Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you commit a sin here on Earth, but serve time in prison for it, does this mean that once your prison term is done, that God has forgiven you and that you are not going to go to Hell for it now?

Is penance only for those sinners who do not serve time for their sins on Earth?

No ur mum's Kouhai

High-scoring Abomination

17,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
Absolution is part of confession... So no... Going to prison is not going to save you.

It is a man-made system after all.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
I think the real question to ask is: "if I kill someone to save a hundred will I go to hell?"
Damaged_Dweeb1273
Absolution is part of confession... So no... Going to prison is not going to save you.

Sure it's man-made, but I'm sure the confession and repentance in jail must count for something? I'm sure Mr. Jesus would understand if you couldn't see a priest before dying to confess. Isn't he (like the government) always listening anyways?
Faustine Liem
I think the real question to ask is: "if I kill someone to save a hundred will I go to hell?"

No, that is nothing like what I am asking at all.
Damaged_Dweeb1273

So if my friend serves time on Earth for having a hooker tied up in his basement and sellingcrack at 3x the market value, and then when he's done that, also has to serve time in Hell under the God Judicial System, isn't that double jeopardy, and not allowed in legal systems?

Wouldn't this make the God Judicial System extremely unethical?
PotatoKin
Damaged_Dweeb1273

Sure it's man-made, but I'm sure the confession and repentance in jail must count for something? I'm sure Mr. Jesus would understand if you couldn't see a priest before dying to confess. Isn't he (like the government) always listening anyways?

That's what I was thinking. I mean, if Jesus is all-knowing, he sees you're serving time already, so that should cancel out serving time a second time in Hell.

That would be double jeopardy, and is unethical.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Lucky aka Sir Charms
Faustine Liem

Its what I'm asking then.
Faustine Liem
Lucky aka Sir Charms
Faustine Liem

Its what I'm asking then.

Why are you asking me that? If I understood the God Judicial System, then I wouldn't be asking questions myself.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Lucky aka Sir Charms
Why are you asking me that? If I understood the God Judicial System, then I wouldn't be asking questions myself.

I'm asking because it tells more about the person they it does about god. Like if you ask a person if a officer will go to hell for killing a bank robber about to open fire to a group of people if he dies in the process. Some will say yes, others will say no. It leads into the theory that God is the ego not an actual creature because of such... personal sort of responses.

You can learn quite a bit about a religious persons personal feelings on the matter of such by asking a question like that.
Faustine Liem
Lucky aka Sir Charms

I'm asking because it tells more about the person they it does about god. Like if you ask a person if a officer will go to hell for killing a bank robber about to open fire to a group of people if he dies in the process. Some will say yes, others will say no. It leads into the theory that God is the ego not an actual creature because of such... personal sort of responses.

You can learn quite a bit about a religious persons personal feelings on the matter of such by asking a question like that.

Now I'm going to be honest with you, I don't quite understand what you just said there.

But regardless, what does that have to do with me?

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Lucky aka Sir Charms
Now I'm going to be honest with you, I don't quite understand what you just said there.

I'm saying that a person's personal feelings can dictate how they view gods ways and plans and such.
Faustine Liem
Lucky aka Sir Charms

I'm saying that a person's personal feelings can dictate how they view gods ways and plans and such.

So God's way is to have Daniel Tosh making money off videos he had no part in making while the people responsible for making the videos get nothing?

That seems very unfair to me.
Lucky aka Sir Charms
Faustine Liem
Lucky aka Sir Charms

So God's way is to have Daniel Tosh making money off videos he had no part in making while the people responsible for making the videos get nothing?

That seems very unfair to me.

He'll get his punishment in the afterlife. He knows what he's done and he did violate "thou shalt not steal." I don't think God's going to let him off the hook that easily.
Faustine Liem
Lucky aka Sir Charms

The Bible lays out the rules pretty explicitly, even more so if you read the Torah: don't kill innocent bystanders. It has the rules for killing pretty explicitly laid out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff