Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vineuse's Princess

Trash Unicorn

User Image
User Image
  • Once she had split off on her own it almost felt lonely without the air of company from Zeph or Kin. It was a bad sign that maybe she was getting to dependent on them. She was sure the others were wrapped up in their own missions to be too concerned about missing her. Still she wished that one of them might be closer to her. A flush of worry ran over her for she was worried about both of them. Though Claire was usually against splitting the group up. Perhaps the years of the academy had warped her but Claire knew there were powers in numbers and power in groups. A group was so much stronger than a single person and maybe they were still a group that just branched out a bit but Claire was still worried about all the possibilities that could have gone wrong now they were split up. It would be so much easier to pick them all off if someone wanted. Claire had a feeling that the prophetess lady would totally be the kind to take advantage of a situation like this if she thought she could take out the guardians one by one. It wasn’t even like they were as hidden as they liked to believe. A lone dragon who didn’t speak that well was able to find them. It brought up more concerns for Claire.

But part of her knew it was just the way they were raised. She had lived a sheltered life where people stood together. She experienced the power of numbers and always had numbers to back her up. Always along side Angels had been Elves who were always growing. But what about Zeph and Kin? They were demidians and often times demidians did not have others to rely on. As far as Claire knew Zeph and Kin were no different and had at one point been abandoned by people they might have considered their kind. It was stories like their stories though that gave Claire the strength to want more for them and to want to make sure all demidians eventually got their own rights. But Claire also knew that if anyone knew how to survive alone it was Zeph and Kin and she shouldn’t doubt their plans. They were at times the wisest of the group and beyond their years. Inwardly Claire scolded herself for the selfishness that she felt for not trusting her friends more and their opinions. It was thoughts like those that really caused a group to crumble.

Brushing those thoughts away Claire focused on the task that Zeph had entrusted her while he dealt with the dragon. She made her way to the dock and looked around. For a moment she felt perhaps a pinch of self conscious without Zeph. It was obvious she didn’t really belong on the dock. It truly was more of Zeph’s scene. Maybe some of the people there thought they could take advantage of her. She was sure that she came off naïve enough around the dock’s men. The other thing that concerned her was the leers of men. She knew enough of what those meant but did her best to ignore them instead looking around for anyone that might look a bit more presentable. Claire was sure that the dock master himself was no upstanding citizen by any means of the word and behind any guise was just as seedy as the men in the bars but he would probably at least look the part of a normal citizen, if anything other than to please the authorities. However as she looked around the dock there was no one around that Claire really saw as reputable enough that she would consider a dock master. Just her luck.

What did catch her attention while she was around the dock area was a beautiful horse. Her eyes went wide slightly at the sight in amazement. There wasn’t a lot of horses in Lavcisca and there were even fewer horses in Skalla. Normally Claire’s transportation was flying so there was never any need for horses. Even though she was a flyer that didn’t mean Claire didn’t appreciate a horse when she saw one. Not being able to help herself she tentatively walked over to the horse. “Hello beautiful. What are you doing here all by yourself?” She greeted quietly and gently raised her hand and petted the horse’s long face and let hands run through the mane. She smiled more at the horse. Horses were such a rare treat for her. She wished she had something to give the horse like a small apple or something but she really wasn’t carrying much on her. For a moment Claire forgot about her mission and just relaxed a bit petting the horse. She knew she should be worrying about the dock master but she checked already and he wasn’t around. There was no harm in trying to pet the horse a little bit.

A voice pulled her away from the horse and Claire looked to and elven man, whom Claire could only assume was the owner of the horse. He was a fair-haired Elf that had a sense of purpose about him. It was weird though, spotting an Elf so deep in human territory, especially a lone Elf. He must have been on some sort of important mission, just like Claire was. She was sure that she struck the elf as odd as she looked fairly human with her angel markings covered by her long hair and her lack of Peacekeeper armor. Still it was nice to see an elf. Claire broke out into a smile. “Are they yours? They’re beautiful. I admit I have taken a fancy to your beautiful horse. I’m sorry if it seems a bit strange but we don’t have horses in Skalla and I’m never really in one area enough to be around them and appreciate them. I try to take my time when I’m able to.” She said stepping away from the horse and bowing slightly to the elf but keeping the easy going smile on her face the whole time that she spoke. “It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Claire.”

• User Image
    PARTY⋮ TELUMExxxLOCATION⋮ LAVISCA, KORRINxxxMOOD⋮ CONCERNEDxxxHEALTH⋮ 100%

KhaeBhyr's Wife

Steadfast Defender

10,050 Points
    • Divine Donator 100
    • Angelic Alliance 100
    • Generous 100
    User Image
    User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

• Asher couldn’t see at first how this rather scrawny man had become the head of such an infamous organization. However the prince knew full well that looks could be deceiving. The White Lily, a rather unusual name for a shady enterprise, but from what he had gathered, the white lily were no push overs. Their leader seemed to be doing a very good job of making his shipping side of the business appear legitimate. Asher had to give him some credit, Dai-Bo might lack muscle but he clearly had a working brain. A devious working brain if any of the reports Asher read were even half true.

The prince could not help but crack a small smile. “Fine wares, is that what you are filling your ship with?” He tilted his head for a moment and brought his hand up to his chin. “I’d ask you what said wares were, but that wouldn’t very nice of me now would it. Besides I have no interest in what you plan to sell whether it be legally obtained or otherwise.”

He took some papers out of his pocket and tried to flatten out a few wrinkles. The papers were tan in color with a singular drawing on each sheet. Each drawing was a detailed face of one man, one demon, and an individual of unknown ancestry. “Those three tried rather unsuccessfully to assassinate a Jardas Royal. Sources say they lived around here. If you help me find the low life who hired them, I can help make your travels to Jardas a little easier. he handed the papers to Dai-Bo wishing that they had survived the journey in a little bit better shape. “You are wishing to know more about the staffs after all”

tab tab tab |▐ LOCATION by a boat
        tab tab tab |▐ COMPANY Dai-Bo

tab tab tab |▐ OOC sorry for a short post ><

8,950 Points
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    • Signature Look 250
    User ImageUser Image

• Decent, civilized person. Was that what this prince was?

Calmly, Kyrileir examined the prince before her maintaining a steady gaze. While he was busy looking after Prince Balian, Kai took that opportunity to study him. He was the same as she remembered him from so long ago regarding appearances. There didn’t seem to be a visible sign of fat to his form, but this time around his formal wear was on point. The last time they had met he had been wearing something favoring the ragged side. Now though, if she hadn’t remembered their conversation, she may not have recognized him. He was clean, impeccably dressed, and every inch of him screamed prince.

“Honestly … partly rumors. Partly from a source of mine. You may claim my source is one to doubt, but I have relied on him for years now. His guidance has never led me astray,” Kyrileir explained calmly. He stared at her and unflinchingly she stared back. She didn’t know if he was sizing her up, but she was sizing him up. “What one thinks of themselves may be far from the truth. For example, today I think myself a dragon, but here I sit before you, wingless, and lacking in scales.”

Curiously, she cocked her head to the side considering his first question. “For some it may be rude. However, for those same few, they live in a world where sunshines reign over darkness and everyone treats one another with kindness and consideration. They are optimistic and kind, but they are not always right.”

Falling silent, Kyrileir listened. She watched his facial expression looking for the familiar signs that would indicate he was lying. Her gaze shifted from his to his hand to the muscle in his neck and back to his eyes again. He looked away from her and she wondered if he was considering what more to say and whether or not he should be honest. Thus far he seemed to have been honest. There was no cause to distrust him, but her own personal experiences still held her at bay. The last statement was true though. She knew from personal experience he was at least telling the truth on that. After having spent so much time around Balian she learned quickly of the way a man or a woman could manipulate another. Read their expressions regarding certain comments and play off of their reactions to find a common interest or idea. Expand upon it until they are spouting their own secrets to someone they may not realize would exploit them at their first opportunity. Why should they suspect? As far as they would know, that said person agreed with them on every aspect. No, Kyrileir was not born yesterday and still she held her trust locked deep inside.

“The ones you have heard are ones I have already heard. And I can tell you, personally, they are all true,” Kyrileir murmured softly. “I am a liar and you would be a fool to trust anything that comes out of my mouth. You should always keep your guard up until my actions give you a reason to relay your trust upon me. I do doubt that time will ever come. I do not fight. A princess is not meant to and no my guards do not lay their lives down for me.”

Everything she had just said? Partial truth, partial lie. However, her gaze did not falter and remained constantly steady upon Tai’s. Her breathing remained even and her heartbeat did not pick up as each lie passed her lips. She had learned early on the traits of a liar and learned how to dispel such traits from her own person. It helped when ‘Ben’ was out and about. The other option Kyrileir could’ve taken was tell the truth, but again what had he done to earn her trust? And if she did tell him she could fight, what then? It was not proper for a princess in Balian’s eyes and if Tai let loose that secret? She would lose the ally she had come with. While that may not have been such a big deal, it was still a worrisome prospect.

"If I challenged you to a fight, disregard whether or not I could fight, would you accept the proposal?"

locaтιon ☛ inn in Korrin
                    ѕυrroυnded вy ☛ Tairius
                    нealтн ☛ 95%
                    тнoυgнтѕ ☛ he a liar.

• Nahella's Partner In Crime

Super Snack

User ImageUser Image

we can тaĸe тнe world вacĸ ғroм a нearт-aттacĸ one мanιac aт a тιмe we wιll тaĸe ιт вacĸ
                                                                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

• Everyone knows that feeling when they have a set of eyes on them and know they're being watched. As a prince, Tai knew that feeling well. Of course, it wasn't usually such an intense stare from the person he was having a one on one personal conversation with. Yet, that odd feeling of eyes boring into you was as prominent as ever and Tai knew for a fact it was coming from the princess across him. She was staring at him as though if he breathed wrong she'd learn something from it. If Tai was any less arrogant, he'd probably be creeped out and tell her to calm down and stop staring like he would spill all his secrets. However, since Tai is who he is, his first thought was 'Is she attracted to me?'. She was staring. Usually when a girl stares at a guy it's for a reason such as attraction. It wouldn't be the first time Tai had been started at in that way. The girl's in his kingdom weren't blind. Still... it didn't matter why Kai was staring at him the way she was. All that mattered was the disturbed feeling in Tai's stomach that told him he could hide nothing from this girl even if he wanted to.

As the princess spoke to answer his question, it was Tai's turn to stare. What she was saying almost seemed rehearsed as though she knew how to respond and wasn't actually thinking about it. Since she'd been the one to ask those questions in the first place, it made sense. All the rumors were true? Did she even know the rumors Tai was speaking of. Certainly not all of them could be true. Some of them were of the terribly nasty kind which Tai was sure the princess would cringe to hear she claimed as true. No. This princess was trying to appear strong and in charge. It was an... attractive response. The corners of Tai's mouth turned up a little. This princess was a strong spirit and a fighter. It didn't matter if she denied it, Tai knew that now. She was not the delicate princess she appeared. Beautiful, sure, but she knew what she was about and Tai liked that. Now Princess Kai had grabbed his attention. Hopefully she wouldn't choose to start ignoring him again because Tai wouldn't let that happen again. Not now that he was determined to find her fire.

It was odd, though. Tai was certain that the princess couldn't be telling the truth about not being a fighter. He'd determined that in his head before she'd even said she wasn't. It couldn't be true. Yet.. she showed no outward appearance of having lied to him at least not directly. What was it she had said? 'I do not fight. A princess is not meant to.' Interesting phrasing. Tai had a strong desire to call her out on that last part. A princess isn't meant to? Who cares what a princess is or isn't supposed to do? Just because one's a royal doesn't meant that they need to succumb to the cliche ways in which they are told to act and not allow themselves to be themselves. Then again, Tai was probably just bitter because it was something he'd spent a good portion of his life fighting himself. Even if she wasn't lieing about what she'd said, Tai had a strong feeling she wasn't telling the whole truth. Something about the princess across from him told Tai there was a lot more to this princess than she was wiling to let on. That was okay. He'd get it out of her eventually.

Before Tai had the chance to respond, the princess spoke once more. A fight? She just explained that she wasn't a fighter and knew that Tai thought of himself as a good one. What was she getting at? Narrowing his eyes slightly and studying her facial expression only left Tai more confused. "I would... but only if you believed you had a chance at winning. I'm not a bully and I'm certainly not about to attack someone who doesn't even put their heart into it." Tai paused a moment. "There's something you're not telling me, Princess. That much is obvious. Your question just now makes me even more curious. Why would you ask that? Are you trying to dissect my mind? I promise that if that is your goal, my mind is not nearly as deep and complex as yours is. I'm a simple guy. So, tell me Princess, what is it that you're trying to get at?" Tai studied her a moment longer. This new revelation of the Princess' personality made Tai hungry for more.

"Earlier you stated that a princess is not meant to fight. I think you're wrong, Princess Kyrileir. A princess is more than a title. If she wishes to fight than she should accomplish that goal not hide from it because her title says she shouldn't." Tai leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms behind his head. "But hey. What do I know about what you wish for?" Tai's gaze stayed on Kai. If she would drop the solid steel expression, he may actually be able to learn something from her. He just had to find a trigger that would make her drop the impenetrable 'proper princess' form she was taking. If a fight would accomplish that, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all. Of course, if Mae found out that Tai had a fight with Kai, she may just murder him in his sleep. She'd probably murder him just for having a conversation about it.

wιтн ;; Kyrileirwнere ;; Inn of Korrin ғeelιng ;; What's she hiding?нealтн ;; 95%

8,950 Points
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    • Signature Look 250
    User ImageUser Image

• "Despite the fact I am a female, and a princess, you would accept a proposal for a sparring match if I were to offer it to you?"

Kyrileir frowned, studying him. "Curious," she murmured softly. It did appear he and Balian were completely different. This conversation would've gone in a different direction would she be talking to her known ally. Blinking, she looked away from him momentarily watching the other inhabitants of the inn. "Should one of them, any of them, ask you to fight them as a sparring match, would you accept?" she asked softly. Her tone had lost its accusatory lilt instead falling more towards idle curiosity. She knew who he was even if he wasn't going to admit it. She still knew.

"Even if it was a woman... would you accept?" Kyrileir continued, turning her cold glance back upon him.

Lightly she shrugged. "There are many things I am not telling you, but it is not a fault of mine. It is a fault of yours regarding the questions you ask. If you want to know something then the correct question needs to be asked to receive the answer wanted. It's simple," she murmured.

"I try to dissect everyone's mind. It is.... it is something I do," she stated matter of factly. Glancing beyond him, her eyes caught sight of a group of men speaking with one another seriously. After a moment they started laughing. Was it a story one told the other? Something funny? Something interesting? Flicking her gaze from them to the bar maid working behind the bar she wondered at the type of life the woman had to lead. Was it rough? Was it easy? Did she enjoy what she did? She was currently talking to an elderly gentleman, a smile on her face, and for all intents and purposes appeared to be happy. But was she?

"I'm not trying to get at anything. I simply asked a question and made a statement. You can make of that what you will." Quietly, she considered his other words. "A princess does as a princess is told. A princess may know how to defend herself, but beyond that a princess is a symbol for the people and a diplomat. Nothing more. Nothing less," she murmured. It was something her mother often told her and the words felt like poison in her mouth. They were not what she believed, but again she could not have Balian learning of her true insight. It was one thing to speak your mind in the company of a friend, but it was another to speak it in the company of a man with the clear label of enemy above his head.

Cocking her head to the side she glanced towards the ceiling of the inn sifting through the variety of questions in her mind. "What are some of the things that you like? Do you enjoy horse back riding?" Kyrileir abruptly asked, turning the conversation towards a different direction. He would notice, of course, but she was certain he wouldn't understand why.

locaтιon ☛ inn in Korrin
                    ѕυrroυnded вy ☛ Tairius
                    нealтн ☛ 95%
                    тнoυgнтѕ ☛ he a liar.

• Dapper Roisterer

User Image

❁ Saifullah Nasim Kannan ❁
    - - - Prince of Lyralona - - -

Saifullah was starting to think he liked this guardian. Sure the guy was curt and rude. He also always seemed to have a sneer on his face for some odd reason. Thinking about it, he realized his own temperament couldn't be more different from Zeph's. Sai was known throughout his time growing up in Lyralona as a fletchling that was far too carefree for his own good. Many wondered how a dragon such as him would ever be a good king. Perhaps Sai eventually started believing their words himself at some point. He too never thought he would make a very good king. Still, he knew he always cared about Lyralona and his brethren. He just never knew what he could do to help the kingdom in the way his parents had ruled for centuries. Compared to the ages of the other dragons, Saifullah always felt like he was too young to make a difference. But, he thought, maybe this time it was his youth that allowed him to see what the other dragons could not from their age. They saw things deteriorate more and more by incriminates around them and didn't notice but he could see the changes obviously. Again, though, he just had no clue what he was supposed to do about it and certainly there was nothing a young dragon like him could do about it. That was, until he started talking to Zeph.

In this young demidian he saw all the fiery passion everyone felt Sai lacked growing up. The guardian was full of ideas and knowledge and it seemed like there was no problem that he could not solve himself. Saifullah spent his whole life not having any problems or had other people telling him there were no problems. Being in the face of what could be a catastrophe left him clueless and lacking in ability to face it. But now he had some hope. Maybe this Zeph person could give him the fire he needed to accomplish what he sought out to do. And the guardian was right too. If you sat in one place and did nothing you grew weaker, perhaps senile, and he was right to say the start was to talk to other races and learn of their problems too. Saifullah nodded his head along with the demidian. "Agree. Should go visit other lands." Then another thought hit him: Did he have time to go to all these kingdoms and see their problems? He shook his head at the thought. That was the problem his family had. They stopped seeing emissaries, stopped listening to the world, and decided to distance themselves from the borders of Lyralona. The last thing he needed to do was act the same way they do. The prince took a breath and then slowly exhaled, yes, he was set on this new goal.

Zeph was asking him of the book and Sai nodded his head, trying to remember the specifics. He'd never seen the book himself, he'd only heard of it. "Old book. Book story of how Immortals breath life into Jardas. Create races and charge Angels and Dragons with duties. Original book signed by first kings of Lyralona and Skalla. Maybe help remind dragons." He nodded his head again and thought to himself. "Not sure where be. Old library. Not in Lyralona. I checked. Probably not Skalla... but old library somewhere." He heaved a deep sigh. "Sorry, not good help. Maybe other Guardians know." After that Zeph was saying they could start talking with the other races now. The guardian was up on his feet saying they should hit the streets then. If Saifullah was going to petition the king of the humans, he needed to figure out what their problems were. And he also supposed that Zeph was right. The humans were not inclined to help with dragon problems unless the dragons had something to offer to help the humans with their own problems. He could develop some idea of what their problems were and how to help with that while he was going and talking with them with Zeph. Sai stood up from the bar and started to follow after Zeph when he stopped short and turned to the bar. He dug into his bag and looked at the bar, trying to think about how much that must have cost. After a moment of reckoning, Sai just shrugged his shoulders and put two gold pieces on the table. That should have been enough, whatever the cost. He then followed after Zeph. "How we find human problems?" He asked, wondering what the guardian had in mind.

“Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.”

Nahella's Partner In Crime

Super Snack

User ImageUser Image

we can тaĸe тнe world вacĸ ғroм a нearт-aттacĸ one мanιac aт a тιмe we wιll тaĸe ιт вacĸ

• This girl certainly liked to talk. Tairus didn't understand why he wasn't even able to get a word out before she was jumping onto the next thing she had on her mind. One thing was for sure, Princess Kai had a lot to say and she wasn't just keeping it to herself. Each word she said seemed to be precisely picked out to get the most information out of Tai. He wasn't an idiot. Tairus knew enough to know that everything he said was being chopped into little pieces and deciphered into small details by the girl sitting with him. He just wished he could figure out what exactly she was getting at but that fact still evaded him. No worries, though. Tai had nothing to hide from anyone and whatever this princess learned about him, Tairus was sure it wouldn't make any difference in his life and where it was headed. She could have her fun if it was what she wanted.

"A princess does as a princess as told, hmm...?" That was the one thing that stood out the most among all the little quips and retorts the princess said. "I may be wrong, but I sincerely doubt you believe that. Even the way you said it seemed beyond rehearsed, like you were getting ready to recite it to a crowd." Tai shrugged lightly. Why should he care if she wants to keep hiding her true feelings or if she wants to sit herself all nice and comfy behind the expected. "I guess I could be wrong. Enjoy life your way.. who am I to stop you?" Tairus eyed the princess. Something had just occurred to him. Balian with his nose stuck way up in the air may expect his allies to act a certain way. Was this girl putting on a show for her ally? Tairus shook his head and focused on the table. That was probably just paranoia or something. Certainly one should feel comfortable to be their whole selves around their allies. Tairus certainly was around Mae.

Cocking his head back up to the princess, Tai smirked. "Oh yeah. I had almost forgotten. You mentioned if I would fight a woman or a stranger. Well, I more than certainly would, but only if they believed they could win. As I said earlier, I don't fight if my opponent doesn't believe themselves capable." Tai put his shoulders back straight, confident in what he was saying. "I disagree that a princess should act as she is told and the same goes for women. If a girl wants to do anything usually performed by males, I say power to them. That includes fighting with me. Just because their bodies are shaped different doesn't make them weaker." A smile split across Tai's face. "Damn if Mae doesn't give me the bruises to prove it.." Memories of their previous fights flashed through Tai's mind. They hadn't started as friends, but they'd certainly ended that way and Tairus was happy for it.

Looking back up towards the princess, Tai nodded once. It was time to bring this conversation back full circle. "I do love horseback riding. However, I don't get many chances to do so unless I'm in Brivas with Mae. I train as a hobby so that I can protect my people and the ones I love. I also study, believe it or not which Mae does not. I do want to learn as much about my kingdom as possible. Despite how I may seem to you, Princess, I have a deep desire to bring what's best to people and I will do so eventually no matter the costs." Tairus' eyes lingered on Kai. The obvious questions were circling through his head. Why had she changed the subject just as they were getting somewhere? Why was she bringing up horseback riding of all things? Was she trying to figure out something about him based on his habits? Tai did not like having to find alternative motives behind everything that was said. It was exhausting.

Folding his hands on the table, Tai simply smiled. Maybe it was time he just stop looking and try and get to know the princess across from him. Perhaps if he stopped looking for hostility it would dissipate? Only one way to find out. "Tell me, Princess Kyrileir. Have you ever wandered among your people as one of them? You strike me as the type who would. Of course, that would be totally against what is expected of a princess. Yet.. something tells me your curiosity would lead you to do it. Am I completely wrong?" It was a question that Tai hadn't expected himself to ask. It could lead to the princess finding out the same about himself and he hadn't only wandered through his own kingdom. His dirty secret could get Tairus into trouble that he wasn't ready for, but it was too late now. Maybe Kai's answer would be what he was expecting and then things wouldn't end so badly. Tairus' eyes scanned the princess' face for any sign of a lie. This girl had many faces and he was determined to learn them all.

wιтн ;; Kyrileirwнere ;; Inn of Korrin ғeelιng ;; What's she hiding?нealтн ;; 95%

22,825 Points
    • Alchemy Level 10 100
    • Falling For You 25
    • Married 100
            User ImageUser Image

• Zeph only hoped that this wasn’t going to be a waste of time. He had to get back to Claire’s side and make sure that she was okay. Not to mention the fact that the Guardians had a meeting that he, strangely enough, was looking forward to, and the fact that there were strangers who had just arrived in Jardas whom Kin believed were looking for the staffs. Dealing with a dragon who relied on others to solve his own problems was far down on Zeph’s to-do list. If this prince didn’t start to get the gist of things quickly, the pirate was about ready to move on. First things first, he was going to have to somehow explain to this dragon that when you wanted to know the issues that were bothering people, the first thing you did was use your eyes, next your ears, and finally your mouth. Asking questions was one way to get your answers, but people did tend to think you were only trying to pry and not really interested in helping.

As far as the old book went, there were only six kingdoms in Jardas, Sai had already crossed off two of them, and Zeph was certain that they wouldn’t place a book of such importance in the underwater kingdom of Paravell. So he was betting that it would be found in the elven kingdom of Escallia. The city of Minevia in particular was home to a great many secrets and treasures, and it wasn’t much of a stretch to assume the children of the Immortals would have the library the prince was looking for. The only other kingdom he would venture to look into was Korrin, but he wasn’t that optimistic about finding it here : Humans ranked just one step up the totem pole than Demidians, so it was unlikely to find anything with that much cultural significance in these deserts. He would keep that to himself for now, though, and see how long it took Sai to make that connection. However, judging for what he had observed so far, it would take a while before that next critical step in thinking took place.

Picking a direction at random once they left the pub, Zeph continued for a moment in silence as he thought about various ways to do this which would make the most impact as quickly as possible. Most beings learned the most through practical experience, but he couldn't afford to take a few years out of his life to have Sai shadow him around. Zeph believed that would only make him complacent and cause him to lower his guard, thereby leading to his untimely demise. Tsking quietly, he came out of his thoughts and looked around, taking in the scene in front of him. This would do. They were walking through some of the poorer areas of the port city and they were bound to find people who were in need of some sort of help — whether financial or otherwise. Zeph made a brief gesture to indicate that the dragon should take in their surroundings. ”Open your ******** eyes and take a look around. Leaning about what difficulties someone has doesn’t always mean you have to open your ******** mouth and ask questions. You have two eyes, two ears and one mouth for a ******** reason.” Even if Sai didn't suggest something as grand as putting an end to the poverty around them, which, as far as he was concerned, would always exist in some shape or form, the pirate hoped Sai would at the very least recognize the struggles that the people faced in this area on a daily basis.

For the first time since he and Sai had crossed paths, Zeph appeared a little less guarded, a little more open. It was a barely discernable shift in his posture and in the way he held himself. It was as if he had just walked through the doors to a house, fallen back in a comfortable chair with a sigh and said, 'I'm home!' While these weren't the streets on which he had grown up, they did have a familiarity about them and not only because he may have walked down here once or twice in the past in order to find an obscure inn for a ménage à trois. Like all other neighbourhoods, this one probably had its quirks, its secrets, its dangers, that would trap any unsuspecting fool, so Zeph would never relax entirely while they walked through, but there was enough familiarity — the scents of decay and human refuse, the sounds of shouting and children playing, the sight of nearly decrepit homes — that he felt as though he knew this place and its streets. And perhaps he did as they bore such a similarity to the streets he had called his home during his childhood.

After a moment, Zeph came to a stop and indicated that Sai should stay back and keep quiet. He watched a small group of children as they walked through the streets on their own. There was a boy who looked to be no older than in his teens with two younger siblings. One of whom, a young prepubescent girl was holding onto an infant. They looked as though they had just returned from the market, and were heading home to a small house that was really nothing more than a shack in his opinion. They weren’t in the best parts of Lavisca right now and the older boy seemed to be on alert, a small dagger strapped to his waist as he ushered his siblings inside. Very few words were exchanged as the children scurried like rats into their home. As soon as the door closed, Zeph spoke up. ”What did you see, Sai? I’m not talking about the ******** obvious. Besides a group of kids going home, tell me what you saw.” He hoped the prince was able to pick up on something and didn't just claim that nothing of significance had occurred or fail to understand the point of this exercise.

tab tab 𝔏𝔬𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 lavisca streets tab tab tab 𝔚𝔦𝔱𝔥 sai tab
            tab tab 𝔖𝔱𝔞𝔱𝔲𝔰 95%

8,950 Points
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    • Signature Look 250
    User ImageUser Image

• “You are wrong. Sometimes a person is all a person appears to be. No lies, no secrets… Simply a person,” Kyrileir murmured.

Glancing beyond him, she watched the staff of the inn move about wondering when their food would appear. It would give her something to do other than talk. Perhaps shut him up as well. The only reason she was talking to him was because she was going to be stuck on this journey with him, Mae, and Balian for who knew how long. The silence would’ve eventually driven her crazy. However, she knew he was a liar despite what he said and already in her book was someone she couldn’t trust. Well… the ‘real’ her couldn’t trust him. Perhaps, this facade could pretend….. unlikely. Every time she thought about it, she remembered how he claimed he was a guard and played her like a violin. He probably had a good laugh at her expense later on. Without realizing it, her nose wrinkled in disgust before straightening itself out.

“I will enjoy my life my way. It is my life after all,” Kyrileir responded. “You are a prince from an opposing kingdom with no influence upon my choices. I will do as I wish, but I will attempt not to make matters worse than they already are. It may not be so obvious, but I want the war to end. If only for my own selfish reasons, I want the war to end.”

Kyrileir paused before she responded to his next comment. She thought about it and weighed what she was going to say. “I believe I could win against you. I’ve heard enough about your fighting style. Yes, I believe I could win against you.”

This time when Kai’s nose wrinkled in disgust, it was on purpose, but slightly forced. “A princess should be able to defend themselves yes if they wish to learn to. If not,” Kyrileir shrugged, “I do not think they are weak if their skill is in negotiating with their words rather than a sword.”

Cocking her head to the side, Kai blinked. “If you have bruises from her, I have learned they are bruises you deserve.”

Fiddling with her thumbs idly, she brushed a strand of her dark hair back behind her ear. It was interesting how he answered her horseback riding question. She asked if he enjoyed it and he answered with yes, but it was something he used to help his people. When she thought about it, she noticed how pieces of his answers came back to a selflessness quality. A show? A game he was playing to try and get her to see him as a selfless man? It wasn’t a game she was going to play or at least one she wasn’t going to let him win.

Kyrileir’s eyes narrowed. “You’re wrong... again. Haven’t you heard the rumor I couldn’t care less about my people because of what happened to my brother? It isn’t a rumor. That one is true,” Kai murmured indifferently. “When I wander amidst my people, it is within a guard and I’m going from one location to another. Why would anyone want to wander amidst their people. There are for more important things to get done. When I am too busy, one of my confidantes mingle with the people to learn and report back to me. Does that answer your question?” Kai asked.

Everything she said… was a partial lie. The rumor was a rumor, but it wasn’t all true. It appeared that way, but what it was based off of was true. When she openly wandered amidst her people, it was within her guard. When she wandered amidst them alone… it was as someone else entirely. So perhaps a partial lie.

locaтιon ☛ inn in Korrin
                    ѕυrroυnded вy ☛ Tairius
                    нealтн ☛ 95%
                    тнoυgнтѕ ☛ he a liar.

• Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items