Welcome to Gaia! ::

Armed Battery

Been on Gaia since 2004, when i was 14.
Spent most of my teenage years here, so despite me not coming here alot anymore
I still have some memories of this place.

Alot of the time it doesn't feel like I know this place anymore
forums aren't as active as they use to be, community spirit isn't really there any more,

Only thing that still stayed the same for me is the feeling of being poor.
didn't have alot of gold back then, still don't have alot of gold now.
I don't feel anything. I like Gaia, I just don't have time for it. I'm not the same person I was ten years ago, when I first joined. So while I could waste hours on this site then, I can only really tolerate maybe ten minutes.

But I like it. I reflect positively on it. I like some of the new features.

Thirteenth Star

No complaints here. I've been a member since 2004, and maybe I'm technically "old money" as far as Gaia users go, but it's been really fun watching it go from the little bitty econemy it used to be, to this one. And I'm an adult, with a job, so the cash shop doesn't bother me.

I do wish the fishing was back up, though. And when it comes back, I hope it's not extremely different like when they redid the Towns.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
All my friends have jumped ship, and I basically only get on to get Daily Chance and freebies. I change my avatar once every few months. Too much Cash Shop focus... I've gone from being angry to just not giving a s**t about the site at all; I won't miss it when it dies for good, but I do feel a little bit wistful.

Quotable Smoker

Been here since 2004-2005, woah 10 years.

I've had a billion accounts since then.
I remember the first time I could ever buy a monthly letter was the bone skull.

I haven't been on gaia in a long time, just popped in quick today, and well. I remember when demon horms were 6k and absolutely unobtainable by me.
Now I have 2bil and I feel poor...

Just found one of my first avatars: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/mai-shi-rou/1146667/

GOD I WAS A TOOL.
I started Gaia in early 2004 and I just came back from a couple year break. I was surprised how much the economy had changed since I was last active. At first I was intimidated, because it looked like everything was impossibly expensive, but now I realize it's actually not any more difficult to attain despite the shocking numbers.

I was also surprised by how the values of my items shifted. Nitemare Minis and Angelic Sash are in the dumps. Devil Tail seems to be holding strong as ever, even though there are like a couple dozen new versions, which I thought was odd. Then a bunch of random box items and evolving items I had from years ago rival or pass the really old donation and event items I figured would have been the best long term investments. I'm not butthurt about the deflation, though. It seems like now almost nothing is unobtainable and, as someone that wants EVERY ITEM, I'm fine with that.

At 29 years old now, I mainly worry I'm too old to get back into this. I like playing dress up with my avatar, but I feel like there probably aren't many users left around my age.

robekworld's Waifu

9,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I have been on and off Gaia since 2003, I am 24 now. To be honest, I only log on to collect my daily stuff, change my outfit and try to buy/sell art stuffs. I think Gaia really reached it's peak in 2010 and has gone down hill since. I used to be very active (in the GCD and playing ZOMG). Now it seems like the community has died down and the only things I see Gaia actually putting it's time into is the EXTREMELY annoying daily announcements of the new items that they want us to pay cash for. ONCE in a while I will put down $10, but I will NEVER in my life spend as much money as I did before they were trying to cram all this crap down my throat. It has been really tempting to just log out and never return.

Magical Shoujo

I've been on gaia since 2004. I joined when I was really young and I acted completely differently than I do now.
Despite that, I keep coming back just to check on things and old friends. I thought I would've quit a long time ago.
I definitely don't have the passion to really participate in anything other than the things I already know and have been a part of for a long time. But I still like talking to my friends. If all the people I knew completely disappeared from the site, I probably would too. But like me, they also pop in once in a while to say hello.

Plus I lost faith in gaia a long time ago when the whole lanzer thing and gcash went overboard.

corvias's Princess

Sex Symbol

Awwww <3
I am an Oooooolllllldddd user.
if I had more time (Maybe when I am not in the military) I would start an artshop up again Until then it is forum browsing for me c:

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

So, I didn't ever see this NPCon thing before, and I'm really excited to see it. It occured to me that this could be a good gold sink for some of the super rich, which could potentially help the economy.

I haven't been around a lot, have they done this before? Did it help?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff