Welcome to Gaia! ::

With the things going on with gaming right now and what's to come, would your hobby with it change in some way?

I usually play console games, but seeing the way PS4 and XBONE are now, I'll stick with previous generations of games. As the newer games come out, I'm probably switching to handheld gaming while playing on PC too. I already play Vita games on PSTV, so that's a start. I miss games where they were simpler and cost effective with tech. Even more so when I could just insert and play instead of insert, update, wait for install, then play. I'd rather not have each game with a mandatory install. If anything, I might just go retro.

Dangerous Poster

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Insert update wait for install sounds a lot like PC gaming.....
Where do I see myself and gaming in the coming years? Most likely still gaming. lol

I still haven't upgraded to current-gen consoles, though. I'm waiting until they make actual new and interesting games instead of re-releasing what was just recently released last year, but ported/remastered over to the PS4/Xbox ONE. The Wii U holds my interest more than the PS4 and Xbox ONE do so far. Besides, games like Persona 5 and Star Ocean 5 are still coming to the PS3 so I really don't see a reason to upgrade yet.

By the way, you're going to be seeing a lot more of "mandatory installs", since current-gen consoles (PS4 and Xbox ONE) are using Blu-Ray discs, which spin at a slower rate than a normal DVD disc would. Hence the reason why they need to mandatorily install the required data to the system to work. You could always just skip getting a physical copy of the game and download/install it digitally, but not that much really changes.

Universal Champion

14,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Still working on beating Steam games that I got years earlier. sweatdrop
I'll be dead and so will gaming.
I'll be getting some significant raises in the next six months and hopefully a roommate to help pay the rent. Together that might buy me a PS4 so I can be in the loop and play games like Persona 5, FFXV, and KH3.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Hopefully games stop going the way they're going, by which I mean they stop being s**t and devs focus less on GOOD GRAFFIX and more on GOOD STOREEZ AND GAYMEPLAAAY.

We reached photo realistic graphics last gen. We don't need more development on ******** graphics.

Questionable Phantom

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Errant Words
I'll be dead and so will gaming.

Why will you be dead?
I see myself even more grumpy at the state of everything migrating to mobile games crying

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
I don't expect things to change much in just few short years. But in like a decade, I don't know what to expect and that's what keeps me excited about the medium. If I had known 10 years ago how great games will get, I probably would've studied science and build a time machine to get here faster.
Freely-Tomorrow
Why will you be dead?

It's a secret.

FXMLDR's Wife

Hopeless Sweetheart

Hopefully I will be making my own games , I'm learning how to make my own without RPG maker and I have an idea for a game that i've been working on for the past few years
Bad News Blaze
Insert update wait for install sounds a lot like PC gaming.....

Yup. That's why getting the newer consoles is pretty redundant, and feels unnecessary for when I collect physical games.
JadeKorade
I see myself even more grumpy at the state of everything migrating to mobile games crying

Then fight it! Vote with your wallet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces