Welcome to Gaia! ::

Youthful Pants

33,975 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Cool Competitor 150
Did you like this type of voting system?
No. No, I do not in any way shape or form like this type of voting. :/ It's pretty shitty, actually.

Should a Gold Shop system, possible using Loyal's, be made for those who don't use GCash?

I'd like it if something like that were put in place. It would certainly be more fair.
Did you vote for another Team Favor because you liked that Towns color better for the recolor?
So far I have only bought Barton, but I am considering Gambino.
Do you think Gaia would actually miss an opportunity to make money by not finding another way to make the recolours if the other Town favors don't sell out?
Doubt it. They've already made the items, wouldn't that just be money down the drain if they didn't? They eventually brought back the B.O.O. skin, even though that was supposed to be gone forever, too. Though, that was a free item, so it may have different rules.

Vannequin's Senpai

Dead Potato

51,450 Points
  • You Thought.. 500
  • not released 500
        Durem for sure sold out because of town loyalty, because it's recolor is definitely the worst of all of the bunch. So Duremites can rejoice for that.

----- Do I like this type of voting system?
        HELL no!
        ----- Should a Gold Shop or Loyal's system be made?
        Because of Aekea's recolor, I can understand why this wasn't done to be gold-based. Of course I would love it to be, but from a business standpoint the Street Dye recolors are something people would clearly pay for. With or without the town names attached.
        ----- Did you vote for another Team Favor because you liked that Town's colors?
        I actually did not vote, and do not plan on voting until the other three are about to sell out.
        I'd support Aekea because that's my town, I'd support Barton because of yellow, and I'd support Gambino because their recolor looks the best and is more or less canon to Splatoon. Durem's recolor is really bad and the only reason why I would want it is to maintain a Street Dye collection, but even then I'm not so dead set on owning it.
        ----- Do you think Gaia would miss an opportunity to make money by not finding another way to make the recolors if the other Town favors don't sell out?
        I think so. If Gaia sold just the Street Dye recolors as town support items and priced them at 799 GC, Durem still would have sold out. Gambino would probably sell out, same for Aekea, and Barton would have sold more units.

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Wow! A come from behind surprise victory for Durem, said no one.

Having the voting be with cash is incredibly unfair. If it was cheaper I probably wouldn't have minded as much, but 5 dollars basically for a sure shot at mid-tier wings isn't exactly what I'd call bang for your buck. Especially considering it's obvious that not all of these are going to sell which means a LOT of people are going to be left out because it couldn't garner enough sales.

Also, while I align myself with Durem on... Well p much all events, Gambino's wings and Street Dye look the best.

Stellar Succubus

Noooo I do not like this style of system at all. Really dislike it and did not participate.

I am a Bartonite at heart, but I buy durem colours because they fit my scheme... and my home is in Durem.

I think the town colours are a good concept, and fun to incorporate, but this sales tactic has left me feeling bitter.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

If Gaia wants to test their user base to see if they care about their towns or not this is not the place to do it lmfao. Most often those who care don't have too much gc and those who care about colors only will pretty much just allow these LQIs sell like normal LQIs, which means it'd never run out. Which means when they don't run out, everyone's been basically cheated out of their money and get nothing cause the bar was set too high

It's to the point I can say it's ugly to have produced an item, dangle it in front of your face, and if you don't sell your entire house to get it, no one gets it, and it gets destroyed

No one likes this s**t. I know it's pixels so Gaia doesn't have to worry about getting rid of extra merch but it doesn't mean this is right to do and honestly, those to do still care about their towns aren't gonna be happy at all. Durem can get sold out is definitely not because of town loyalty lol red and black is such a popular and it will always be sold out. But when towns like Barton who doesn't have colors as mainstream those who like the color and support the town, well, they get jack s**t. (Admit it at this point not many people cares about those wings or actually spent five dollars for those)

Dapper Gaian

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
sterek
(No offense if you're into them--but I'm pretty sure nobody paid $5 for the wings.)

idk $5 is considered on the cheap side for wings if you ask me.

Werewolf

Girl 801
sterek
(No offense if you're into them--but I'm pretty sure nobody paid $5 for the wings.)

idk $5 is considered on the cheap side for wings if you ask me.

Definitely for 3-pose wings like the larger ones, but this size is usually found in Loyal's Bazaar--and I think plain-color wings tend to sell better than gradient ones, but I could be wrong. I've also heard this model of wings is the least popular one (compared to the small ones and the large ones).

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
I really dislike this way of "voting" and I'm actually offended that gaia tries to rip us off like this.

It's just ridiculous to pay 5$ for some wings if most people really just want the item. Why did they even create the items in the first place if they never plan to release some of them ever?

If they had released all of the items straight to the shop, I might have bought the blue one because I quite like it. Buthe now I won't. Even if it gets close to selling out, I won't spend my cash on it, I'd rather pass.

CallMeCuriosity's Significant Otter

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
I'm not surprised that Durem sold out first, but it's not my favorite by far. I feel the black/red color scheme doesn't match the theme of the item whatsoever, but I can see where it would be useful for some.

Do I like this type of voting? God no. Voting by means of cash should never have been a thing, and whoever thought of this idea should feel bad. Like extremely bad, this was stupid and garbage. Though I can say I wouldn't have been as upset if these items could be released in the future, but lo and behold, they can't. What's the point in having an artist recolor something that could potentially never see the light of day? Like what? That's nonsense.

I think if they ever decide to implement an idea such as this again, then it should definitely be gold based. Gold is something everyone has access to, and for kickstarters many rally together to make things happen so we can all get what we want. It would have been perfect for something "towns" related, because we would have all been working together to release every recolor for every town. We would have done it.

I haven't voted, but I think IF I do, I'll choose Gambino. I've always sided with that town (despite my dislike of the ocean lol). I like both it and Aekea's color scheme and personally I feel like Gambino fits the theme the best. I still do hope that Barton is able to make it, as even though I probably wouldn't use it, I know of many people who would, and again, it's nonsense that all of these just couldn't have been straight up released in the cash shop in the first place and this "event" being the reason people might not get it is bogus.

Are they losing money doing this? Who knows, I can't say how they would have sold just being direct releases, but possibly in the long run they're losing money by making a shitty business move and leaving users bitter about their choices.

Wistful Partygoer

I really dislike this way of voting, and yet I'm a big ol hypocrite because I voted for Aekea because I really love the recolor. Sigh.

It's not fair at all that you might end up with wings when all people want are the items. :/ I'm pretty sure Aekea is safe in that respect but you never know and I put actually money into this and it's still frustrating.

Mind-boggling Bookworm

If I had any cash,I'd have bought Gambino and Barton.I like those towns honestly.

With Durem,I don't think it'd surprise anyone for them to win anything town related.>-<;

Shapeshifter

This voting style was not so great, I'd rather have a 10billion gold vote item in loyal are something similar.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
This whole idea really disgusts me. They're basically holding these items hostage. You can see from the promotional image that they've already been created, but they'll just be abandoned forever if these stupid tokens don't sell enough.

Seriously, they might as well have just replaced the announcement with one of those creepy cut-and-paste ransom letters.

User Image

It's just a really gross way to do business. Even though I'm usually all about team spirit, there's no way I'm participating in this stunt.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I was actually hoping that none of them would sell out so that the contest would be bunked. emotion_drool

havockitty's Partner

Waffles

11,825 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
The Iron Magus

The police? Who in the Gaia verse would that be..leon? Im not too sure he could do much in this case OTL *Nice touch on the letter there*

This whole thing disgusts me. Durem was the obvious winner so that was no surprise.

Akea was my second pick for the next team to make it. Even if it gets down to barton being the last one in the shop im not sure if ill use my cg more an more i think about it, This leaves a rally sour taste in my mouth

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff