Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Salathielly
Oh wow, that's a really neat effect! Very creatively done. biggrin

That's quite "alternate reality" all on its own. xD
Thank you! whee Surprisingly few items, too. I might enter it into a minimalist avi contest some time. If I had to choose one avi for proudest creation, that'd be it.

Hehe, you're right! It is off the beaten path of most typical avatars - not matching*, turned around, few items.... And yet it's so effective and evocative.

*well, it has an aesthetically pleasing color scheme btu not Matchy

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Steeple
Thank you! whee Surprisingly few items, too. I might enter it into a minimalist avi contest some time. If I had to choose one avi for proudest creation, that'd be it.

Hehe, you're right! It is off the beaten path of most typical avatars - not matching*, turned around, few items.... And yet it's so effective and evocative.

*well, it has an aesthetically pleasing color scheme btu not Matchy

Oh...and here I thought it was pretty matchy (or at least, I was so distracted by the composition that I just assumed it was). xD

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Salathielly
Oh...and here I thought it was pretty matchy (or at least, I was so distracted by the composition that I just assumed it was). xD
Well, yeah is it partially matching, with the blue and red and gold accent, but i meant Matchy where everything adheres tot he color scheme w nary a stray shade in sight.

Either that or i accidentally matched lmao

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Steeple
Well, yeah is it partially matching, with the blue and red and gold accent, but i meant Matchy where everything adheres tot he color scheme w nary a stray shade in sight.

Ah, I see what you mean. I remember when people went all matchy-matchy with gold shop avatars and it was a huge accomplishment. Now with all of the recoloring, I guess I don't pay quite as much attention, though I probably should. emotion_sweatdrop

Adored Werewolf

14,675 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
I have a sober version and a drunk version. My current one being the drunk lol

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Salathielly
Steeple

Ah, I see what you mean. I remember when people went all matchy-matchy with gold shop avatars and it was a huge accomplishment. Now with all of the recoloring, I guess I don't pay quite as much attention, though I probably should. emotion_sweatdrop
I remember too! What with the inconsistent shades, there were only so many combos, so one saw the same patterns over and over... I'm glad that there are recolors and regular updates now. 3nodding

Pff, i like your current avi. Shiny! blaugh

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Steeple
I remember too! What with the inconsistent shades, there were only so many combos, so one saw the same patterns over and over... I'm glad that there are recolors and regular updates now. 3nodding

Pff, i like your current avi. Shiny! blaugh

This broom is so fabulous. xD

We still have inconsistent shades, but there's always at least one other item that matches since the item database is so huge, now. I'm definitely glad they're a bit more consistent since it makes matching easier - not just colors but styles and textures, too!

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Salathielly
This broom is so fabulous. xD

We still have inconsistent shades, but there's always at least one other item that matches since the item database is so huge, now. I'm definitely glad they're a bit more consistent since it makes matching easier - not just colors but styles and textures, too!
What item is it? I dont recognize it offhand. It's p amazing lol

Yeah exactly. Since there's so many items, there's usually at least a handful of items that it can work with. Textures are a little trickier because of the change in pixel styles and changing artists over the years, but that's workable too. At least for me: sometimes how you use an item can make up for that. So many more options! And with gold shop items being more affordable, I dont have to choose just one, if any, to buy.

Luxurious Accumulator

22,625 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
User Image

Well for me i'm almost always making an avi that's oriental. so i imagine that my alternate dimension version would be me dressed in modern clothes..
Perhaps sweaters, and covered in electronics like headphones or something.

User Image

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Steeple
What item is it? I dont recognize it offhand. It's p amazing lol

Yeah exactly. Since there's so many items, there's usually at least a handful of items that it can work with. Textures are a little trickier because of the change in pixel styles and changing artists over the years, but that's workable too. At least for me: sometimes how you use an item can make up for that. So many more options! And with gold shop items being more affordable, I dont have to choose just one, if any, to buy.

It's today's grant from the Throwback Event. xD I was going all around the threads in the GCD trying to figure out what it was from before I realized that it was later than I thought and the new grant was available.

I remember having to quest/save up for gold shop items, so it's a luxury to just be able to buy one whenever I want without even having to think twice about it. And I used to sell them back to the store for half the gold when I wasn't using them anymore. xD

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Salathielly
It's today's grant from the Throwback Event. xD I was going all around the threads in the GCD trying to figure out what it was from before I realized that it was later than I thought and the new grant was available.

I remember having to quest/save up for gold shop items, so it's a luxury to just be able to buy one whenever I want without even having to think twice about it. And I used to sell them back to the store for half the gold when I wasn't using them anymore. xD
Yeah I got he grant rght after my post and was like. Oh.

Right? I id the same thing. I tink my major purchases in '03 and '04 were a kimono and a couple musketeer items. with 100/200 a day or so, getting 10k was such a trek.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Steeple

Right? I id the same thing. I tink my major purchases in '03 and '04 were a kimono and a couple musketeer items. with 100/200 a day or so, getting 10k was such a trek.

I only joined in '07, and even then gaining gold was quite the chore. I was all excited when I could buy elf ears. xD

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Salathielly
Steeple

I only joined in '07, and even then gaining gold was quite the chore. I was all excited when I could buy elf ears. xD
yeah i joined p early myself. I had a hiatus from '08 to.... '13 i think? but yeah by then bootygrab was a thing and i made my gold that way, saving up for all the new ei items.

nowadays i usually just collect gc and sell things.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Steeple
yeah i joined p early myself. I had a hiatus from '08 to.... '13 i think? but yeah by then bootygrab was a thing and i made my gold that way, saving up for all the new ei items.

nowadays i usually just collect gc and sell things.

That's awesome! I'd never really heard of Gaia until 2007. I never took a huge hiatus, but there were definitely long periods of time where I'd only log on rarely and/or just collect Daily Chance and not really look at forums/events/new releases. Bootygrab was definitely a great way to earn gold, though I always had problems with lag.

GC is probably (still) the best way to get gold, whether it was through buying MCs back in the day or buying LQIs now.

Enduring Hero

Where ever there is light, there is shadow...here is an alternative universe counterpart of my avatar OC, created for the purpose of this thread. Presenting, "Dark" Rika.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces