Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Gaian

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I had been gone from Gaia for a few years and just came back recently. And I couldn't find zOMG It has been said its under maintenance but it had been days I still couldn't open it. What happened?

Newbie Businessman

13,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Its under "indefinite maintenance" which means, its never coming back. Unless we get a new gaia CEO, that is

Angx0x0's Boyfriend

Greedy Entrepreneur

9,225 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
It is so sad. A hacker tried to hack personal stuff so they tried to fix it, but couldn't so they closed it I think.

Interesting Gaian

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Burew
Its under "indefinite maintenance" which means, its never coming back. Unless we get a new gaia CEO, that is

that's just sad sad zOMG was the game i used to play everyday when i got home ><

Interesting Gaian

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
ii_Drago_ii
It is so sad. A hacker tried to hack personal stuff so they tried to fix it, but couldn't so they closed it I think.

screw that hacker scream scream scream I actually came back because of the game to be honest ><

Tipsy Cardholder

_Fallen_Charlotte_Wish_
ii_Drago_ii

screw that hacker scream scream scream I actually came back because of the game to be honest ><

No one actually hacked it, it because there was sevurity exploit that was possible, no one has pulled off the exploit, but they decided it wasn't worth the risk so they shut it down.

3,700 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
aww my favorite part of gaia.. crying

Gigamon 002's Queen

Noble Gatekeeper

Niggiman
_Fallen_Charlotte_Wish_
ii_Drago_ii

No one actually hacked it, it because there was sevurity exploit that was possible, no one has pulled off the exploit, but they decided it wasn't worth the risk so they shut it down.

I think it was tinkered at and part of it leaked out, but not the further important info regarding user data. Remember the 11.0 CL + rings that had been floating around before DMS was even operating that many users had, minus the one's who didn't, because of a "glitch"? And when it was discovered, certain rings like Integrity and the other I can't think of (mostly because I was granted Integrity ring), was granted to those who took advantage of the glitch. I think the glitch was just the tip of the knife that slow-wounded zOMG.

Plus, a code that dense would be insane to search through to try and find a glitch that affected the line as a whole. It was basically, from my standpoint theory, fix one line, another breaks. Or in the case of HTML (using the term of which if things mess up), mess up 1 sequence by even a letter, the whole thing is screwed all to Hades and trying to search through it all would be nerve-racking.

Unless they hire back the zOMG team, of whom knows the code for it, its gonna stay in perma-limbo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff