Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pyromaniac

How the fk do you pick your colours and how do you contrast them so well? gonk
This is like my biggest weakness. Whenever I look at others' art, the colours they use just make everything pop and here all I wanna do is use black n white if I can because it's easy. :'( Hoooow? How do you know what colours to use and how they'll make whatever you are drawing pop out and blend like that. ugh

Pyromaniac

I NEED ANSWERSSS D:
This is legit a serious question. Blah

Pokehmawn's Husband

Wheezing Gekko

if someone tells you, pls let me know too emotion_zzz

Pyromaniac

starzXnight

It's so hard. I was watching tons of speed painting videos yesterday and I was in awe. Like I don't know how to colour, I mean I do but it always looks flat to me.

Noob

I need to know how to draw well first to know that cry

Pyromaniac

Abinie
I need to know how to draw well first to know that cry

I've never seen your art. May I? o vo

Pokehmawn's Husband

Wheezing Gekko

Prima Aria
starzXnight

It's so hard. I was watching tons of speed painting videos yesterday and I was in awe. Like I don't know how to colour, I mean I do but it always looks flat to me.

i always just use the eyedropper tool to get the base color and then i'll manually tweak it from there tbh >>;;
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

idk
my pinks always look so dull and plain cry

Devoted Cub

I don't know.
I'm a musician.

Pyromaniac

starzXnight
Prima Aria
starzXnight

i always just use the eyedropper tool to get the base color and then i'll manually tweak it from there tbh >>;;

So do I... but it still looks so flat to my eyes crying

Pyromaniac

Maraschinos
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

idk
my pinks always look so dull and plain cry

The struggles

Perfect Star

sometimes I'll use this

color palettes

but maybe you can find a color theory class online/incollege

Barton Citizen

First I color with the current color palette in mind, making sure that each color has it's own layer. Once the image is relatively colored, I can adjust it using Hue/Saturation settings to my liking. Obviously that's for digital images. For traditional art I just deal with it unless it's an oil painting (I can kind of adjust it if it's still relatively wet).

Taking a color theory class also helped, but not necessary.

Pyromaniac

M i c c i n a
sometimes I'll use this

color palettes

but maybe you can find a color theory class online/incollege

Oh s**t o: I should try this palette out. thanks

Pyromaniac

oScarecrowo
First I color with the current color palette in mind, making sure that each color has it's own layer. Once the image is relatively colored, I can adjust it using Hue/Saturation settings to my liking. Obviously that's for digital images. For traditional art I just deal with it unless it's an oil painting (I can kind of adjust it if it's still relatively wet).

Taking a color theory class also helped, but not necessary.

mm I see, I do this already I guess I'm just super picky with the colours and it looks flat to me sometimes. Or I probably just compare my art style too much with others. lol So I'm never satisfied.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff