Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Phantom

Personally, I am. Before you state that I might be unsure of my sexuality, I am gay. I like boys. Other boys. Only. Who are gay. Because I AM A GAY MALE.
I'm looking for a roommate so I signed up for a roommate finding service. I got TWO messages from STRAIGH GIRLS! Oh, the horror. They seemed like nice people but I just prefer living with lesbians because they're the only people who guarantee that neither party will develop romantic feelings since it is inevitable that I as a gay man will want to ******** a straight guy if I live with him, and all lesbians want to ******** straight girls no matter what! I mean I wouldn't want to be friends with a straight. The idea is just weird. There is a possibility that they would like me just because I'm a male, and it would be way awkward and ruin the friendship.

My question is, is it normal to shun all people whose sexuality includes people of your gender on the basis that is makes you uncomfortable because they totally obviously like everyone of your gender automatically?

Note: No hate please. I'm not hating on heterosexuals. I'm just stating that I don't feel comfortable around straight girls. Also I'm not heterophobicâ„¢ because I'm not afraid/hate straights! rolleyes

@managirl555

(Disclaimer: I'm totally not serious, I'm just trying to call out the aforementioned user for saying the same s**t in reverse in a different thread redface
I'm not really sure what you're worried about here. Are you worried about infidelity, that your partner or your roommate's partner will become intimate? Or that your roommate will develop feelings for you, or you for their partner? These things can all be dealt with by being open and communicative with whoever becomes your roommate (as well as communicating with your partner).

Any potential roommate you have who is straight will not necessarily "totally obviously like everyone of [your] gender automatically." Give them some credit. I'm sure you don't develop crushes on every gay male you see; some are going to be great people, others you won't like so much. And with the "all lesbians want to ******** straight girls no matter what" bit... seriously. These statements are damaging and inaccurate, and get in the way of you potentially having a great friend in this "straight" roommate.

I'm curious, what is the roommate finding service you signed up for? I've never heard of them, sounds interesting.
My goodness, my suspicions were true! Troll? razz I just saw the "Uncomfortable around non-heterosexuals" thread. Hoo boy.

Bashful Phantom

Tirpse
My goodness, my suspicions were true! Troll? razz I just saw the "Uncomfortable around non-heterosexuals" thread. Hoo boy.

I just took it upon myself to role reverse this thread some other used had posted. Got too annoyed dealing with her there, came over here. lol
I enjoy your avatar.

Garbage

The girl can't cope with having friends who have feelings for her. Sharing a living space with people who have feelings for her would be even worse. And I'm-a go ahead and call bullshit on everyone in that thread who said non-heteros "know better" than to develop feelings for straight folk.

Yes, she's got an unfortunate mindset, and she even stated that she wished she were more open-minded, but "I know I'm wrong" doesn't mean "I'm gonna do something I'm not comfortable with, don't have to do, and could easily resulting in angering/offending the people I live with" is even close to a good idea. It's not. Not at all.

She needs more exposure to queer folk, yeah, but in her home against her will isn't the way to do it.

Newbie Noob

cloudbustinq
Personally, I am. Before you state that I might be unsure of my sexuality, I am gay. I like boys. Other boys. Only. Who are gay. Because I AM A GAY MALE.
I'm looking for a roommate so I signed up for a roommate finding service. I got TWO messages from STRAIGH GIRLS! Oh, the horror. They seemed like nice people but I just prefer living with lesbians because they're the only people who guarantee that neither party will develop romantic feelings since it is inevitable that I as a gay man will want to ******** a straight guy if I live with him, and all lesbians want to ******** straight girls no matter what! I mean I wouldn't want to be friends with a straight. The idea is just weird. There is a possibility that they would like me just because I'm a male, and it would be way awkward and ruin the friendship.

My question is, is it normal to shun all people whose sexuality includes people of your gender on the basis that is makes you uncomfortable because they totally obviously like everyone of your gender automatically?

Not sure, that's not a question I care to answer. Though if I hated fags, staying away from them would be rather easy considering how little they make up the actual population. Not sure how well you will fare as a f** who dislikes straight people in a world filled with mostly straight people. . . So, I guess, you can do it if you are straight since the handicap is almost nonexistent.

Though that doesn't have anything to do with being "normal", I don't know enough about what practices are common among the gay folk to answer this.

Bashful Phantom

Cassidy Peterson
The girl can't cope with having friends who have feelings for her. Sharing a living space with people who have feelings for her would be even worse. And I'm- gonna go ahead and call bullshit on everyone in that thread who said non-heteros "know better" than to develop feelings for straight folk.

Yes, she's got an unfortunate mindset, and she even stated that she wished she were more open-minded, but "I know I'm wrong" doesn't mean "I'm gonna do something I'm not comfortable with, don't have to do, and could easily resulting in angering/offending the people I live with" is even close to a good idea. It's not. Not at all.

She needs more exposure to queer folk, yeah, but in her home against her will isn't the way to do it.

Honestly I still think being so melodramatic as to literally stop being friends with a person as soon as they say they could be attracted to you is shitty anyways, but I admit I'm biased given that i told my best friend in middle school that I had a crush on her and she was like "meh, not gonna happen but let's be friends anyways", and my now-fiance was my best friend for three years while knowing that I had a crush on him, and before admitting that he reciprocated my feelings. High expectations maybe? Then again, I think people can still have healthy friendships even in spite of one developing romantic attraction to the other, if they're both mature enough for it. Which she clearly really isn't.

No, my problem was her repeat confirmation that she had some idea in her head that all non-het women would be crushing on her and that "being friends with 'one' would be weird". Like, homegirl thinks the very IDEA of being anywhere NEAR a non-het person is uncomfortable, and won't admit that its homophobic. I mean, if shed even just own up to it and maybe say she'll try to work on it, I'd be like "hey good job, first step toward fixing a problem is admitting you have one!" And leave her alone. But she won't even do that, she just keeps going 'I'm not a homophobe, I don't hate/fear gays wink ' and ignoring eeveryone's answers to a question she deliberately asked people's opinions on. So here I am, fighting passive aggression with passive aggression.

Bashful Phantom

DarkSohisohi
cloudbustinq

Not sure, that's not a question I care to answer. Though if I hated fags, staying away from them would be rather easy considering how little they make up the actual population. Not sure how well you will fare as a f** who dislikes straight people in a world filled with mostly straight people. . . So, I guess, you can do it if you are straight since the handicap is almost nonexistent.

Though that doesn't have anything to do with being "normal", I don't know enough about what practices are common among the gay folk to answer this.

I
I'm sorry you thought I was serious
I'm actually just here bc I reversed this post a girl made about how totally homophobic she is before denying forever that she is a homophobe
I'm just being a passive aggressive troll trying to bring about change in the closed minds of Gaia I'm srry

Bashful Phantom

Fermionic
I enjoy your avatar.

Thank you, I try my best in the face of extreme Gaia poverty

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
cloudbustinq

I don't think it's weird. I frankly couldn't myself rooming with a straight cis boy tbh. I have little problem with straight cis girls on average.
But cis het boys almost always get on my nerves and we've literally nothing in common.

You do you and find whichever roomate makes you feel comfortable.

Bashful Phantom

GayAndGodlessVegan
cloudbustinq

I don't think it's weird. I frankly couldn't myself rooming with a straight cis boy tbh. I have little problem with straight cis girls on average.
But cis het boys almost always get on my nerves and we've literally nothing in common.

You do you and find whichever roomate makes you feel comfortable.
honestly I was just trying to throw some shade at this chick managirl555, since she's got this thread going a little ways down the first page of this form that's the reverse of what I wrote - I am uncomfortable around anyone who isn't hetero, I don't want to be friends or even be around them because they probably all want to date me, etc - and trying to say that literally wanting all non-het people to stay completely out of her life is not in any way homophobic. So rlly I just reversed her post to try and knock some sense into her, but she isn't even paying attention and now I'm getting either flack for being "heterophobic" or nice responses like yours and I'm like 'no wait that isn't the point heterophobia can't be a thing anyways, craaaap'

Perhaps I should put up a disclaimer, lol

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
cloudbustinq

frankly I think cishets need to be taken down a peg tbh.
what few cishet friends I have I don't hang out often with them and they're kinda weird and cishet and just meh.
not people I'd see myself rooming with or sharing any part of my life with.

Bashful Phantom

GayAndGodlessVegan
cloudbustinq

frankly I think cishets need to be taken down a peg tbh.
what few cishet friends I have I don't hang out often with them and they're kinda weird and cishet and just meh.
not people I'd see myself rooming with or sharing any part of my life with.

I don't even mind most of them tbh, my best friend for seven years running is a cis straight girl. I even had a crush on her back when I was still in the closet as trans and she just kinda was like 'man I think I'm straight, sorry, but let's keep being friends' and that was literally it. She went through like a phase of that annoying lady-gaga I'm-an-ally-dont-be-a-heterophobe-to-me behavior but she's snapped out of it since forever ago and she's still one of the coolest ppl I know. I just hate it when they're dillweeds about how straight+cis they are... like the chick with the thread. Like when it gets to a point of either 'IM A STRAIGHT ALLY LET ME INTO THE LGBT+ ACRONYM AND WORSHIP ME' or just flat out homophobia I'm like 'haha never mind bye' and otherwise they have no reason to call me anything bu a sweetheart to nice straight kids. Might even agree to room with one if I weren't living with my boyfriend, lol

Newbie Noob

cloudbustinq
DarkSohisohi
cloudbustinq

I
I'm sorry you thought I was serious
I'm actually just here bc I reversed this post a girl made about how totally homophobic she is before denying forever that she is a homophobe
I'm just being a passive aggressive troll trying to bring about change in the closed minds of Gaia I'm srry
I figured that might be the case, a reverse roll situation (I didn't think it was a repurposed post). Though it can be hard to tell now-n-days, theirs quite a few people who have taken the "there are no bad methods only bad targets" mentality that clearly displays their ability to hive-mind and drink kool-aid.

Discomfort and fear are not necessary the same thing, though most people use homophobe to label someone who hates gays (which also doesn't work in this situation). People are aloud to feel discomfort towards groups of people.

Change comes from within, there is very little you can do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff