Welcome to Gaia! ::

We're looking for feedback regarding the avatar builder! Let us know what you think, what you want to see, and how we can improve the avatar builder!

One of the projects we will be working on next to improve the avatar builder is a new item tagging feature, this will allow you to be able to easily and more effectively search for items.

ZA3B0S's Waifu

Sexy Garbage

would be good if the item load outs were longer instead of a bunch of pages

Timid Gawker

Is this supposed to be like tektek? If so it's great. However, I hope it doesn't replace how we actually dress our avatar.

Heart Seeker

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I was checking it out, but the only bases are male? Except the animal ones which are genderless, but I was hoping to be able to use a female human base. Other than that, it worked pretty well for me considering there are no instructions on how to use it.

Indulgent Millionaire

14,200 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image

How is the ghosting effect supposed to work?
Will there ever be the option to not allow others to "ghost" you?

I was misunderstanding the ghosting process.

Otherwise, seems pretty cool so far. Still want color organizing. ninja edit: Staff member said we can search by color but that isn't what I, or anyone else mentioning this issue, means. Tektek used to have a dropdown menu to click which vague color you wanted the items to show up as. For instance, I choose "PURPLE" and it would show me everything in every shade of purple, including lavender, lilac, that obnoxious Loyal's purple, etc... There are too many different color tags to search for colors manually, or else we would've all done that by ourselves in the marketplace or where we change our avatars. sweatdrop

Haunting Abomination

24,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Overstocked 200

gaia_star
It'd be good if "View Equipped Market Data" were drag-able to move it to the side. Also the popup is a strange dark gray colour that doesn't seem to fit. If you want to keep the dark gray, I suggest at least changing the link colours to not default blue/purple as it's hard to read.

I also agree that it'd be good to have a list of search results at LEAST twice as long as it is. Best option would be being able to configure it like we can in our inventory.

About colour searching: you can. Just type the colour into the search box ._.;

18,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Generous 100
I enjoyed the avatar builder, although it was annoying to not be able to find out how much the items were to try out.

I could not 'get nekkid'. The buttons, the shadow and see both guys and girls versions, they wouldn't unclick once click, I got lucky when it would finally unclick.

If you could, can you please make it more like TekTek was? Like having a color index, having a hair menu, show what it would look like as agape.

Cocoskitten's Queen

Shameless Recycler

It would be nice to save outfits under a tag, similar to Tektek instead of individual images on the computer.

Also, if there was an item list saved along with the image would be nice too! yum_puddi

Shapeshifter

Sorting Items by color & custom layering would be awesome.

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
Looks nice so far.

Codebreaking Shapeshifter

I'd like to see items sorted by color, in a drop down tab maybe or side bar with red orange yellow etc., so that it is easier when looking for an item you don't know but you know the color.

Questionable Creature

I still think it needs color search and also that the categories to search are a little overly extensive and complicated.

Edit: Just noticed what someone else said. It just says "no items found" when you try to search a category from only your inventory with no search words in the box. I would imagine that's supposed to work the same as when you use the item database.

Suzaku Yo's Queen

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
Hey there! the options you gave us seem great, but can we add another one to look for colors?
White, black, grey, blue, green, pink, purple, and such? Based on the top 2 or 3 dominant colors in the item? (items designed to be all white or all one color can obv stay in the white tag only)

Thing is, I get that we need a tektek replacement, but the ability to search by color was the BIG thing about it
You had one job Gaia, one.
I'd like to see the things i have in my inventory with pictures, without having to start a search first.. It's a lot easier, because i never know which color or item i would like to start with~ I need to see the options i have instead of having to decide what to try and search for first o:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff