Gundam.

Some topics for posting:

What is your favorite series was and why.
Favorite Character(s)
Favorite Mobile suit(s) or Mobile Armor
Favorite Gundam Game
Favorite Manga/Sidestory
Favorite Quotes and moments
Favorite Char

You can also talk about things you don't like or dislike, thought were awful or what have you.

I'll Start off by listing my Favorite Suit and Character for each Series it's a hard choice but i'll limit it to one

0079 - Char, MS-14A Gelgoog
8th Mobile Suit Team- Norris Packard, MS-07B-3
0080 War in the pocket - Bernie, MS-14jg Gelgoog Jager,
0083 Stardust Memory - Gato, AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra
Zeta Gundam - Emma, MSZ-006 Zeta
ZZ Gundam - Haman, AMX-107 Bawoo
Chars Counterattack - Bright RGM-89 Jegan
Gundam Unicorn - Marida Cruz, MSn-06s Sinanju
F91 - Seabrook- Gundam F91
V Gundam, I Still need to watch
G Savior, Also haven't seen
Reco in G, Still watching

G Gundam - Master Gundam, Schwarz Bruder

Gundam Wing - Treize, XXXG-01S2 Altron (Not Custom/EW)

After War X - Jamil Neate, GW-9800 Gundam Airmaster

Turn A - Harry Ord, Turn X

Gundam 00, Allelujah, GN-0000 00 Raiser

Age, Need to see it

Build Fighter and Try i've seen but i dunno, some awesome suit concepts and yeah i like the Meijins

My favorite side story/Game Suit is the Rx-78-6 Mudrock especially with the hover thrusters.

Now for a Rant

As for Seed and Destiny Seen both, i like Destiny better than Seed, but i dislike both ALOT, I admit it's bold going with a cast of all female Characters including all the lead roles, Athrun and that Kira Chick, but i just see it as a sad reinterpretation of 0079, even the Char is a bit lack luster.

It has Some neat suits, but i don't like the Berserker mode, i'd much rather have newtypes back, the exam system, Trans AM or Zero System, it's just lacking. And i thought it be tough to beat out the annoyingness of Relena, Quess Parya or Lalah sune but Lacus Clyne brings a new level to annoying in a gundam series, Cagalli and Andrew Waltfeld are the only saving grace. Though i have to say the most believeable character is Flay, most everyone else is just to whiny about their situation, even beyond young Amuro.

I'm not saying anything bad about people who like it, i know for alot of people these days it was their first Gundam Series, and anything that gets you interested in the Gundam universe is good, i just hope you don't make it the only Gundam Series you watch.

mori_xxx's Wife

Conservative Member

6,725 Points
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
LOVE GUNDAM FOREVER....

Character: no one actually
Mobile suit: Buster, Freedom, Wing Zero, RX78
Gundam Game: none
Manga: none
Qoutes: from Kira Yamato "How can you fight if your feelings is the only weapons you've got."

Gundam Wing is COOL, yes! But Gundam Seeds/Destiny rochs me a lot!
OP, you should give V Gundam a watch. I'd like to hear your commentary on the annoyingness of a certain character or two.
The original Gundam will always be my favorite. Sayla should have gotten more development.
NinjaSai
The original Gundam will always be my favorite. Sayla should have gotten more development.

Maybe, but at same time it could've fallen into a trap of stretching out the character for too long. Know what character needed to have more screen time though? Muh man M'quve!

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
Gundam Wing. =x

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
Wing! heart

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Gundam Wing, definitely. ^^
oh boy i really love turn a!! but i admit i have never watched any other gundam series, i watched the first two episodes of gundam seed but it was just repulsive lmao???

Star

Favorite series is probably 00, but Wing is a very close second. I love the set up of 00, the characters, and the message it tries to convey, I feel like the way the movie ended the series was a really satisfying conclusion.
I love Wing for the characters, and because of my nostalgia, but I'm also really happy to see it still get so much love.
I've also been watching After War Gundam X, and enjoying it a lot. It feels like Wing in a lot of ways, and Garrod and Tifa are great.

Favorite Character(s)
Everyone in Wing except for Wu Fei, but especially Duo, Releena, and Trowa.
Setsuna, Lockon, and Sumeragi from 00.
Uhh... and Sayla I guess.

Favorite Mobile suit(s) or Mobile Armor
Death Scyth, Wing 0, and Exia. I also really like the designs in G-Reco, especially the Mack Knife, but I don't have much personal attachment to them.
Also all of the ridiculous Mobile suits from G Gundam will always make me smile.

The original Char is the best Char. But Zeches has a special place in my heart.

Also I'm thinking of getting Gundam Battle Assault 2, I don't play a ton of fighting games, but I would if they were gundam themed. Has anyone ever played it?

21,825 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Champion 300
A Problem
OP, you should give V Gundam a watch. I'd like to hear your commentary on the annoyingness of a certain character or two.

i plan to get to it, i can't tell you how many times i've watched the first 2 episodes but i've just never went beyond that. One of these days...well weeks i'd like to sit down and watch all of the UC series back to back in chronological order.

21,825 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Champion 300
NinjaSai

well with Gundam origins being animated i imagine Sayla may get some more decent screen time though the focus will of course be on Char. Though Origins is a bit different than the original series with pretty shocking plot twist..

21,825 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Champion 300
Yarn_dragon

Also I'm thinking of getting Gundam Battle Assault 2, I don't play a ton of fighting games, but I would if they were gundam themed. Has anyone ever played it?

Yeah i have Battle Assault 2, it's interesting, as far as a fighting game goes it's a little lame honestly, but it gets points for having Gundams, i do like the Gundam Dynasty warriors games, the game play for them gets monotonous, but the dialog is interesting.

I'd have to say my favorite Gundam game is Zeonic front for the ps2, just love the story and the game play is a bit unique for a gundam game. though i really like federation vs Zeon for the ps2 also a nice long game.

21,825 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Champion 300
yellmi
oh boy i really love turn a!! but i admit i have never watched any other gundam series, i watched the first two episodes of gundam seed but it was just repulsive lmao???

You should give 8th mobile suit team a try, it's only 12 episodes with an ova called millers report, but it's kinda got it all, it focuses on a small Mobile suit team fighting in south east asia during the one year war with no real over powered mobile suits in the series. it's got believable characters, with a good mix of drama action and romance, plus i've always liked the animation style.

i think it's probably the one Gundam anime that everyone should see whether they like the genre or not.

Wicked Bookworm

33,000 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Falling For You 25
I am not really a fan of the Gundam franchise per-say...I have watched several of the different series, mostly at the behest of my boyfriend who loves all things Gundam, and I really like the Gundam Build Fighters and Try-Fighters series the most. Gundam Wing is probably the best out of the older series.
I really like Lady Une from Gundam Wing, she is sexy in a weird severe/ half crazy sort of way.
I also like Lockon Stratus from Gundam-00, he is just sexy....oh and I named my cat after Quatre'.
My favorite mobile suit is the Kampfer and I also like the Exia Dark Matter from Build fighters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff