Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Abomination

lainergie
Xerasus
lainergie
Xerasus
Anorexia is a mental disorder while being fat is not. Being anorexic more detrimental to your health compared to being fat. People who are anorexic requires a lot more medical attention than people who are obese. Both is not good for your health nonetheless.

fat is mental, look up binge eating

People who often binge eat are not always fat. Some people from anorexia do binge eat and vomit everything out after that. Don't assume that all people who are fat will binge, being fat or obese just means that excessive fat is present in the body that may or may not affect health and nothing else. But yes, compulsive binge eating disorder is a mental condition.

eating is an addiction as well. in some people, carbs work like opiates

If the cause of their obesity is due to food, as they believe that it provides comfort. I would agree it is mental.
lighthouses v2
stop pooping
lighthouses v2

i agree with you

it look a long time for me to stop basing so much on appearance alone and to stop judging

like why do people care so much about how much other people weigh lol. man, you never know what somebody else is going through

promote good health and self care to those who ask for it or to those who need it. otherwise, it's none of ur business

you are ver self conscious and i am not sure why you think anyone cares what you look like

Girl-Crazy Lover

lighthouses v2
stop pooping
fat is a state of being
anorexia is an eating disorder with deeper implications of mental illness

neither are good

this, kinda

you can still be fat and healthy (there are fat olympians, the strongest women in america are obese, there is absolutely no scientific study that proves weight loss=living longer, there are thin people with cholesterol problems, some diets can actually prove disastrous to health, simple body mass is no indication of somebody's actual health)

whereas anorexia is a deadly disease

smh

i love you and your answer to this

Timid Ladykiller

Xerasus
lainergie
Xerasus
Anorexia is a mental disorder while being fat is not. Being anorexic more detrimental to your health compared to being fat. People who are anorexic requires a lot more medical attention than people who are obese. Both is not good for your health nonetheless.

People who often binge eat are not always fat. Some people from anorexia do binge eat and vomit everything out after that. Don't assume that all people who are fat will binge, being fat or obese just means that excessive fat is present in the body that may or may not affect health and nothing else. But yes, compulsive binge eating disorder is a mental condition.

Also to add to this, there are dozens of diseases and health conditions where obesity is a symptom, not a trigger.
An estimated 20 million Americans have some form of thyroid disorder, 60% of which are often unaware of their condition and wouldn't you know? Undiagnosed hypothyroidism has a plethora of symptoms including obesity. Its extremely difficult, if not impossible for some people to lose weigh with this disease regardless of their diets. On or off treatment if the obesity has already set it.
Amecha
Because anorexia is serious as s**t and the long term effects on a person's life is devastating.
Fat is just fat. Fat itself is not the cause of health problems in and of itself.

are you telling me that not being able to move on your own is not a health problem?

kagenatsu's Bae

Ethereal Lunatic

24,640 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Contributor 150
I feel like it was the opposite for such a long time, that trends just change cause people get bored.
also, whats not ok is that people are more ready to call someone out on the way they look in a mean way instead of being concerned and helpful. being mean is easier than helping :p
that's why
Xerasus
lainergie
Xerasus
lainergie
Xerasus

eating is an addiction as well. in some people, carbs work like opiates

If the cause of their obesity is due to food, as they believe that it provides comfort. I would agree it is mental.

if someone has to divine comfort from food (since comfort food is always the blandest), then something is wrong.

Timid Ladykiller

lainergie
Amecha
Because anorexia is serious as s**t and the long term effects on a person's life is devastating.
Fat is just fat. Fat itself is not the cause of health problems in and of itself.

ok, but how is that different from overeating? that can cause heart problems hypertension etc

Overeating and obesity are NOT one in the same.
I overeat like ******** crazy to maintain my weight and not go under a healthy weight because I have a disease. Other people eat just fine, ten times better than I do and are fat. Point blank.
People's bodies store and process food in different ways. Whether its just genetic, or a disease.
There are also thin people with hypertension, heart problems, etc. Fat is not a CAUSE of those thing.

Tipsy Gawker

lainergie
lighthouses v2
stop pooping
lighthouses v2

you are ver self conscious and i am not sure why you think anyone cares what you look like

honestly how did u even come to that conclusion lol

why is it so important to you for me to be in emotional distress
about what other people think of my looks neutral

i just want everyone to love themselves

also, the links u asked for are cited directly in the TIME article u noob

Demonic Cat

fat is ok. obesity isn't. you'll get sick you see.

Shameless Sex Symbol

15,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Amecha
Xerasus
lainergie
Xerasus

Also to add to this, there are dozens of diseases and health conditions where obesity is a symptom, not a trigger.
An estimated 20 million Americans have some form of thyroid disorder, 60% of which are often unaware of their condition and wouldn't you know? Undiagnosed hypothyroidism has a plethora of symptoms including obesity. Its extremely difficult, if not impossible for some people to lose weigh with this disease regardless of their diets. On or off treatment if the obesity has already set it.

thyroid is a genetic problem. where did you get that statistic? if the problem is not genetic then it is childhood diets

King Shapeshifter

Because their skin is all saggy and they usually look sick.

Sugary Bunny

23,740 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
plebtier shitposting try again

Dog

stop pooping
fat is a state of being
anorexia is an eating disorder with deeper implications of mental illness

neither are good

Quick Reply