Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Ladykiller

Hey all,

Im going to be using this thread in order to keep track of my fitness progress as well as hold myself accountable.

Starting out:
154lbs (morning), 157lbs (night)
34-29-43 (chest, waist, hip, in inches)

Current: 149.4bs (morning) 150.8lbs (night)

My short term goal: 145lbs GOT IT Getting back to it...
My next goal: 140lbs
My measurement goal: 33-27-41

I plan on uploading a photo as well as a update on my weight every Monday. whenever I feel like Ive made progress

Through college I capped out at 145lbs. I was engaged and LOVED fitness. I was power lifting with my fiancee (deadlifting 195lbs, never beat 200 sad ). Before the wedding I got down to 135lbs and felt great about it by eating 1200cal a day and doing cardio 4 days a week, weight lifting 3 days a week.

Then about a month before the wedding.. we broke up. OOPS. In sadness I reached out to my friends and of course "let me buy you a beer" or "lets go out to dinner" were my responses. I LOVE food and I LOVE drinking (duh) and I got back up to 145. I also got a pretty painful foot injury in January so I cant run anymore. Then I started a desk job. I no longer had access to a gym, I wasnt walking 3-4 miles a day like in college. And here i am at 154lbs.

its been almost a year, and Im ready to get back on track. Its not like I dont workout, but its not like its my routine either. AS OF NOW my plan is to try and be active for a minimum of 20 min a day after work, hopefully upwards of 30-45. I plan on jumping around between strict cardio, long walks, kayaking, weight lifting (my new apartment has a gym!) and yoga, with my greatest emphasis on cardio. For example, I did 2 cardio/HIIT workout videos this weekend, and today I took a 25 min walk and 10 minutes of gentle yoga stretches. Im on a fairly high-protein diet (Doctors orders) and plan on eating 1200-1400cal a day.

Lately Ive been hitting the weight room. My foot started feeling better so I got up to jogging a full mile... and then my knee started acting up. Ah well! Emphasis on eating healthier and getting muscle, I suppose.

I dont expect to see results in the first two weeks, and its easy to get discouraged, so I was hoping you guys could help keep me motivated! Lets get this chubby butt back in shape. Also feel free to share your workout plans and any tips! Ive got my diet covered, but Im always looking for new ideas for workouts.

Dapper Ladykiller

Day 1 (really day 3.. but who's counting)
Photo1 Photo2

Week 1
Photo 1Photo 2

Week 2
Photo 1Photo 2

Week 3
Photo 1 Photo 2

Week 4
Photo1Photo2

Week 5
Photo1Photo2

Week 9
Photo1Photo2

Current:
User Image
User Image

Interesting Gawker

9,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Good luck!! heart

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
Good luck! I keep going from 155 to 152 then back up again... staying motivated is extremely difficult. >.>
Good luck! Getting out of fitness and then going back into a routine of doing it is always difficult. I'll admit, when I saw your measurements I thought you did something wrong, but then I saw your pictures and then it made more sense. xd Gotta hit that 200 pound deadlift though!

Dapper Ladykiller

Obfuscated_disillusion
Good luck!! heart

Thank you! ^^ Going to try kickboxing tonight.. eek!

Dapper Ladykiller

Leira Remlyn
Good luck! I keep going from 155 to 152 then back up again... staying motivated is extremely difficult. >.>

it is!! Im hoping that if I make this public it will be more manageable!

Dapper Ladykiller

DemonChibiCloud
Good luck! Getting out of fitness and then going back into a routine of doing it is always difficult. I'll admit, when I saw your measurements I thought you did something wrong, but then I saw your pictures and then it made more sense. xd Gotta hit that 200 pound deadlift though!

LOL yeah I maintain about a 14 inch difference between my waist and hip no matter what. My god-given gift I guess.

Powerlifting was something I did with my ex.. its just not as fun anymore yknow?

Dapper Ladykiller

Yesterday I did my first kickboxing workout- so much fun! I found myself grunting and yelling even though I was working out by myself xD. I feel like I strained one of my ankles though so I'll try to balance out with something low-impact today. My lats feel fluttery and tight smile

Today work gave us free breakfast and lunch. I said no to all the bagels and danishes (wahh) but ate a ton of taco fillings. Tried sticking mainly to chicken and beans.. still ate more than I needed though.

If anyone wants to add me on myfitnesspal my ID is zuskadieck smile
Zuska Darling
DemonChibiCloud

LOL yeah I maintain about a 14 inch difference between my waist and hip no matter what. My god-given gift I guess.

Powerlifting was something I did with my ex.. its just not as fun anymore yknow?

I'd say so! Lucky you.

I'm biased towards lifting since I feel like it's all encompassing and you can achieve a lot of different goals with it. It's definitely multi-faceted but if it's not your thing anymore I guess I can't really say too much.

Dapper Ladykiller

DemonChibiCloud
Zuska Darling
DemonChibiCloud

I'd say so! Lucky you.

I'm biased towards lifting since I feel like it's all encompassing and you can achieve a lot of different goals with it. It's definitely multi-faceted but if it's not your thing anymore I guess I can't really say too much.

Oh I still lift, just higher rep and lighter weight. Its closer to what I did in my weight training classes in college vs what I did to train for competition. Plus, Im just lifting at my apartment gym. A full set of dumb bells, but no barbells to play with sad

Dapper Ladykiller

Yesterday I had my first beer of the week. And then the second and third wink Trying to not let it set me back, Im going to use those extra calories to fuel my workout today. Tuesday was kickboxing, Wednesday was low-impact cardio, I think today I ought to focus on lowerbody
Zuska Darling
DemonChibiCloud
Zuska Darling
DemonChibiCloud

I'd say so! Lucky you.

Oh I still lift, just higher rep and lighter weight. Its closer to what I did in my weight training classes in college vs what I did to train for competition. Plus, Im just lifting at my apartment gym. A full set of dumb bells, but no barbells to play with sad

That sucks sad I couldn't live without barbells. I'd lose my mind with only dumbbells lol. I'm starting to do more volume in my training as well after doing 5 reps or less for so long so I'm curious to see what will happen.

Dapper Ladykiller

DemonChibiCloud
Zuska Darling
DemonChibiCloud
Zuska Darling
DemonChibiCloud

I'd say so! Lucky you.

That sucks sad I couldn't live without barbells. I'd lose my mind with only dumbbells lol. I'm starting to do more volume in my training as well after doing 5 reps or less for so long so I'm curious to see what will happen.

Good luck/have fun! I miss having barbells, but not $45/month miss having barbells wink

Dapper Ladykiller

I went to visit my parents this weekend. Normally, seeing my parents is AWFUL for my health. Like typical parents they want to feed me, dad wants to drink with me, its a reason to go get dinner, etc. I said a lot of NO while I was there, and even pulled a workout out in their den. I have a feeling I wont be so lucky every time I go see them, but Ill take what I can get.

Nervous about my first weigh-in tomorrow! I know I cant expect weight loss right away- especially if Im simultaneously trying to gain muscle, but I also know Ill be discouraged if Im the same.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff