Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Muse

They are 7 and 9.

I grew up watching Freddy Kreuger, Jason, and Michael Myers...Oh! Gremlins, Critters, and other such B-movie monsters. And I mean from the time I was in diapers...I am of a fairly dark, and twisted humor, and I scare people. Even when I don't mean to, because I just think things are funny, and they are highly disturbed by my humor.

I want my kids to have a chance at NOT scaring people when they are just joking...

So...

No such movies for my kids. They're already twisted just being exposed to me, so I'll not add to the mix.
omg I was the total opposite. Saw the Exorcist at 5 or 6...At 10 I walked in on some teenagers playing with a ouija board and ran out of not only the room, but the apartment in hysterics.

Speaking of movie recs and horror, I watched It Follows the other day and I was pretty impressed considering it's a movie about a sexually transmitted monster.

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Eh. When I was little my dad and I used to watch bad movies together. Like just awful works of film. From bad horror movies to terrible action flicks. It was something we kind of bonded over. I think to this day my favorite "horror" movies are the old Evil Dead films.

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Haha. So my parent's version is, "we dun goofed early on"

They were trying to wait to expose me to that stuff, but alas, accidents happen. At like, 2 or 3 we had a TV and Jurassic park was on. I loved dinosaurs, and I sat down with my mom to watch it. She was going to let me watch until the scary part and then turn it off. The phone rang and she got distracted until she heard the scream from the bedroom. Haha.
"Dinosaur bite tire?" Was my biggest concern for three months.

Idk if any of you remember the old Disney ride, Alien? So... It was titled something else, and is currently at Disney as the Stitch ride, in a far less frightening format. When it was first released, though, it was about Alien. Like the black acid spitting monster.
This ride had an annual heart attack rate, I s**t you not, and the workers had to count people going in and out to see if someone feinted or outright convulsed and wasn't out of the ride.
This was one of those interactive rides where they strap you in, make noises on the side of your head, whipped the back of your feet and so on.

I was four. Aside from Jurassic park, I hadn't experienced one lick of horror.
My dad went in with me and when he came out he was shaken and looked at my mom with the biggest, "oh s**t I think I broke the kid" face on.

http://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20150310/30034/depth-retrospective-extraterrorestrial-alien-encounter?page=3

And then roughly the same experience as ginger. Scared shitless by poltergeist films.
We did watch tremors as kids, which is a monster movie technically, but I don't think any of us have ever been scared by it no matter our age.

I think I turned out fine ;D

Divine Muse

My dad MADE me watch horror films. When my parents got divorced, it was one of the reasons she cited wanting supervised visits. I remember talking to the judge, and his eyes just got huge. My dad was not allowed to have me near a VCR, or television for a year.

Apparently I left an impression, though I don't remember what we talked about.

I'm weird, and I'm okay with that. As a kid, I scared a lot of people, and while I have no problem with some twisted humor, I don't feel like getting called into the school for anything more than I'm already getting called in for every other week.

/my kids don't take s**t from other kids after a certain point, then it's going to argue that NO, they are not suspending my kids for protecting, and taking up for themselves.

I'd rather not add psychiatrists to the mix...No....

I came home about 330 after work last night cuz I went to the store. THere are 2 that are open 24 hours on my way home...I cleaned the entryway, the kitchen, the bathroom, and the hall. The kids can clean their own rooms. I'll clean the living room.

The kids were up, so I made them help me clean. emotion_dowant I think they learned to at least PRETEND to be asleep when I get home now lol

D_letion's Wife

Tipsy Sailor

ginger_jam

Weeeeeeell I'm pretty much playing it by ear (just so everyone knows that's a bad habit of mine, even back when I actually rp'ed I rarely found peeps who were ready to plot) but Mortimer seems like hella fun. Let's do itttttttt

Awesome. I'll post for him today.

D_letion's Wife

Tipsy Sailor

I am like a total chicken when it comes to scary movies. Usually I can watch them and be a little freaked out when I do so, but it's when I'm in my room alone... Then I truly start to freak out. T.T

D_letion was probably the first one to get me to watch playthroughs of horror games.

My parents wouldn't even let me watch TV half of the time, so scary movies were out of the question.
The Covenant Man
Eh. When I was little my dad and I used to watch bad movies together. Like just awful works of film. From bad horror movies to terrible action flicks. It was something we kind of bonded over. I think to this day my favorite "horror" movies are the old Evil Dead films.

My friend is obsessed with the Evil Dead franchise. She showed me the first one and it was AMAZING. Helped that we were drunk. But secretly it did tap into my deep-seeded(seated?) fear of everyone in my company becoming possessed (thanks again, Exorcist!).

I feel like I'm the only one who was actively and intentionally shown scary movies as a child but still ended up scared of 'em xD. I'm just naturally a terrified person though, plus a lot of those were explicitly shown to me as cautionary tales, i.e. "Don't worry honey there's no such thing as ghosts. Only demons. They are exclusively evil, and they will overpower you. Here's an educational video!!"

WHYYY was there an Alien ride at Disney omfg

Still can't do the horror game thing. Nahhhhhh.

Whoop Mortimer!!!!
(too much to quote lol)

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
ginger_jam
The Covenant Man

My friend is obsessed with the Evil Dead franchise. She showed me the first one and it was AMAZING. Helped that we were drunk. But secretly it did tap into my deep-seeded(seated?) fear of everyone in my company becoming possessed (thanks again, Exorcist!).

I feel like I'm the only one who was actively and intentionally shown scary movies as a child but still ended up scared of 'em xD. I'm just naturally a terrified person though, plus a lot of those were explicitly shown to me as cautionary tales, i.e. "Don't worry honey there's no such thing as ghosts. Only demons. They are exclusively evil, and they will overpower you. Here's an educational video!!"

WHYYY was there an Alien ride at Disney omfg

Still can't do the horror game thing. Nahhhhhh.

Whoop Mortimer!!!!
(too much to quote lol)

Well it's not that I wasn't scared of horror movies I've just always been a realistic person. I wasn't born into a religious household and sort of regard most of anything involving demons and ghosts as simple tall tales and nothing more.

Though to be fair horror games are a lot more interactive and are much more frightening. It took me two days to cross the first part of Dead Space when I was 13

Divine Muse

I believe I am waiting on an Evelyn before I write a Dorian...
So how's everybody dooooin'? I nearly posted this in the wrong thread (:

D_letion's Wife

Tipsy Sailor

ginger_jam
So how's everybody dooooin'? I nearly posted this in the wrong thread (:

Pretty good.
I'm going to be working on the Mortimer post today. lol

Sorry for the wait.
No worries! Trust, I used to be notoriously slow with my rp responses, and whether I'll be any better now...remains yet to be seen xD
Harmonie and Happiness
Pretty good.

Sorry for the wait.

Spent a lot of time waiting on lines today so I had a lot of opportunity to work on a response, but a nap may be encroaching before I finish and post. Spoiler: It's...far too long.

D_letion

If you think a weird mystery stalker tipped a post, don't be alarmed...I just forgot I was on a mule account xD Anyway YEAH VALENTINE! Been a-waitin' for that sucka!

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ginger_jam
Harmonie and Happiness
Pretty good.

Sorry for the wait.

Spent a lot of time waiting on lines today so I had a lot of opportunity to work on a response, but a nap may be encroaching before I finish and post. Spoiler: It's...far too long.

D_letion

If you think a weird mystery stalker tipped a post, don't be alarmed...I just forgot I was on a mule account xD Anyway YEAH VALENTINE! Been a-waitin' for that sucka!

haha. I was wondering. xP
and yeah! he's actually kinda hard to write for @n@
nobody really likes him, and a lot of what he does is behind the scenes, so it's a little rough (not to mention I had a wee bit of writer's block)

but thanks <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces