Welcome to Gaia! ::

18,875 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
So then... Back in the day when Aquariums were new, all but 2 fish could only be bought with Cash and Booty Grab was the best way to make gold on the site Gaia released a wonderful and plentiful array of backgrounds for the feature so that people could customize one more thing for their fish... And some of them are actually quite nice and I think would look fantastic as avatar backgrounds!

There are, of course, some that might be rather hard, or look downright silly, if made, but there are also some that would look perfect!

Such as:
Court
Coast
Dojo
China
Paper Wall
Sunset
Road Hill
Coral Cave
Pastel Coral
Mountain

And, I'm sure, quite a few others.

So my suggestion is to please make at least some of these lovely backgrounds usable not only for the Aquariums, but also for our avatars. And maybe some more RIG headers as well *coughFinaLinecough*

I understand that the staff have quite a few things on their plate right now with the Avatar Builder and all but, the art is mostly already here in this case, all that would be needed is to select a specific part of the background and resize it for the avatars but, then again, this might actually be a lot more difficult than I'm imagining it...

Regardless, this is pretty much my suggestion for more backgrounds.

Quotable Genius

I'm not a fan of backgrounds but even I think some of these look quite nice. It's an interesting idea :3

Plus they're already made so I don't see why it can't be done.
This is a solid idea. More backgrounds would be great, and since the art is essentially done already, this seems like a quick way to get a variety.

(They could even do the silly ones. I usually prefer realism, but sometimes I feel silly. And some people just love silly 24/7.)

pixolotl's Stud

Dominant Darling

16,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
Gray Jane was a riverchild.
Born down by the river wild.

I was actually thinking of this last night. A bit of tweaking and they could make awesome back ground for our avis. And the NPC backgrounds would make for a great poster item. emotion_kirakira

Gaia, I want THIS as a poster for my avi. DO IT PLEASE. emotion_dowant

Said, hey, what I wanna be.
Nobody's gonna intervene.

xX-Stacyx's Wife

Snarky Vermin

49,690 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Ooh, I like this idea. I've always wished that mountain background was for avatars instead of fish tanks.

18,875 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
I'm happy to see that others like this idea as well!

Hopefully Gaia will actually think about this, though I doubt the artists look at this forum often ^^;.

MRLucas Lee's Princess

Cosmic Animal

I think this is a great idea and would love to see it happen heart

Winter ChiIIs's Spouse

Lupine Wolf

11,425 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
Great idea biggrin Hopefully not for cash though. xp

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
That would be great, more than a few people have suggested this fantastic idea since they came out. Those are some really nice backgrounds, and I'm always a fan of those. 3nodding

Unbeatable Protagonist

15,950 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I would kill for those backgrounds to be available for our avies! (for GOLD and not cash)

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

There is a zOMG background for aquariums that I would kill for to have for my background. The Great Stone Coatl chamber background. I spent so much time bumming around in the Coatl chamber because I loved that big stone dummy so I would love to have more stuffs to do with it. The background and a plushie would be amazing. emotion_kirakira

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Citizen

Converting the aquarium backgrounds into backgrounds for avatars would make me ecstatic! I really like the mountain background and it would be really really great to have a court entrance background. heart

18,875 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Cameron Calhoun
Great idea biggrin Hopefully not for cash though. xp

They could add them to GoFusion or Alchemy, personally I'd prefer GoFusion since it's more accessible and doesn't eat up items.

Bonaduece's Wife

Wicked Wildcat

They would be a great addition to GoFusion!
Love the Idea!
I would like to see that in Gold Shops or GoFusion.
I always loved the Sunset One.
heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas