Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you ever played a game that was considered bad by almost everyone but for what ever reason you could not put it down? That has happened to me a couple of times. I got a game no one really likes but I played the heck out of it and had fun. One of them was for the GameCube called Lost Kingdom. I played the heck out of that game and got all the cards. Another was Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning I even went and got the DLC for it.

So what games do you love to play but it seems no one else does?

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
Shadow the Hedgehog... Everyone seems to hate it but I love it... So much that I beat it 5 times in a row so far (5/10 different endings)... I really love the gameplay... Reminds me of Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus, another game most ppl don't really like yet I enjoyed... I guess I kinda like 3rd person story-based shooters combined with melee combat and RPG/Adventure elements... We need more of those, although most ppl will probably disagree on this... cat_redface
YunaSama
Shadow the Hedgehog... Everyone seems to hate it but I love it... So much that I beat it 5 times in a row so far (5/10 different endings)... I really love the gameplay... Reminds me of Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus, another game most ppl don't really like yet I enjoyed... I guess I kinda like 3rd person story-based shooters combined with melee combat and RPG/Adventure elements... We need more of those, although most ppl will probably disagree on this... cat_redface

I always felt like Shadow got a lot of hatred for no good reason. I loved that game too, over the years I must have finished it a good 40+ times overall, always making sure I played through plenty to get the final ending! Then again, I love every Sonic game, so that's not saying much I suppose.

On topic, I could probably list countless I love that other people seem to hate: more modern Sonic games, Kick-a** on PS3, Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know...uh...I think, think Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was subject to quite a bit of hate at some point too for some reason, and that was like, the coolest game I've ever played.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Vee Riven Tsudu
YunaSama

I always felt like Shadow got a lot of hatred for no good reason. I loved that game too, over the years I must have finished it a good 40+ times overall, always making sure I played through plenty to get the final ending! Then again, I love every Sonic game, so that's not saying much I suppose.

I guess a lot of Sonic fanboys being disappointed with Shadow being the main guy for once... I couldn't find much wrong with it... It's even more under rated then Sonic Heroes, which is one hell of a glitchy bottomless pit to begin with... cat_surprised
Besides, Shadow's "not you again" line towards Sonic must've bin the best thing that ever happened in Sonic history imo... It was like the game was reading my mind... cat_rofl
I pretty much like every Sonic theme with a more serious setting (or basically the ones where almost every character is in one way or another)... The only one of those I haven't played being 06 because I keep hearing everywhere that the glitches are so ridiculous it makes the game unplayable... I really can't get myself to like the new Sonic Boom redesigns though... But that doesn't mean deserves all the hate it get's now... It was targeted towards young children after all... cat_sweatdrop
YunaSama
I guess a lot of Sonic fanboys being disappointed with Shadow being the main guy for once... I couldn't find much wrong with it... It's even more under rated then Sonic Heroes, which is one hell of a glitchy bottomless pit to begin with... cat_surprised
Besides, Shadow's "not you again" line towards Sonic must've bin the best thing that ever happened in Sonic history imo... It was like the game was reading my mind... cat_rofl
I pretty much like every Sonic theme with a more serious setting (or basically the ones where almost every character is in one way or another)... The only one of those I haven't played being 06 because I keep hearing everywhere that the glitches are so ridiculous it makes the game unplayable... I really can't get myself to like the new Sonic Boom redesigns though... But that doesn't mean deserves all the hate it get's now... It was targeted towards young children after all... cat_sweatdrop

Eh, at the risk of sounding like a teenage emo, Shadow's cool, I don't see the problem with him having a little time in the limelight. There were plenty of very er....'memorable' lines in there too, like that DAMN fourth chaos emerald and Vector's yelling about the computer room. Sonic '06 CAN be glitchy, but I still found it playable, most videos online are people purposefully trying to glitch it for humour's sake. It was cool, for me at least, especially playing with Silver's telekinesis and finally getting to play a Blaze in 3D. I agree the Boom designs are a little nuts, especially Knuckles converting 90% of his brain power into muscle mass. Apparently tough guys have to be dumb these days! sad It's fun all the same though. If you like the Sonic storylines a little darker and/or with more characters, I'd highly recommend some of the storylines from later in the Archie comic series if you can get hold of the comics/enjoy that kinda thing too.

Also, to op, apologies for the little post hijack here, I can't help myself rambling about Sonic given the opportunity xd

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Vee Riven Tsudu
YunaSama

Eh, at the risk of sounding like a teenage emo, Shadow's cool, I don't see the problem with him having a little time in the limelight. There were plenty of very er....'memorable' lines in there too, like that DAMN fourth chaos emerald and Vector's yelling about the computer room. Sonic '06 CAN be glitchy, but I still found it playable, most videos online are people purposefully trying to glitch it for humour's sake. It was cool, for me at least, especially playing with Silver's telekinesis and finally getting to play a Blaze in 3D. I agree the Boom designs are a little nuts, especially Knuckles converting 90% of his brain power into muscle mass. Apparently tough guys have to be dumb these days! sad It's fun all the same though. If you like the Sonic storylines a little darker and/or with more characters, I'd highly recommend some of the storylines from later in the Archie comic series if you can get hold of the comics/enjoy that kinda thing too.

Also, to op, apologies for the little post hijack here, I can't help myself rambling about Sonic given the opportunity xd

Meh, we'll both sound like teenage emo's then... cat_razz
And thanks for telling me... Guess I might see if I can find Sonic 06 for cheap after all then... cat_smile
Knuckles is the one thing I really can't forgive about Boom... They took a cool naive power character and made him into a dumb steroid-using idiot...
I'm not sure where to get those comics in my country... I guess I could try to see if I can read them somewhere online... I watched Sonic X when I was younger though... I remember liking it back then...

And np... It's still gaming discussion... In fact, it's more gaming discussion then we had in weeks here in the VGD anyway... I'm sure the OP doesn't mind either... I also can't really stop rambling about games I like I guess... cat_sweatdrop
YunaSama
Meh, we'll both sound like teenage emo's then... cat_razz
And thanks for telling me... Guess I might see if I can find Sonic 06 for cheap after all then... cat_smile
Knuckles is the one thing I really can't forgive about Boom... They took a cool naive power character and made him into a dumb steroid-using idiot...
I'm not sure where to get those comics in my country... I guess I could try to see if I can read them somewhere online... I watched Sonic X when I was younger though... I remember liking it back then...

And np... It's still gaming discussion... In fact, it's more gaming discussion then we had in weeks here in the VGD anyway... I'm sure the OP doesn't mind either... I also can't really stop rambling about games I like I guess... cat_sweatdrop

Lol, guess we both do! I would recommend giving Sonic 06 a chance, definitely, I at least enjoyed it a lot! It was ridiculous what they did to Knuckles, definitely. As for the comics, I'm sure I found a place online a while ago that was some guy's own server hosting his stuff, those comics included. I'll see if I can find it again and drop you a PM with the link if I can! Yeah, Sonic was good too definitely. It does seem like there's not an awful lot of conversation going in the forums lately I suppose, so perhaps op won't mind I suppose! lol
Deadly Premonition

It also happens to be one of my favorite games. The protagonist of the game Agent Francis York Morgan is also one of the most interesting video game protagonists I've ever seen.

Deadly Premonition is reminiscent of Resident Evil 4 shooting mechanics. Not to mention a surreal open-world survival horror/psychological horror game that's an homage to Twin Peaks.

I'd put it more into the "unique and underrated cult-classic" category than I would the "so bad... it's good" category, though. I'm also a fan of Deadly Premonition's soundtrack.

One of my favorite scenes from the game.

Dedicated Loiterer

YunaSama

Same?? I played Shadow a lot when I was younger and every time I talk to people about it they make sure to mention how bad it is.

Team Diedrich

FFX-2 gets a lot of flack, but I remember enjoying it. The story was pretty..well, something...but the game play was fun. Loved the battle system and the dress spheres/job change mechanic.

Akaru Renuji

Deadly Premonition is a work of art. emotion_kirakira Have you've played D4 yet? I really hope they get to finish that.
Blades of time...

Shameless Sex Symbol

16,340 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Harvest moon maybe? lol... It's very niche to say the least.
EARTH DEFENCE FORCE 2017

/thread
Zana Bonanza
Deadly Premonition is a work of art. emotion_kirakira Have you've played D4 yet? I really hope they get to finish that.

Not yet. I'm waiting for the Xbox ONE to get a lot more games that personally intrigue me before I think about getting one.

I've heard that D4 is also coming to PC, but I doubt my PC is strong enough to play it. I hope they're able to finish it as well.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
According to online game reviewers, Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly was bad, but it's one of my favorite video games of all time. It was the first game I actually beat to 100% completion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff