Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tiny Werewolf

The items themselves can be very nice, though. Do I watch Steven Universe? Not really. Can I enjoy the cosplay items because they are aesthetically pleasing to me? Sure can!

Plus, sometimes cosplays can bring something to the table that has never really been brought before. Like the baby bump, or chubby little legs! 4laugh

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Most of these items seem original to me, since 90% of the references are completely go over my head. sweatdrop So Gaia can keep on doing what they're doing and I'll keep buying the items I like

Dangerous Senshi

13,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
I do enjoy cosplay items even tho I'm not into that fandom. However, I am getting rather sick of Gaia milking popular character from series all the time *cough* Sailor Moon/Serenity *cough*

I wish they considered darker shades of purple for once instead of pastels.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
I think the key is balance. Which seems to be something Gaia still needs to work on. When something is released, we tends to get A LOT of it up to the point one is sick of seeing it. Then we stop to see it for a really long time before seeing some of it again -- if we do see some of it eventually. That abundance is nice if you are liking it, but if it's something you don't like, you ends up being bored for a while. And then, when they stop releasing them, you ends up having to wait so much that you really want to see more of it again -- and even might find the rest being released boring. On another hand, if they don't release stuff in groups, people ends up with nothing to match new stuff with if it's a new set of colors. So, it's really not something easy to organize I fear XD

Romantic Pirate

52,275 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
I love the cosplay items so far. I'd love to see more.

I look forward to more Digimon ones, there's a wide enough variety of creatures that they could do a lot with it. I'd also like to see some shows get more love, like Prince of Tennis or more Kamigami no Asobi.

Feral Diedrich

are you enjoying the constant stream of uncreative cosplay items?

I actually like the cosplay items because I'm a cosplayer IRL

what kind of item would you like to see more of?

I wish they would make more Tokusatsu based items. An Ultraman item would be great!! heart

have recolours become a plague?
I don't mind recolors, but I wish they wouldn't release so many of them. However there's some items that I wish had more color schemes. I do love how they're making more mint/lavender items, the color combo is so pretty heart

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
I don't mind the cosplay items
And I don't mind recolors, that way, everyone gets a chance to get the item they like in their wanted colors

I am only annoyed by recolors of items I don't like, but that's just personal preference stuff
I do prefer cosplay to some of the original ones especially if I like the reference.

Stellar Succubus

Im on the fence about it.

On one hand, I miss original interesting items. On the other, I am enjoying seeing how they manage to make them.

Im mainly sick of Sailor Moon items. The show wasn't ~that~ great. But I guess someone wants them.

In essence though, I sympathise with you, OP. I mean, yes, of course folks here will downvote this topic because they love cosplay items, and that's good that they do. Of course there's a market for it. But I think most folks are missing the boat. The OP is also saying they miss gaia original items which are losing out in favour of cosplay items, which I do also.

Magic Hobo

Not to put too fine a point on it, OP, but if you don't like cosplay items you're probably on the wrong site.

my main problem with all the cosplay items is how much of it is from confusing boring trash anime with boring trash anime character designs. So many reference items, none of them distinguishable from Gaia's 'original content' items...

Eloquent Muse

If I like an item, I'll buy it, regardless if it's a cosplay or not. I probably use cosplays without even realizing it. They aren't all uncreative. Some of the Pokemon ones are pretty damned creative. Like Vaporeon and Jigglypuff. I didn't even know there was a Jigglypuff until someone pointed it out, despite having seen it before.

My exception is something like Sailor Moon. There are only so many ways you can design Usagi's family. There are a slew of other characters in the series fans would love to see. I want to see the lady villians, personally. I'd love to see Catsy and her sisters. Bah, I'm always so bad at names, even if I'm a fan.
•♥•
I'm only bummed that there's no DB/DBZ items. u__u It's an old series, with a huuuuge fanbase, just released a new movie last year, another new movie just hit theaters in Japan and will be coming out dubbed this summer, plus there's reportedly gonna be a continuation of the series.

Sailor Moon got buttloads of new inspired items, I think because of Crystal, so why not DBZ? ; n ; WHY NOT DBZ??

Really though, cosplay items aren't bad. It's only technically a cosplay if you wear the whole set. Plenty of people use individual poses of a cosplay item in their own original way. O_O I could be wearing a cosplay/inspired item right now and I don't even know because I'm not familiar with it and just liked a pose!

I also personally LOVE recolors. I'm a person who will see lots of different items, at different times, and like a pose, but wonder why that item/pose isn't available in a different color! Especially hair items. There's a number of hair items that I wish were in black or off-black, because those are the hair colors I use most. Or a certain pose of an item that's an accessory! I've been wishing like hell for a Cheerful Bravery recolor with a WHITE hair bow! Recolored help an item appeal to a lot more people, and also help an item to match with a lot more other items and make a lot more epic avatars!

Even if you don't know of or care for a certain fandom, you should still browse through the cosplay items, because you really might find a pose or two that you can use in other ways. :3

i actually give pros
to the gaia touch esp on
the eevee set s**t (especially flareon's hair!)
yeah, i kinda wish they'd focus on
gaia focused theme s**t
like gaia manga related items

kauma16's Honey Bun

Gracious Creature

i just want more toxic items. But either you gotta earn them from RIGS or bundles. //sigh//

I guess the amount of references back to tv shows/ movies / anime now-a-days is over bearing.
It'll be refreshing to see gaia make something original. But then I also have a problem with a lot of the male fashion that is more on the uni-sex feminine side.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
I prefer homages to complete cosplay, but it's cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash