Welcome to Gaia! ::

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Hello, hello, it's been quite a while! Since catching up on the manga, I've discovered a prickly problem that hasn't been addressed as far as I can tell: Gaian Refugees.

So as we all know, Nyx is all blowin s**t up in Durem. Wreckin the city and giving it a makeover it probably deserves emotion_awesome But Durem isn't just full of buildings, but also people and living (and everything in between) things that might be squished from falling debris and/or magnificent magical battles.

However, what happens to those people? Louie barely knows and he's supposed to be somewhat in charge.

User Image
Ian doin a better job leading than King of Vamps

That also begs the question on how the hell can Ian place a call in the middle of a catastrophe? What's the first thing to go when something/zombies/someone/Mother nature/generally terrible things occur? It's the power, the electricity, the light. Nyx came in all razzle dazzle and crashing airship and flaunting his majestically indecent abs. How would Ian be able to place a call for help? Durem's pretty far away on the world map as well. Does Durem have some kind of signal like Gondor and Rohan had in LOTR?

Questions for summoning help aside, where do fleeing Gaians from Durem go?

User Image
I suppose they could survive off of fishing if the codes aren't too jacked up

So, my fellow Gaians, riddle me this:

If you are a fleeing Duremite (aka, Durem supporter/live in Durem/something along those lines):
    Where do you look for safety?

Which of the NPCs do you think has set up a refugee camp for survivors?

Do you loot before running to safety?

Do you use your abilities to tend to the wounded or go back to help others?

How long do you think you have to wait before you receive help?

If you are from another town:
    How do you hear about Durem's plight?

What do you bring to help out Durem? Or do you ignore Ian's call?

Which NPC leads your town to help out the survivors?

How do you travel to Durem?

Stubborn Gifter

I guess you didn't check the GCA thread sometimes as they were talking about helping the Duremites. >.>; Also, I'm STILL waiting for you and the others to fix my dang house. emotion_donotwant

Anyway, onto your question:

Where do you look for safety? Honestly, I would just hop into my car and drive as far away as possible where there are destruction. Going underground where the Kuro clan hide is definitely out of the question, considering that Nyx can easily blow the streets below too. >.>; Luckily, I did choose Aekea as my second home (and yes, I'm kinda more of a Durekea than one town supporter) so I kinda use that as a refuge. But I still consider Durem as my hometown so fix my house you goat. emotion_donotwant

Which of the NPCs do you think has set up a refugee camp for survivors?: I pretty certain it's not Ian and Louie, consider most of the vampires are going into all out war and not give a care about the civilians. Also, I don't think Ian has planned ahead of time to make a refugee camp. In fact, I don't think I can picture any NPCs who live in Durem (other than Edmund) will make a refugee camp. But if Stein-sama is part of the G-team, lives in Durem, and knows what the heck is going on, I'm pretty certain he will be the type to make a refugee camp. And honestly, I want to say Devin since he's pretty close to the Kuro clan, but even he doesn't know based by his expression in the manga.

Do you loot before running to safety? Who wouldn't? emotion_awesome Nah, just kidding. I would be too busy running for my safety than dealing with looting and rioting. However, if it's my stuff, I don't mind grabbing my most valuable heirlooms to take with me. >.>;

Do you use your abilities to tend the wounded or go back to help others? I'm going to admit that I'm more comfortable as an assassin/spy/rogue/swordswoman type than a healer. But considering I don't have an OC in Gaia, I don't know what abilities I have other than going back to either help others or rescue them.

How long do you think you have to wait before you receive help? I'm pretty certain I'm already out from danger and in the safety of my second home. My MAIN home on the other hand, I'm still waiting. emotion_donotwant That's right. I'm still waiting for you Nyx followers or Nyx to fix my dang house for months. D8<

Modern Mecha

Louie being a useless waste of undead flesh like usual, unsurprising.

Sam could fly people in on that shark plane she has, if she still has it.

But, nope. Uh uh. You're on your own, Durem. I'm not programmed to deal with mass murderer gods and s**t.

Time-traveling Bookworm

29,275 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
Glad to know I wasn't the only one who pondered how the blazes he was able to call for help. On to the questions!

If you are from another town:

✖How do you hear about Durem's plight? Well, if Aine's mom is anything like mine... gets a frantic phone call from mom asking if I'm okay, and to hunker down- DON'T GO ANYWHERE. After confusingly asking her what she's talking about, I find out about what's going on in Durem. Sighing, I remind her that I don't live in Durem and that no, I'm not in any serious danger. (my IRL mom has actually done this quite a few times)

✖What do you bring to help out Durem? Or do you ignore Ian's call? If dear ol' mom doesn't INSIST on coming to visit to make sure I'm alright, then I'll grab my trusty blades, put on my sleekest assassin outfit, and head out to join the fight however I can. If dear ol' mom IS making a trip, then I'll put out the word that I can take in a refugee family, stock up on food stuff and start cooking up a storm. lol

✖Which NPC leads your town to help out the survivors? I'm from Barton, so Ian's already there.

✖How do you travel to Durem? That's for me to know and for you to not... ninja *gets stared at until I crack* Okay, okay I get there by horse. I have a lovely dapple grey horse who's been with me since he was a colt... which reminds me, I need to check on him and give him his late night snack and change the channel to his fave tv program.

Indomitable Bro

maybe ian has... a rly big megaphone...

i imagine word would travel fast to aekea, and you could probably hear/see signs of the destruction from any balcony. ro would probably be walking home from the seedy club she djs at and pause for a moment to take her earbuds out and gawk. maybe move on after a moment or two--gaians are no strangers to crazy/otherwordly shenanigans, after all. i imagine the mentality "this too shall pass" is a stubborn one in that kind of realm.

idk if ro would actually travel all the way to durem to help out--probably just offer her home/hospitality to anyone who needed a place to rest their heads, if they decided to head that far out. her diet is mostly bugs and caffeine, though... so human pals might wanna avoid raiding the fridge...

sam would definitely help out with repairs, and i imagine bildeau would be eager to aid anyone who needed comforting. ("would you like a hug? "do not be alarmed by my clawed hands, i am here to assist." "...would you like a hug?" )

Alien Sweetheart

Don't forget there's also the caves!

I like to believe the Barton is the town that brings food to people and comfort. I also believe more or less that Ian somehow has become the town leader, without him knowing it. I also feel like Logan brings in a lot of fish and what to help with food and supplies as well. Rina also brings in food!

So in my head Barton brings in the fooood!

I'm sure the rest of the world just looks at Durem and goes...again? Welp better get the supplies ready!

I figure how people get to Durem from Barton is to walk or horse and wagon. After all Nico's horse loves to stay there! Or we've trained our Animated well and we travel by big Animated LOL!

Demonic Lover

Short answer because I'm on my phone : I'd look like crazy for that emergency portal my family prepared in case of emergency x ox I'm supposed to have the magic circle ready to go but it kinda clashed with the vibe of my depa...

The whole Nyx thing is crazy and scary! daddy said to never mess up with someone or something he couldn't beat up, old gods are kind of beyond that lol

I don't know though, if I was at work or with friends the whole going away thing becomes even more complicated... I don't know where I'd go! and the gods know I can't do magic by memory.

Stubborn Gifter

Meushi

I'm sure the rest of the world just looks at Durem and goes...again? Welp better get the supplies ready!

No crud about it, Durem has the most damage compare to other town and it was due to events and mangaplot story. Gambino tower falling down on Durem. Bombing at the H&R Wesley shop. And other various holiday event (mostly Halloween) like that Human vs. Vampire battle. DX

I think Gambino came second due to the arson at Gambino mansion as well as having part of the Gambino tower falling on it. Dunno if Gombie invasion counts if it's started in Gambino's secret lab. But I'm not sure about it. Then you have Barton follow behind like that time Jack punched Santa into the Link building. But like I said, I don't know which town follows Durem: Gambino or Barton.

Aekea is the only town that has the least to no damage compare to the town. So yeah... Durem freaking needs life insurance for ANY kinda of damage. >.>;

Alien Sweetheart

Jisen Meizuki
Meushi

No crud about it, Durem has the most damage compare to other town and it was due to events and mangaplot story. Gambino tower falling down on Durem. Bombing at the H&R Wesley shop. And other various holiday event (mostly Halloween) like that Human vs. Vampire battle. DX

I think Gambino came second due to the arson at Gambino mansion as well as having part of the Gambino tower falling on it. Dunno if Gombie invasion counts if it's started in Gambino's secret lab. But I'm not sure about it. Then you have Barton follow behind like that time Jack punched Santa into the Link building. But like I said, I don't know which town follows Durem: Gambino or Barton.

Aekea is the only town that has the least to no damage compare to the town. So yeah... Durem freaking needs life insurance for ANY kinda of damage. >.>;

It's a good time for all towns really LOL However with Aekea, they had their fair share. It's just none of us were around for it. What with the Robot wars and all that.

Gambino also had the alien attacks LOL

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
I'm in a far far away place called Bunnyland, so I didn't hear about all this story yet.

I really need to catch back on the story... I think the last part I read was when Gaia gave Gambino the letter.

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
I've told my mates to move to Gambino for a while, but I'm hiding out in case they need help! I can't just stand by and watch Durem be torn apart by horrible people trying to rule or destoryt he world!!

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
lilloulou
I'm in a far far away place called Bunnyland, so I didn't hear about all this story yet.

I really need to catch back on the story... I think the last part I read was when Gaia gave Gambino the letter.

holy s**t your avatar is amazing, don't ever change it. emotion_kirakira

Stubborn Gifter

Meushi
It's a good time for all towns really LOL However with Aekea, they had their fair share. It's just none of us were around for it. What with the Robot wars and all that.

Perhaps, but I was talking about town that get damaged individually and not related to the town versus battle such as the Water battle. >.>;

As for Aekea, it is true that there's a robot war. However, we never get the chance to "experience" the robot war since this was "history" before Gaia time. So unless we can pull another time travel like the angels vs demons battle, we may have a chance to experience.

... Are you sure Gambino is the only town that has alien invasion? I don't recall Gambino being the only town invaded by Zurgs. I thought all towns got invaded by Zurgs. Then again, I didn't really hung out much about the Zurg event since I wasn't into sci-fi stuff. Last time I "participated" was trying to decipher the code the Zurg left and only came back to read the manga about Gambino and Mother decided to become marketing partners for their drinks. sweatdrop

Alien Sweetheart

Jisen Meizuki
Meushi

Perhaps, but I was talking about town that get damaged individually and not related to the town versus battle such as the Water battle. >.>;

As for Aekea, it is true that there's a robot war. However, we never get the chance to "experience" the robot war since this was "history" before Gaia time. So unless we can pull another time travel like the angels vs demons battle, we may have a chance to experience.

... Are you sure Gambino is the only town that has alien invasion? I don't recall Gambino being the only town invaded by Zurgs. I thought all towns got invaded by Zurgs. Then again, I didn't really hung out much about the Zurg event since I wasn't into sci-fi stuff. Last time I "participated" was trying to decipher the code the Zurg left and only came back to read the manga about Gambino and Mother decided to become marketing partners for their drinks. sweatdrop

Well Towns itself was invaded! But as for Manga plot wise it started all in Gambino. That's where they landed first. BUT! You do have a point, they did kind of go around introducing themselves all over the map. I can't recall right might so it might have been in Durem, but I was certain 2 was killed in Gambino for the one Christmas event.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Any refugees can stay with me on gambino isle!

My house is small, and full of diedrich clones, but it's cozy!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff