Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
So I'm interested in seeing how this dinner goes. I would be loathe to give up my ideas for how to have Baldrik interact with the rest of the guests, but I can assure that it won't be the most festive of feasts.

As it stands I think we've established how much of a strong position the Eyre has, with its good reserves of both wood and iron, strong warriors, and souls more willing to dedicate themselves to the survival of their royal families than you could ask for.

As it stands, however, I think that while the North may not be lacking in strength, they certainly lack the tact and espionage that the South possesses. I think this suits the situation very well. As I've said before, wisdom wins more wars than strength and here we might prove that saying true.

The North certainly lacks any charm of its own and is very brutish in the way it settles matters. I'm sure in the South words get one farther than iron, whereas the just opposite is true in the North.

Very nice comparisons and very nice strengths and weaknesses on both sides. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

I will also be getting a new keyboard soon and when I do my posts will be much nicer and hopefully lacking many mistakes made common throughout the recent posts.

Canny Trickster

Haha, connor can't help but to play and tease a little with just about anyone.
D_letion
( Ita PuPu. That was her nickname as a child. I'm calling it now. hahahah )

omg yes i love it?????? She's been embarrassed about it since forever? Etienette tried to explain to her that pet names aren't the same thing as being made fun of. She pretended to understand but internally she was like I HAVE BEEN BETRAYED I HAVE NO FAMILY I AM ALONE IN THIS WRETCHED WORLD....
AT THE AGE OF FOUR.
Sorry ridiculous hilarious family stuff is one of many fiction weaknesses I am prone to.

As always (well, for the second time) I look forward to Valentine.

korinzu

Alright, let the games begin! Between all his interests Connor's gonna be quite busy.

The Covenant Man

I'm liking the dynamics of the northerners vs southerners too! I love going back and forth between "x is being summoned by y! formalities are exchanged! ambition! who can be trusted! etc" and "I HAVE LOVE FOR A LOT OF YOU GUYS BUT I'M ABOUT TO FIGHT EVERYONE, wait that wouldn't be proper in front of the whole court, I'LL JUST THREATEN AND/OR RIDICULE INSTEAD". Seeing those two sides meet up is gonna be funnnnnn

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The Covenant Man
So I'm interested in seeing how this dinner goes. I would be loathe to give up my ideas for how to have Baldrik interact with the rest of the guests, but I can assure that it won't be the most festive of feasts.

As it stands I think we've established how much of a strong position the Eyre has, with its good reserves of both wood and iron, strong warriors, and souls more willing to dedicate themselves to the survival of their royal families than you could ask for.

As it stands, however, I think that while the North may not be lacking in strength, they certainly lack the tact and espionage that the South possesses. I think this suits the situation very well. As I've said before, wisdom wins more wars than strength and here we might prove that saying true.

The North certainly lacks any charm of its own and is very brutish in the way it settles matters. I'm sure in the South words get one farther than iron, whereas the just opposite is true in the North.

Very nice comparisons and very nice strengths and weaknesses on both sides. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

I will also be getting a new keyboard soon and when I do my posts will be much nicer and hopefully lacking many mistakes made common throughout the recent posts.

yo, totes smile
haha
I'm so glad both ends came out very differently. The south is far more ceremonial and far more pomp and natural money, while also likely relying on politics a lot more. North is far more brutish, but I do think that while they lack the espionage they don't lack all the tactical prowess.
I think Lord Eyre has it in his original background that he's got a strong tactical mind, as I also included that as Garan's one good trait.

Obviously, politics are very different and as you said, strength is far more prided in the North than the South, but in that same vein I think that while they might not have the best advancements and such, they might also have a more tried and tested method of fighting (more skirmishes, also more brutality and willingness to go to that level of brutality).

South def. has more organization and discipline, though. That's clear. They might also have far more technology (we already established they might have damascus steel) and obviously more charisma haha.

So it will be nice to see how it all works out biggrin

Noble Noob

*pokes head in OOC*
I lack in military skills planning. Which is ironic because I love/ am very interested War history
then again, it's more from the social aspect :/
Edit: Just sent my profile in for the fourth child of the Halle house! Hopefully you guys like it c:
The Amazing Wiggle
*pokes head in OOC*
I lack in military skills planning. Which is ironic because I love/ am very interested War history
Edit: Just sent my profile in for the fourth child of the Halle house! Hopefully you guys like it c:

AHHHHHHH BABYYYYYYYYYY, I HAVE TO RETHINK ITSASO'S ATTITUDE TOWARD HER SIBLINGS (anyway I'm overdue for revising her profile background, certain things just don't make sense). I love it!

Also same about military stuff. I love history (although I forget it too quickly) but when it comes to like...tactical stuff...I suddenly lose all interest, or at least attention span. Like it has to be something really bizarre for me to be able to focus on it.

Noble Noob

ginger_jam
The Amazing Wiggle
*pokes head in OOC*

AHHHHHHH BABYYYYYYYYYY, I HAVE TO RETHINK ITSASO'S ATTITUDE TOWARD HER SIBLINGS (anyway I'm overdue for revising her profile background, certain things just don't make sense). I love it!

Also same about military stuff. I love history (although I forget it too quickly) but when it comes to like...tactical stuff...I suddenly lose all interest, or at least attention span. Like it has to be something really bizarre for me to be able to focus on it.

Sorry sweatdrop I've been thinking of another character for a while now and finally got the courage to create one c: also, it seemed like the Halle house hold was a little lonely haha.
I'm trying to figure out how to plop Pace's character into current events
I remember certain things that I find interesting, while the rest just kind of swirls in a pool of knowledge, only reaching in when I need to remember somethine

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The Amazing Wiggle

ginger_jam

The Amazing Wiggle

*pokes head in OOC*

Sorry sweatdrop I've been thinking of another character for a while now and finally got the courage to create one c: also, it seemed like the Halle house hold was a little lonely haha.
I'm trying to figure out how to plop Pace's character into current events
I remember certain things that I find interesting, while the rest just kind of swirls in a pool of knowledge, only reaching in when I need to remember somethine

haha
Yeah, I know bits and pieces here and there, but while I have a pretty firm grasp of how to maneuver with a weapon (given a certain amount of strength and speed and training), as well as various weapon types, I'm not as super knowledgeable about tactics aside from common sense stuff that I know about, or from what I've played in videogames.
So...
I took to researching a group I knew to have decent tactics, is good at making their numbers truly count against a much larger force, who don't necessarily have the best equipment or the most technology, but still managed to win in amazing ways.
Hence: I just started researching mongol battle tactics, along with a few others, considering this is kinda how I would assume the Latham side is more equipped to use.

Romans and Egyptians and Middle Eastern groups are used to flat plains, lots of space, heat, and wealth and technology.
Mongols are used to hills, some plains, but mountains and in the freezing cold and in harsh weather conditions. They also had smaller numbers, and so they used deception more often than not to make themselves appear more powerful. They are also very good at using the fierce loyalty that people had to their various leaders to their advantage. On top of that, they had a very fluid battle-system which they used to work around various situations that might arise, fighting in lots of weather types, under many scenarios, etc. They were also masters of using elevation to their advantage.
Most of these things, I could assume, the Latham side would be adept at using. idk the loyalty part, but definitely the smaller numbers, less equipment, cold and weather resistance, and elevation fighters (also probably guerrilla warfare sorts).

I haven't started looking into Irish or Scottish tactics as of yet, but that's what I would assume the Eyre are more used to using. Again, less equipment, fierceness, loyalty, and more guerrilla tactics than full frontal assaults.

Though we don't really have "spy" characters, I can assume we would still have "scouts" or some similar vein from which to use during the war, simply because ******** everyone uses that. Spies are more or less put into place for assassinations, or really specific information gathering or getting close to one person or another. scouts were like the level lower, and tried to find out battle plans, or see the battle formations from a distance whilst they were practicing and such.

ahhh
but enough of that for now. haha.
I've just been doing this stuff all day now and it's fun in it's own way. ;3

Pace!

So... in Book 1 we established that there were some peace meetings that took place in which the various families gathered together to celebrate stuff. That's when Old Calember Latham died and the whole s**t-storm started. Daven was certainly there, but it's up to you whether you think Pace should have gone or whether this is his first exposure to the court in his recent memory.

Pros toward him being there: He kinda knows people from that. Kinda has an idea of what went on during the meeting. Also was already in pseudo-training for taking up the Lord's title for when his father dies. Ostadar was pretty much ready to disown Daven, he just wasn't sure if assigning the responsibility to his 12 year old (I think that's Pace's age?) was a good idea or not, or whether the kid was going to be a disappointment like his older son.
Hand was forced, however, when Daven drew the last straw and Ostadar finally disowned him.
Pace would likely have stayed in the Yate lands, then, with his father, as he was hammered down with stuff about wartimes and protecting the king and all that bunk.

Pros toward him not being there for that one: He gets to meet people for the first time and have fun pestering them. Perhaps didn't see what happened or went down, so he didn't see that s**t go down. Also, he likely had less of an inkling that he was going to be the next heir, so despite already being badgered and put through some training, the reality hadn't quite hit home until just after Daven was disowned and he was summoned to court.
So... shock aspect there. He has had time away from Ostadar and is only now coming back under the thumb, and now it's in full force.

Hopefully that helps work his character in?
That's at least how I was looking at it. haha.

Canny Trickster

The Covenant Man

I have a feeling me and you may be acting as war councilors for the rp.

You take north, I'll take south? (Lol, jk)

General side note, who needs help with historical european swordsmanship for those who want some extra flavor to their character? I can suggest sites that describe guards, foot work and methods of using a longsword, as that's what I'm current self training in. Or I can help directly through discussion. Just putting that out there.

And you know right well Pace is going to get educated by Connor in as much as possible. So warping molding his little mind will be fun. twisted

Noble Noob

D_letion

I think I may go with the second option
I think it'll be like he was strongly advised to go to the first meeting by his father and some of the castle staff, but didn't have to go due to his brother still being there. Now with his brother out of the picture, he's being forced to go and to take in his brother's place. I mean I kind of understand what was going on in the first rp, but I don't have enough time to go over all of it with summer school still going on for another 2 weeks. I mean Pace never has really thought about politics (or at least the way I designed him) and was only really concerned with falling into the gender roles of a male heir of the Halle house

korinzu

He can try his best with molding Pace's mind, however Pace likes to zone out a lot, or acts dumb, even though he's quite intelligent and just doesn't push himself.

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
korinzu
The Covenant Man

General side note, who needs help with historical european swordsmanship for those who want some extra flavor to their character? I can suggest sites that describe guards, foot work and methods of using a longsword, as that's what I'm current self training in. Or I can help directly through discussion. Just putting that out there.

And you know right well Pace is going to get educated by Connor in as much as possible. So warping molding his little mind will be fun. twisted

haha
Yeah, I think Cov has quite a bit of research done already on this. xP
Still, I needs to learn a bit. Garan's supposed to be good at the tactics of a situation, and so I need to be able to roleplay him doing such things.

Just because you rolled a nat 20 on your charisma check doesn't mean what you're about to make your character say isn't lame.
haha.

anyway, help and info is always advised on this end.
I'm down.
I would say I would prefer info like that (dense stuff) to be in OOC rather than skype. It's easier to hold onto and read. ;D

Ostadar: *gruff manly approval* "Yes... just make sure he is not an idiot. I need smarts as well as strength in my heir."

speaking of.... is there another app or chat service that you have which we might consider swapping to, just for your ease of access? Like, most of us have skype, but you and ginger do not. I don't want you guys to fall out of touch or feel left out. ;n;
We have a lot of fun on the chats, even if it is stupid s**t more than half the time. haha.

EDIT: Also kinda worried that means my battle strategy, or at least source of inspiration for my initial research is coming off as dumb. D:
The Amazing Wiggle
D_letion

I think I may go with the second option
I think it'll be like he was strongly advised to go to the first meeting by his father and some of the castle staff, but didn't have to go due to his brother still being there. Now with his brother out of the picture, he's being forced to go and to take in his brother's place. I mean I kind of understand what was going on in the first rp, but I don't have enough time to go over all of it with summer school still going on for another 2 weeks. I mean Pace never has really thought about politics (or at least the way I designed him) and was only really concerned with falling into the gender roles of a male heir of the Halle house

korinzu

He can try his best with molding Pace's mind, however Pace likes to zone out a lot, or acts dumb, even though he's quite intelligent and just doesn't push himself.

Haha, that was how his sis got in trouble as a kid, except it was a more actively rebellious kinda deal; she didn't perform well in formal education either.

Late, but yeah I was more or less gonna suggest what D said. I tried to make it vague as possible where the other siblings were (basically, Itsaso: "Idk and idc" wink but a Halle ship just arrived w Itsaso and Connor, so. Plus that way they can get the royal greeting Torveny's apparently giving out together. I'm new too so the only real background I established was that she hasn't seen Ostadar since he first went to Iskra, which is both neat in terms of the characters not knowing entirely what's going on, and...I think more or less what was intended anyway, that he's been in the capital this whole time.

Ah, hopefully that made sense. Me and my run on sentences
ginger_jam
D_letion
korinzu
The Covenant Man

haha
Still, I needs to learn a bit. Garan's supposed to be good at the tactics of a situation, and so I need to be able to roleplay him doing such things.

Just because you rolled a nat 20 on your charisma check doesn't mean what you're about to make your character say isn't lame.
haha.

I'm down.
I would say I would prefer info like that (dense stuff) to be in OOC rather than skype. It's easier to hold onto and read. ;D

Ostadar: *gruff manly approval* "Yes... just make sure he is not an idiot. I need smarts as well as strength in my heir."

speaking of.... is there another app or chat service that you have which we might consider swapping to, just for your ease of access? Like, most of us have skype, but you and ginger do not. I don't want you guys to fall out of touch or feel left out. ;n;
We have a lot of fun on the chats, even if it is stupid s**t more than half the time. haha.

Yeah I'm sorry I meant to mention, it's not working out for my old-a** broken-down devices. Until I get up the money to fix my tablet I'm virtually chat-less :/ Anyway time to read about VALENTIIIIIINE

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ginger_jam
ginger_jam
D_letion
korinzu
The Covenant Man

haha

haha.

I'm down.

Yeah I'm sorry I meant to mention, it's not working out for my old-a** broken-down devices. Until I get up the money to fix my tablet I'm virtually chat-less :/ Anyway time to read about VALENTIIIIIINE

haha
Oh, don't you worry about him. He's blathering nonsense to the king and thinking even more arbitrary thoughts. haha.

also, yeah. Let me know if any chat service or whatever works for you too. One that potentially requires less than skype?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff