Total Votes:[ 62 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
It is good she got 40 years, there was another case I read about where a girl (12 or 13) threw a toddler that was not related to her in the pool and just watched him drown. She only got 3 or 5 years because of her age. Her reason he was annoying her.

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
When I first started reading I thought maybe postpartum depression or something but then I see it's not her own kid, just some kid her parents were thinking of adopting. What a sicko. Why would you think that murdering the poor kid is the solution?

Ice-Cold Wolf

Wow, what a b***h.

Kawaii Shoujo

It's news stories like this that makes me not wanna have kids.

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
fairy-phoenix
It's news stories like this that makes me not wanna have kids.
that and movies such as Mikey and Village of the damned.

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Wonder if this girl thought of other possibilities, things like telling her mother she does not want to have her adopt the kid rather than killing the baby.

Liberal Werewolf

4,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Such a shame and a waste of life.
Wait, so was she left alone to look after the baby? 14 just sounds really young to leave a baby with unsupervised.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
David2074
I'm confused.
On the one hand they considered what she did bad enough they gave her the maximum sentence they could give her under law.

On the other hand they are talking about maybe she might get parole in 5 years?

Or is the "review for parole when they switch from juvenile to adult prison" just a standard thing that always happens for anyone?

it just seems like if they felt she should get 40 years instead of - dunno - 10 or 15 or something - they shouldn't be considering letting her out in 5.

I'm also gathering from the sentence they do not consider her to be retarded or have some other thing wrong with her that would make it "understandable" that her plan of action for not wanting a baby sibling was to murder it.

I feel for the mother. She may be a bad person who totally deserves to be in jail but it's still pretty harsh to be sitting in jail thinking "at least my baby is in good hands" and then find out your baby got murdered.

Someone above mentioned she was in jail for unpaid parking tickets. Hardly a bad person. May have just been short on money if it is true. So, if she was in jail for that, couldn't be that long of a sentence could it? Wonder why the teen thought that her mother was going to adopt the baby. Either way, that piece of work can stay behind bars for the rest of her life and I wish they could sentence her to life without parole.

Cunning Loiterer

I think there was movie about a couple who drowned their baby for the insurance money and wound up in Hell for that. Such a Christian movie but hey, it wasn't too bad it's just I forgot the name of it.

She made her choice..

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Krissim Klaw
Wait, so was she left alone to look after the baby? 14 just sounds really young to leave a baby with unsupervised.
I thought that was legally old enough to babysit.

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
The_Best_Friends_Gang
I think there was movie about a couple who drowned their baby for the insurance money and wound up in Hell for that. Such a Christian movie but hey, it wasn't too bad it's just I forgot the name of it.

She made her choice..
I think you are talking about this movie

movie
FirstBornTriplet
Krissim Klaw
I thought that was legally old enough to babysit.
Not a parent, but I certainly wouldn't hire a 14 year old to watch my infant. Adults have a hard enough time taking care of babies, much less leaving one in the charge of a just barely teenager.

Cunning Loiterer

FirstBornTriplet
The_Best_Friends_Gang

She made her choice..
I think you are talking about this movie

movie

Yeah that's the movie. The cheese grater scene was pretty cool.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Krissim Klaw

14 isn't too young if they are responsible.
I know a couple of women who were taking care of babies when they were 14 and they did great. But they were also pretty responsible kids who also had other skills like cooking and sewing and such.

And I used to babysit pretty young kids in my neighborhood when I was 11 or 12. No babies but as far as I know there were no babies to babysit in my neighborhood. But again, I was mature for my age.

On the other hand, whatever is broken in that girl's brain that made the "solution" be "murder the baby" is not likely to be fixed when she is 16 or 18 or 20. There is something seriously wrong with that kid.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff