Welcome to Gaia! ::

Masterful Scrounger

14,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Wall Street 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~Nyx~
||☆Helena Ester Caddigan☆||

Before Nyx left the room, she looked for something she could possibly use.
She was in a storage closet, all there was were; brooms, mops, and rags.
"Forget it, I don't need to waste more time than I already have," she said, while wrapping her grappling hook.
She exited the closet, into the hallway, and ran left.

Nyx wasn't sure if she was even going the right way.
Though it didn't matter, because the vault was in the middle tower anyway.
She kept on running, until she turned a corner, and collided with a guard.
"Sod it!"

Nyx got up hurriedly, ran behind the guardswoman, and put her into a chokehold.
While the guard was trying to stand up, she clawed at Nyx to get her to release her.
Eventually her attacks grew half-hearted, then ceased altogether.
She dragged the unconscious guardswoman into an empty room, and set off again.

She ran from room to room, avoiding the guards.
Nyx was growing tired from all running, and dashing.
When she stopped to take a break, some guards turned the corner.
They hadn't seen her yet, so she ran into another empty room to hide.

When they reached her hiding spot, she listened to their conversation.
"You hear? They moved the glove from the vault to the gallery. I wonder why?"
"Why d'you think? The President of Light is coming for the annual peace banquet."
"I forgot about that..."

Nyx didn't listen to the rest of the conversation, she didn't need to.
'Well there goes my plan. Right out the window.'
She needed to figure out how to get back downstairs, and fast.

Anxious Gawker

9,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Marathon 300
User Image
屮Kira Smith屮
"Don't wanna hear about it"
"Every single one's got a story to tell"

Kira walked through the halls listening to the sound of her heels as the clicked against the floor. She held her clip board of lists and paper work that needed to be filed before the President even was allowed to set foot here. Her blonde hair was braided behind her swaying as she stepped down to the throne room.

She got a few glances as expected, not many people from the Land of Light liked to be in Dark, let alone explored it's palace. The architecture was exquisite here she had to admit the panels. She turned to see a few boys staring at her and she frowned quickly closing herself of in an adjacent room changing her appearance with her magic to some one with black hair so she didn't cause so many glances.

She walked back out glad to see no one was paying her any mind anymore and she continued to the throne room.

"Just sign the papers Kira, then you don't have to visit this wretched kingdom."She muttered under her breath as she changed her appearance back so the guard would let her into the throne room.

"And if I catch it comin' back my way, I'm gonna serve it to you"
"And that ain't what you want to hear, But that's what I'll do"

Blessed Loiterer

Thomas Livestien

Health: 100%
Energy: 83%
Weapons: Sabre, and a pistol.

The air smelled of vomit and wasted labor. Since the announce of peace most of the soldiers decided that wasting their life was a good idea so they left the military to go and work for the city. Thomas placed his fingers in his pockets and grinned, two guards nodded at him as he walked through the large doors, there, hundreds of men began to march in a symbolic form. Order, how he loved, Order. However he hated Orders. They gave him restrictions, boundaries.

Thomas made it up the staircase, up to the floor where the artifact was located, he understood why it was placed there as the Banquet was happening and its original resting place would become quite inconvenient and distracting, wouldn't want to rub our victory in their face.

Military power... Thomas shook his head, he was day dreaming, he came to the room where the glove was located, he looked in and grinned. It looked to him as if the guard was sitting alert and ready, nothing for him to worry about, or she would if her eyes were not closed. Thomas flicked his hat and shouted at the guard. "Should you not be watching the glove?"

silentharley
Hope this is okay, just thought that maybe Thomas could come by and spook her and then go away and your character would go back to sleep?"

Anxious Gawker

9,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Marathon 300
User Image
˚°◦Violet Taylor◦°˚
"They say we are what we are"
"But we don't have to be."

Violet jumped at the sudden noise arms about to fly to her holster when she saw the soldier at the door. She became slightly embarrassed before shrugging it off. "No sir, but I'd be able to stop anyone easy if they were about to take it. " She smirked a little before using her powers to take shadows off of the display and create a wall that would fit the door frame.

"There is only so many times I can stare at that gold stitching and contemplate my life with out going insane." She added turning to see who had yelled at her. She paled a little recognizing Thomas from rumors she had heard from her other co-workers in the palace. She shook her head and returned to her level face refusing to display any fear.

"I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame."
"I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams."

Rupert Part-time Decayed
Works for me! ^0^

Blessed Loiterer

Thomas Livestien

Well thankfully for the girl he was in a good mood. Thomas grinned, he placed a finger on her chin. Order, how he loved order. For a moment, it looked like Thomas was admiring the woman when in reality he was looking for her symmetry, anything that stated she was somewhat organized.

"I would hate it if you fell asleep again." Thomas placed his hands behind his back and wondered if there was anyway possible that he could, find entertainment in an instant, something to spend his free time on. Though, walking through a hallway got Thomas to remissness about the Older War days. Thomas was one of the army's first officers. He was on the lines commanding soldiers, and taking out the enemy. The Light's known Thomas as a bloody mess. He blew people up, leaving empty husks of skin and bone. Taking out the blood from the body ripping away at any tissue in its path.

Thomas shook his head as he nearly bashed into a door frame, he sighed, and cursed to himself. He sat down on a small wooden bench and pulled out a history book. Telling about some old Kings and the orgrin of the fight between Light and Dark.

silentharley

Anxious Gawker

9,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Marathon 300
User Image
˚°◦Violet Taylor◦°˚

Violet blinked staring at the man a little shocked to see him lifting her chin to look at her. Once that passed it turned into a frown. She was about to say something she would regret when he retracted his finger. She took in a calm breath trying to level herself. "I'll do my best to avoid doing so." she said half honestly. She waited for him to slip out before letting her body relax again.

She stared at the glove sighing wishing she could have started some form of fight or battle. Recently it had been a little too much marching and watching. She stretched her legs out bellow her slowly feeling her self drift away to sleep yet again. Eventually she was knocked out and her own spell faded away.

Masterful Scrounger

14,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wall Street 200
~Nyx~

Nyx was sitting in a guest bedroom that was very opulent.
The cream bed sheets were embroidered with green, and silver thread.
She was sitting at a desk that was made from a light wood, to match the dresser.

Nyx wondered if this was a result of Dark slowly conforming to Light's ways.
She smirked at the thought of the empire succumbing to the power of The Light.
"That would be a grand day indeed."

The clock tower interrupted her thoughts with it's hourly chime.
Nyx forgot how long she's been in the palace, so she listened in.
It chimed it's tune, and it rung once.
'I've been here for two hours? It feels as if I've been here for only twenty minutes.'

Nyx stood up from her chair, and peered out into the hall.
The hall was silent, not a guard to be seen.
She stepped out cautiously, and decided to take it a bit more slowly.

Surprisingly enough, there wasn't any guards upstairs at all.
At first Nyx assumed they all went to have luncheon, but that didn't make sense.
"Something else more important must have come up."
She figured it was best not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Anxious Gawker

9,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Marathon 300
User Image
屮Kira Smith屮
"Don't wanna hear about it"
"Every single one's got a story to tell"

The guards, after a series of pat downs and questioning, allowed Kira into the throne room. She was surprised to see a collection of people had been in the audience, heavily armed people to be specific. She blinked surprised to see the Emperor already on his throne with a scribe besides him.

"Welcome Ms. Smith to my Castle and my land." Kira fought the idea of bringing up the fact that she had been in his kingdom for a day and his castle a night. At least in Light they had the decency to welcome you as you arrive. Nonetheless she bowed to the king raising and arm to the side as a good gesture. "Thank you for accommodating me Your Majesty I am honored to be in your presence. The decor in my room had made everything feel like home and it was much appreciated" She kept an even tone and face as she was made famous for doing.

"I am pleased yet some what doubtful to hear that." he commented sighing at her. "Nonetheless you have access to all of the areas necessary for planning out the ball and a set of guards with you at all times." Kira blinked in response to the request of guards. "With all do respect sir I work better without someone looking over my shoulder, the Presidents escape routes must not be.."

"The guards will be there to protect you as well as ensure no one else can see those instructions" Kira nodded as the Emperor's voice seemed to be growing impatient.

"And if I catch it comin' back my way, I'm gonna serve it to you"
"And that ain't what you want to hear, But that's what I'll do"

Blessed Loiterer

Thomas Livestien

Thomas shook his head, "Well soldier, straighten your hair, you look like a mut. We have highly respected guests." If Taylor payed attention to the man's own figure, she could see his Jacket clearly bloody and dangling over his shoulders. He himself, wasn't quite all that clean, you could say he could use a little bit of order in his own apparel, either way, the man tipped his hat to the woman and gave her a little salute.

Thomas walked out the door and ran into some old Nobles that he knew from quite a time ago, a sly smirk across his face as he spoke. Personally he thought they all were complete jerk offs. Thomas placed his hands behind his back and began to play with the blood in the man's veins. It gave a burning Itchy feeling within his blood and it seemed like he was going to vomit from the nausea. How Thomas loved how he could empower the human body. He could rip the Noble apart to if he wanted too. But that was inappropriate.

silentharley

Masterful Scrounger

14,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wall Street 200
~Nyx~

Taking advantage of her fortunate situation, Nyx searched quickly for some stairs that would lead her to the ground floor. After 27 bedrooms, 13 lavatories, and 6 closets she found a staircase that led downstairs.
"Finally," she said with a sigh of relief, and skittered down the stairs.

When she reached her destination, she found herself in another hallway.
Letting out a groan of frustration Nyx set out to find the banquet hall.
There were a few close calls with some servants, but nothing a little hiding couldn't fix.
Eventually Nyx found what she was looking for.

The banquet hall.

She opened the door slowly, so as to not alert anyone who might be inside.
Quietly she snuck in, closing the door behind her, which made a rather loud click.
A female guard that was sleeping in a chair let out a snort in response, and shifted to get more comfortable.

Nyx's gut told her to run, but she'd made it this far, no going back now.
'How should I go about this?'
She thought about a few approaches before settling on walking up to the glove taking it.
'There was no way in hell that I could be caught. Especially with this buffoon on the job.'

She lifted the glass cover ever so gently, and set it on the table quietly.
Nyx took out a small velvet black pouch with drawstrings, and placed the glove inside.
Unfortunately while Nyx was closing the pouch, the guard was stirring about a bit to much.
The guardswoman eventually woke up, and saw Nyx stealing the glove.

"Thief!" Nyx heard her scream.
The guard stumbled out of her chair, continuing to shout "Thief!".
Nyx took off into the hall, trying to put as much distance between her, and the guard.

Anxious Gawker

9,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Marathon 300
User Image
˚°◦Violet Taylor◦°˚

Violet couldn't believe she had actually fallen out of her chair at a time like this. She cursed under her breath before getting to her feet and racing off towards the thief. She could conjure a wall while she was moving it took to much energy. She jumped into the shadows trying to gain some distance on her porting from one to the next.

When she got close enough she hopped out and started to chase her on foot again trying to catch her. Her hands were collecting shadows along the way glowing black with energy.

Masterful Scrounger

14,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wall Street 200
~Nyx~

Nyx's life was very precious to her, so she tried not to pay attention to the dull aching pain that was developing in her feet.
She looked behind her to see how far she'd gotten, and saw Sleepy the guard emerge from the shadows, leaving a trail of shadows behind her while she ran.

Sleepy's hands were coated in a black flame that seemed to leech off of the shadows that surrounded it.
Nyx picked up the pace of her running, she did not want to find out what those flames did.
She needed to find a window, and fast.

Nyx glanced in the rooms that had their doors open for windows.
Unfortunately she wasn't having any luck, so Nyx prayed for help.
'O' Great Shadow I beg of thee, help me escape.'

The Great Shadow heard her prayer, and led her from hall to hall, leading her to a safe way out.
Which was a window of the highest caliber.
Nyx quickly ran up to it, opened it, and looked down.
Beneath was the palace moat ready to dive into.

She prayed thanks to The Great Shadow, climbed onto the sill, gave Sleepy a catty smile, and shouted "Tell the emperor I said hello!".

Anxious Gawker

9,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Marathon 300
User Image
˚°◦Violet Taylor◦°˚

Violet stopped and attempted to form a wall underneath the window's edge. But since she could not see exactly where the thief had jumped she had missed. At first however she thought her magic had worked as she raced over to the window quickly after her. Her face grew red with anger as she realized she had missed.

She had half a mind to jump after her and give chase. But sizing up the drop and the lack of skill and experience Violet had with falling she decided not to. Instead she needed to report this. Tell her boss someone. She released the energy she had been storing up and moved to get to Her Patrol Officer as quick as possible, telling her fellow guards what had happened along the way in an attempt to get the word round quicker.

There was no shame in her face, just anger.

Masterful Scrounger

14,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wall Street 200
~Nyx~

Nyx instantly regretted her decision to jump into the frigid moat, though she reminded herself that it was the only way she could've gotten out safely.
'That still doesn't mean I have to like it!'
She swam as fast as one can in freezing temperatures, silently cursing at the cold.

It didn't take her too long to get to dry land and to remove some unnecessarly wet clothing.
Nyx checked the pouch to make sure the glove was safe.
"Good you're still in there. If I lost you this whole trip would be all for naught!"
With that Nyx climbed up the moat wall.

Thankfully, there wasn't anybody waiting for her when she reached the top.
Nyx found herself on the westernmost part of the palace.
"Did I run through the whole palace?!"
She let out a groan and started running into the city.

The city isn't very populated, because most of The Dark's citizens lived on farms.
Sometimes young people will move into the city to make their fortune, but that doesn't happen very often.
Nyx hated this city, not enough gold to steal, and not enough people to frame.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff