Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magically Clueless

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I own real life Omnomnom and ORLY? hats and still wear them from time to time. They're very cute and comfortable!

I'd love them to revive the shop again someday but that might be too much of a hassle. They're working on a ton of other stuff. :c maybe someday.

that would be amazing for the shop to reopen. Mostly I want to make myself some items because I love them and I thought maybe other people would be interested in the idea!
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
We actually used to have official real life Gaia items, including hugeass Kiki and CoCo plushes, AFK/OMG hats, minis, so forth. But eventually, Gaia ditched the store, I believe because the third party distributor they were going through to make and sell the items started giving them the runaround. Something like that.

that's interesting, I have heard rumors of the store. this would maybe be a commission where I would make any item (if at all possible there are physical limits haha)
sort of just a challenge for myself and an idea to throw out there.
ScarletteRyder
Yeah, some of the items would be cute as actual clothes.
But hell if they're getting any more money from me. rolleyes

exactly! they're adorable! well, it isn't really a "them" it's just if you really wanted an item I would be able to make it and then we'd figure prices out on some other website. it could be really cheap depending on what you want. but I totally know where you're coming from haha it's just an online game sweatdrop
Kain-Senpai
squawktopus
armadillodreamer
Hell yes. Since I joined Gaia, not a winter has gone by that I haven't wished for a scarf as large, thick, and fluffy as the Angelic Scarf.

COOL! I could totally make one of those if you want.

Before you do, 2 things: 1)Wrong subforum. You want to ask a mod to move this to the appropriate area. 2)Check to make sure irl commissions are OK by Gaia's Rules. If not, look at sites like Etsy (an example). Don't want to get into trouble.

As for the discussion aspects of the thread: I would like it if Gaia had their irl store. I purchased a few things from there. I think there is a store some of the artists put together via Etsy (I think this is the store).

ok
sessigirl
I still have my IRL kiki plush emotion_dowant

nice!
Chaos_Bunny
Hell yeah!! So much so that I'm insanely tempted to cosplay Ciel (original agape version).

For everyday type clothes I'd love all those kitty items XD Heck I already have the stockings from Nekola.

those items would be so fun to make!
also to wear and to have...

Feral Diedrich

I miss when they had the Gaia Store. You could buy actual items and whatnot. Idk what happened to it, honestly.......

I've been dying to have an actual Kiki kitty plush, and a Gwee, too(I know they did make some, I should scour the interwebs to see if I can find any xd )

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
squawktopus
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
We actually used to have official real life Gaia items, including hugeass Kiki and CoCo plushes, AFK/OMG hats, minis, so forth. But eventually, Gaia ditched the store, I believe because the third party distributor they were going through to make and sell the items started giving them the runaround. Something like that.

that's interesting, I have heard rumors of the store. this would maybe be a commission where I would make any item (if at all possible there are physical limits haha)
sort of just a challenge for myself and an idea to throw out there.

Yep, it was very much a real thing. I own a shitton of items from it, including several shirts, sticker sheets, an OMG hat, and ORLY? hat, and an OMG Monster plush (and my mom, who was also Gaian at the time, owns several other shirts, other sticker sets, the NM+Angelic minis hair clips, and an Ian phone charm).

Like others have said, however, you should be careful with this. It's one thing to make things like this for yourself, but Gaia might not appreciate you trying to make money from their IP.
omg yes some items would be so kawaii irl

Trash Vampire

I used to own an irl AFK, OMG, and a grunny and coco plushie from Gaia's old merch shop. All have since been lost in a few moves, but nothing makes me sadder than losing that AFK. It was so cute and warm ;u;

Hellraiser

Who wouldn't want real firebreathing dragon~?

kuma's Problem

Generous Bunny

I have my cute watermeat plushie, and team gambino shirt from that summer event with the water balloons :3

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
Gaia did have it's own RL store ages ago, I don't know what happened to it but alot of people loved it, I thought that it was a cool idea but alas they had to close it! T3T
Maybe one day it might come back but who knows!

I do think that's it's a great idea that you make something for yourself but if you want people to commission you to make some of the stuff on Gaia I think it would be wise to gain Gaia's permission first and foremost as it's their Intellectual property you are using at the end of the day and they may not take kindly if you went and used it without their permission ><
{They had a slight hoo ha with the owner of Tektek doing this}

Anxious Cat

17,125 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

Bandis77's Partner

Grim Reaper

55,100 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Reaper of Souls 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
Nicki Weston90
Gaia did have it's own RL store ages ago, I don't know what happened to it but alot of people loved it, I thought that it was a cool idea but alas they had to close it! T3T
Maybe one day it might come back but who knows!

I do think that's it's a great idea that you make something for yourself but if you want people to commission you to make some of the stuff on Gaia I think it would be wise to gain Gaia's permission first and foremost as it's their Intellectual property you are using at the end of the day and they may not take kindly if you went and used it without their permission ><
{They had a slight hoo ha with the owner of Tektek doing this}

The company they were working with was stealing the profits or something from them when they did make a sale so they closed that shop.

About selling clothes on gaia, theres a few reasons why this is a bad idea.
1. Copyright, all those designs belong to gaia, you start cashing in on it and I won't be surprised if Gaia gets upset about it.

2. You can't do trades involving non gaia currency on gaia. Like for example you wanted to sell art for real money, you can't do that here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff