Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wild Bookworm

KingMemphis
lilloulou
We need the new tagging system first to make things improve. *is totally going through her inventory and double checking it's tags when it's out*

We're aware of the tagging system, and it's on the top of our list to revamp the entire tagging system. Once this is fixed/done, it will make the builder much more effective

Awesome! That will make a huuuuge difference 3nodding Without that overhaul, this potentially good avatar builder won't be as effective as it could be.

Collector Cutie-Pie

still unable to use... not really impressed : /
Avatar Builder still isn't working for me either so I can't do ghosting. ;A;
But I did make a banner/graphic(?) for the thread.

User Image

Alien Invader

When I was fiddling around on it yesterday, it surpassed my expectations, but that's not saying too much. My expectations were pretty nonexistent. I could see it being useful, but its dependence on the tagging system is bizarre to me. I don't get how a releasing a feature dependent on an admittedly faulty system is a good idea.

I'm also not very keen on the all the positions being displayed at all times. I find it rather distracting to look at how ugly my avatar is sitting down from behind. lol That sounds like a personal matter though, eh? haha

I do wish the drop down menus would be alphabetized. I also wish it would show the items we have equipped in our inventory rather than what we have saved.

Celestial Shapeshifter

I admit it has a certain function, but still is neutered in terms of being a primary use tool. I like that it picks up the names of poses in an item which broadens search a bit more, but I'm using this as a just another search function and sticking to the original dressing room to layer my outfits together.
So what do you think?

From what I garner in the thread, it seems cool. A tektek replacement?

Have you tried it out yet?

No it's still on hold.

What did you come up with?

Nothing yet sad

Pixelated Glitch

43,275 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Pixelated Lurker 500
So far I have nothing bad to say about it besides needing the color tag.

It loads fast, It works well. 10/10

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Searching my inventory comes up with no results even though I know there should be items there. sweatdrop

Would also like to search by color.

Other than that it works well enough.

Greedy Drake

Jinglybell
W0LFEH
Jinglybell
W0LFEH
ariichu

NP~! emotion_yatta Haha that's actually where my hesitation came from, too!

I guess "Ghost"-ing is the ability to copy another user's avi? It would be nice if they could code it
so you couldn't be "ghost"-ed if you have your equipped item list turned off.
But yeah, I'm gonna reserve judgement for a bit.
Do you really have to search for items one-by-one or is my invo just not loading? cat_rofl

Awe, well we'll share this thread together! owo
Okay that's what I thought it was, but it never loaded up the other persons avi for me. But it's the first day so I'm just happy that it's finally here. <333
I think you have to search one by one, but if you're vague with your search more things will pop up.

Think the person you are trying to ghost has to have the option clicked to allow it my id is 18832684 if you want to try. Supposedly you have to put 0 to go back to your own stuff btw.

Thank you for the tips! But I think my ghosting is broken. xD I tried with your inventory and nothing loaded. Maybe you can try with mine and take a screen shot if it works? I'll be leaving my avatar builder tab open with ghosting on, in any case that leaving the tab open makes a difference.

Ill try in a bit I get this error atm , probably from too many people trying it:
Permission Error
We are slowly letting Gaian's use this feature. Please try again later.

Was trying to go to my inventory, used to inventory button being where the new avatar button is noticed it was working and got a screenshot of me ghosting you. SO apparently it works now.
User Image

Super Pal

I really wanted to see how my avatar looked like with a male base and... (upper female, lower male)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
There is almost no difference, lol.
Like, as a guy I'd have a hand that's a little bit wider.
Does this mean my avatar is gender fluid? emotion_awesome

Magic GO

errrr I guess I'm going to have to be the negative Nancy here. The loading time sucks. I don't like how it lags a couple of seconds with every item you change into because of the different views displaying all at once. It's the same lag I get whenever I have "show animation" on while I'm dressing my avi on the current dress-up page. I always turn off animation until the very end because I prefer to just zip around with my items. I'm hoping we get a choice to use the new or old versions when it is released. Sorry, I'm not a fan of fixing what isn't broken.

On the upside of things, it is pretty interesting to see what our avis look like with different genders/skins.

18,875 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Mariu
Catz95
Mariu
Maybe I'm being slow, but I don't see my base? (Dark Vampire 2k13). I also don't get how I'm supposed to choose what I want to wear? This is all very confusing, do I have to manually search for everything?
I don't think the newer vampire skins are an option yet. I keep looking for it but I think it's forgotten. I use the light one. Hopefully it'll be added soon.
I feel like gaia ignores the new vampire skins, they never use them when it's for stuff like fantasy arms.

The same goes for the Light Dark Elf skin, the other Dark Elf skins have been used every now and then when gaia made arm mods, but they never use mine >.<...

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
I love that the avatar builder recognizes that I am in paw form automatically. That's very nice. biggrin

I do appreciate being able to change the background color because these little starts I'm wearing for instance is hard to see at times with a white background. Plus it allows me to see details better.

Only thing I don't like is that it shifts up and down which makes me choose the wrong item lol. It's on me to get used to it but having it stationary would be nice lol

The Committee Staff Grabber

6,850 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Millionaire 200
  • nuGen Staff 25
ariichu

Here's a screenshot I took of what ghosting looks like. I haven't really played with it, but this feature seems cool. 3nodding
User Image

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Well I'm back in again today. So time to see if I can find a pet that layers with my Object head. emotion_awesome

One complaint I have is that searching 'star' and 'pet' doesn't give me just Kitten Stars, but I think that's just an issue of the tagging system. sweatdrop

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces