Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
A Pennsylvania man shot an 11-year-old boy in the chest with a BB gun on a playground because he said the boy had previously shot his own young son with the same kind of weapon, authorities said Monday.

Albert Clark, 31, of McKeesport, approached the boy Sunday outside the former George Washington Elementary School and fired twice, police said. The boy fell to the ground, saying he couldn't breathe, and was later hospitalized in critical condition, police said.

Clark told investigators he then gave the weapon to a child who "was walking up the street," according to a criminal complaint.

"Clark stated that he was upset that the victim had shot his 5-year-old son with a (BB) gun in the buttocks the day before and that he had shot at his son again" on Sunday, investigators allege in the complaint.

Investigators searched Clark's home and took 5,000 BB rounds.

He faces charges including aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and evidence tampering and was held in the county jail on $250,000 bail pending a June 1 preliminary hearing.

Court documents don't list an attorney who could comment on the charges, and a phone number listed in his name had been disconnected.

Really now

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
31 but acts like a 7 year old.
Ah yes, let's shoot a child in the chest, where all the important organs are! Nothing like a butt which is just meat and fat! But who cares; he needs to learn his lesson!
rolleyes

High-functioning Lunatic

20,015 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
Jesus Christ. emotion_facepalm

A kid shoots your kid, so you decide that a good idea is to shoot the kid back?!? Epic fail, dude. Epic fail.

Seriously though, if the kid really did shoot his kid with a BB Gun (and having been shot with one by accident I can attest that it hurts like hell!) then this failure of a human being should have alerted the boy's parents and the cops. Not taken matters into his own hands.

I hope they throw the book at him. Eye for an eye is a horrible philosophy to have.

Kawaii Shoujo

emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm

Wintry Dragon

How powerful was that BB gun? I remember being shot a few times around his age. Painful, but not heartstoppingly so.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Geez what an idiot that father is, what happened to talking to the kid’s parents if he did shoot his son. Now he’s ruined his life .

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
GOD, this article is REALLY reaching to label this guy as a gun nut. Yeah, what he did was wrong and stupid. Shooting a minor, even with a BB gun is assault, plain and simple. But saying the police confiscated 5000 BB rounds? I googled BB Gun Ammo. FIRST link was to Wal-Mart. 2400 BB pellet count. Container looks smaller than a Coke can. So yeah, LAWDY LAWD HE HAD TWO OF THESE CONTAINERS OF AMMO! LOCK HIM UP FOR HOARDING GUNS AND AMMO!

What a goddamned man-child. What next? The kid bops yours with their bicycle down the street so you’re going to take your 4X4 to him? You go to the parents of the child and handle the situation like an adult. Not commit a heinous, violent act like some hillbilly yokel. Seriously . . . Coming from a long generation of hunters, and having been taught at a young age how to handle firearms (even BB and pellet guns), we were taught the consequences of our actions.

What the boy did was wrong. Goodness, yes. One of my older brothers actually did that to his half-brother so many years back. The BB lodged into the fatty tissue of his buttocks. Oh man, my dad ripped him a new one and a half and he lost the privilege to use any firearms for a while. Lots of housework and talking went on after that.

This man-child should be required to take a firearm’s safety test on top of everything else he may be charged and sentenced with. I know you do not need one for the use of a BB or pellet gun, but those things can kill you regardless.

Idiot. Just a friggen’ idiot.

A mali
How powerful was that BB gun? I remember being shot a few times around his age. Painful, but not heartstoppingly so.

It depends on the type of BB gun. I had two types. My favorite, as a kid, was the pumping one. You pumped and build up the pressure. If you really put some elbow grease into it you can easily fatally wound or kill something. I would hunt rabbits and squirrels at a young age with them.

So if a very aggravated adult wanted to do some harm, they could easily apply that elbow grease and deliver a fatal message if they so desired.

Kaiser Khorosho
GOD, this article is REALLY reaching to label this guy as a gun nut. Yeah, what he did was wrong and stupid. Shooting a minor, even with a BB gun is assault, plain and simple. But saying the police confiscated 5000 BB rounds? I googled BB Gun Ammo. FIRST link was to Wal-Mart. 2400 BB pellet count. Container looks smaller than a Coke can. So yeah, LAWDY LAWD HE HAD TWO OF THESE CONTAINERS OF AMMO! LOCK HIM UP FOR HOARDING GUNS AND AMMO!

Yeeeaaah. I had to crack a smile at that part. It's ridiculous. If they thought 5,000 BB rounds were bad, oh god, they would have a field day at my place.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
BaIbh
A mali

It depends on the type of BB gun. I had two types. My favorite, as a kid, was the pumping one. You pumped and build up the pressure. If you really put some elbow grease into it you can easily fatally wound or kill something. I would hunt rabbits and squirrels at a young age with them.

So if a very aggravated adult wanted to do some harm, they could easily apply that elbow grease and deliver a fatal message if they so desired.

Yeah, got a Daisy pump BB gun in the corner from when I was younger. Recommended limit of 10 pumps (which was hard as crap to pump it up to when I was smaller and still a pain now). About 3 or 4 pumps could punch right through a coffee can some distance away.

Never shot at anything with 10. Now mostly just use it as a noisemaker without any BBs to scare squirrels that don't run from the bird feeder when I open the door.

Undead Enchantress

I could only manage an air soft gun or at least a gas powered gun. Not very powerful.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
*slow clap for the Liam Neeson wannabe*
Lmao.

I've been shot by airsoft guns, pellet rifles, and CO2 BB guns.

5he CO2 hurts the most, point blabk in the stomach, tweezers got it out no problem, when I was 12.

Kids are soft these days.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
0311Riflemen
Lmao.

I've been shot by airsoft guns, pellet rifles, and CO2 BB guns.

5he CO2 hurts the most, point blabk in the stomach, tweezers got it out no problem, when I was 12.

Kids are soft these days.

Try a pump BB Gun. The one I have can put BBs through someone's head on a full 10 pumps. :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff