Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Discontented Lynx
Capa Branned-Alms
Discontented Lynx
You said the person was one of your best friends. I mean, you have to have some idea about how she is when she's drugged up being that you've known her for so long.

I'd honestly be more scared of the weird trailer guy who lives in the forest and who keeps contacting you. Alongside the paranoia of other stragglers she might know coming around to get 'emselves some drug money or whatever else.

I never thought I'd say this about an addict, but he's actually an angel... And he also lives almost 5 hours from me!

Well, addicts are just people. Once they consume long enough, though, the habit sets in, and it can be hell to break it, particularly if they don't really want to.

That's all I meant. He's got the habits addicts have. I've learned that "addict" is synonymous with "liar" and "thief". But, he's also got a golden heart. It's sad. He fell for my friend while she was there, and he truly wants what's best for her... Even if it's misguided

Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
DJ Twissta
Does she want to change?

That depends on the day. What I'm doing right now is exhausting every option we have, so we have nothing to feel guilty about when/if she fails again.
If she fails with me this time, I've gotten a contact within the local police who said she's willing to go under cover and participate in a fake drug deal with her. At that point, she'll be safe, and also in jail. She can see what jail feels like until her trial. If she keeps using after that... Okay. But she'll have hit rock bottom, and she'll have to pull herself back up. Such is the way with addicts! rolleyes

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Capa Branned-Alms
DJ Twissta
Does she want to change?

That depends on the day. What I'm doing right now is exhausting every option we have, so we have nothing to feel guilty about when/if she fails again.
If she fails with me this time, I've gotten a contact within the local police who said she's willing to go under cover and participate in a fake drug deal with her. At that point, she'll be safe, and also in jail. She can see what jail feels like until her trial. If she keeps using after that... Okay. But she'll have hit rock bottom, and she'll have to pull herself back up. Such is the way with addicts! rolleyes

Do you know why she's using, what her triggers are, and what possible alternatives she can try to do instead?

The "Why" is the source of her addiction, alternatives will give her somewhere else to spend her energy/time/recovery, and knowing her triggers will help with preventative measures :3 Personally I think that jail time will only keep her away out of force, not out of self-control. Which means the moment she's out she may start using again if the other areas of her recovery haven't been addressed. Also something to note is that drugs do get smuggled into jail.

Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
DJ Twissta
Capa Branned-Alms
DJ Twissta
Does she want to change?

Do you know why she's using, what her triggers are, and what possible alternatives she can try to do instead?

The "Why" is the source of her addiction, alternatives will give her somewhere else to spend her energy/time/recovery, and knowing her triggers will help with preventative measures :3 Personally I think that jail time will only keep her away out of force, not out of self-control. Which means the moment she's out she may start using again if the other areas of her recovery haven't been addressed. Also something to note is that drugs do get smuggled into jail.

Sorry I didn't reply. It's been a hectic few days. Her stay with me ended when I realized she'd taken 14 10mlg librium pills, and had 5 double rum and cokes
I restrained her because she was going to leave and stumble around in the 100 degree heat while severely dehydrated and confused

She tore up my arms with her nails, bit my face, and tried to break my toe. She finally made a credible suicide threat, so I was able to get her baker acted. They let her out after two days (a baker act is three days) without even putting her in the psychiatric ward of the hospital

Yesterday, when she got out, I got a call from someone who knew me from the last time she went missing saying that my friend had called her saying she was drunk and looking for coke
I set up this stupid search team and tricked my friend into giving up her location to someone. I parked near where she was, got out of my car, and sat in the dirt underneath it for hours and listened to her speak. I was worried she'd get like, raped or killed or something
She figured out what was going on at one point because someone used my phone to call someone she was with, and she bolted
So then I sat under the bridge she was under, in the trash heap she was in, for hours, hoping she'd come back

I realized last night that I actually really need psychiatric help. Like really bad. Problem is, the only help I can afford is at the nonprofit hospital I work at, and I don't think I can get help there if I work there

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Capa Branned-Alms
DJ Twissta
Capa Branned-Alms
DJ Twissta
Does she want to change?

Sorry I didn't reply. It's been a hectic few days. Her stay with me ended when I realized she'd taken 14 10mlg librium pills, and had 5 double rum and cokes
I restrained her because she was going to leave and stumble around in the 100 degree heat while severely dehydrated and confused

She tore up my arms with her nails, bit my face, and tried to break my toe. She finally made a credible suicide threat, so I was able to get her baker acted. They let her out after two days (a baker act is three days) without even putting her in the psychiatric ward of the hospital

Yesterday, when she got out, I got a call from someone who knew me from the last time she went missing saying that my friend had called her saying she was drunk and looking for coke
I set up this stupid search team and tricked my friend into giving up her location to someone. I parked near where she was, got out of my car, and sat in the dirt underneath it for hours and listened to her speak. I was worried she'd get like, raped or killed or something
She figured out what was going on at one point because someone used my phone to call someone she was with, and she bolted
So then I sat under the bridge she was under, in the trash heap she was in, for hours, hoping she'd come back

I realized last night that I actually really need psychiatric help. Like really bad. Problem is, the only help I can afford is at the nonprofit hospital I work at, and I don't think I can get help there if I work there

It's okay, you didn't really answer any of my questions though. Also why do you think you need psychiatric help? (I don't see why they wouldn't let you have some btw). Personally I don't see why you're still holding onto her. There's only so much you can do. They say when you see a drowning person you should never go in the water to rescue them because they may drown you trying to stay afloat. Maybe this is a similar situation?

Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
DJ Twissta

It's okay, you didn't really answer any of my questions though. Also why do you think you need psychiatric help? (I don't see why they wouldn't let you have some btw). Personally I don't see why you're still holding onto her. There's only so much you can do. They say when you see a drowning person you should never go in the water to rescue them because they may drown you trying to stay afloat. Maybe this is a similar situation?

Sorry, I didn't think it mattered any more because the situation was over. Her triggers are so vast, they even include breathing. I had to work this weekend, and I wasn't home when she went to go meet with some people from her old rehab center who were happy being sober. Triggered. She went to go drink to forget she drinks.

It's funny you should say that. My friend lost his husband a few months ago while they were boating. They were doing a business deal, and the person they were meeting dropped his briefcase in the lake. This man jumped in after it, and then began shouting that he couldn't swim. My friend's husband went in after him. The idiot who jumped into water for some leather lived.

I'm struggling to let go because she's been my best friend for half of my life.
I think I need psychiatric help because I need help letting go. This also isn't the only time I've struggled with not overexerting myself to help someone. It's a recurring problem.
It might be a conflict of interest if my coworker is my therapist. But we work in different departments

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Capa Branned-Alms
DJ Twissta

Sorry, I didn't think it mattered any more because the situation was over. Her triggers are so vast, they even include breathing. I had to work this weekend, and I wasn't home when she went to go meet with some people from her old rehab center who were happy being sober. Triggered. She went to go drink to forget she drinks.

It's funny you should say that. My friend lost his husband a few months ago while they were boating. They were doing a business deal, and the person they were meeting dropped his briefcase in the lake. This man jumped in after it, and then began shouting that he couldn't swim. My friend's husband went in after him. The idiot who jumped into water for some leather lived.

I'm struggling to let go because she's been my best friend for half of my life.
I think I need psychiatric help because I need help letting go. This also isn't the only time I've struggled with not overexerting myself to help someone. It's a recurring problem.
It might be a conflict of interest if my coworker is my therapist. But we work in different departments

Take whatever help you can get lol. Forget everything else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff