Welcome to Gaia! ::

12,925 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
A man in Connecticut reportedly called 911 from outside his house to report that his "aggressive" cat attacked him in his home.

"I have a problem in my home. I cannot go inside in my home," the man is heard telling the dispatcher in a recording of the 911 call. "The problem is my cat was getting too aggressive. And she attacked and scratched me in my leg and bit me. So me and my wife would come outside and now we cannot go inside for like three or four hours."

The man, identified by The Associated Press as Mohammed Lokman, reportedly called Stamford police around 1:30 a.m. Thursday from his Audi car in a parking lot, he said. Lokman could not be reached for comment by ABC News.

The Stamford Police Department did not respond to a request for comment.

The homeowner said the cat may have been aggressive because it had a kitten the previous night.

"So you want the police to come and remove the cat?" the dispatcher asks, and the caller answers, "Yeah."

"I came to the door and it was screaming a noise and it was coming at me in attack mode," the caller said.

The man and his wife returned to the home after the 911 call, according to the AP. Police advised them to stay away from the cat the rest of the night.

Link

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
In all fairness, cats can ******** you up.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
He called the emergency line for that? stare

Roasai's Fangirl

Colorful Cottontail

19,000 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

Love can accomplish many a great thing

Was it by any chance called Lux?

Opal's Firestarter~

If cultivated by the two that share it.

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
JamesWN

It makes sense that he did, honestly. The cat scratched and bit him.
Sounds like something animal control would probably handle.

What I wanna know is if he got medical attention for what the cat did to him. Even a tiny predator can ******** you up pretty badly.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
And what exactly did they do to aggravate a cat that supposedly just had a kitten and where was the kitten?

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Person of Interest 200
It seems kinda silly, lol but I understand.

Familiar Raccoon

12,200 Points
  • Super Fan 250
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Evolution Debut 250
Awesome McGee
JamesWN

What I wanna know is if he got medical attention for what the cat did to him. Even a tiny predator can ******** you up pretty badly.

But it's not really an emergency. It's not life or death, or something that needs to be dealt with right that moment, which is what the emergency line is for. Animal control must have a non-emergency line.

12,925 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
Malee
And what exactly did they do to aggravate a cat that supposedly just had a kitten and where was the kitten?
They can get every touchy. New smells and Sounds during this stressful time can make them nuts. Also if this was her first litter than she probably doesn't know if they'll leave her kittens alone or not.

Kawaii Shoujo

emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Blood Valkyrie
In all fairness, cats can ******** you up.

Only if you let them or are immobile or something.
Maybe one of those Maine Coon cats but they are sort of their own category.

But for real, I've had feral cats lay into me and a firm grip around their neck subdued them pretty quickly. And would have been quicker if I was trying to kill it / them but since I was only moving them to a cage and didn't really want to hurt them I did not put them out of my misery.

Yes, my arm got scratched and other time bit.
Yes that was annoying.
But not the kind of annoying that would have me stand in my yard for four hours and then call the cops to come rescue me. The cat would be the one waiting outside until she figured out who owned the house. If that didn't work, darker things would happen.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Imogene_Agape_Weasley
Malee
They can get every touchy. New smells and Sounds during this stressful time can make them nuts. Also if this was her first litter than she probably doesn't know if they'll leave her kittens alone or not.

I have three cats myself, I'm well aware of how cats can react to stress. Something has to trigger that reaction most people won't fess up to it though.

Ice-Cold Wolf

Fluffy Fatcat

11,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Heckler 50
Awesome McGee
JamesWN

If a cat tried to kill me in my own home, I would've called 911 too.....not just because the animal is vicious, but what if it had rabies or something?

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
fluffythingie
Awesome McGee
JamesWN

If a cat tried to kill me in my own home, I would've called 911 too.....not just because the animal is vicious, but what if it had rabies or something?

It was his own cat. Mostly likely he had a pretty good idea it didn't have rabies.
And a cop is not the person to tell you. Cat would have to be taken to a vet to check for - rabies pretty much anything else you want to check for.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff