Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm trying to fix my headphones but these wires are very thin and there isn't much slack. Even if I add some on they're a b***h to work with and electrical tape won't stay on them properly. I'd use heat shrink tubing but I have none and I need to solder a connection anyway.

I don't know if like encasing the splice in solder would work or last. I'm fixing them a second time since the housing just ******** with the wires and bends them in impractical ways.

Really its probably time I buy new headphones these ones are over two years old and they've been through s**t but I hate giving up on electronics unless its completely ********

Genius

It'll work, yeah, but I don't know about lasting.

Could you swap out the wire entirely?

Two years isn't that long imo. I've had a pair of headphones for probably 6+ years that I've just continuously fixed. Even completely swapped out the housing once and just re-used the speakers. $40 to replace basically everything but the speakers vs. $300 for new headphones. No reason to buy new headphones.
Jordamn
It'll work, yeah, but I don't know about lasting.

Could you swap out the wire entirely?

Two years isn't that long imo. I've had a pair of headphones for probably 6+ years that I've just continuously fixed. Even completely swapped out the housing once and just re-used the speakers. $40 to replace basically everything but the speakers vs. $300 for new headphones. No reason to buy new headphones.
I really do need a stereo than the ghetto s**t I got ****** rigged. I only have a phone so I take an aux cable to a line in to my VCR, and amplify it like that as you would with a cable box to play the sound out on my TV. The TV does have some pretty decent bass. I do have enough speakers to shake my house down but no stereo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff