Welcome to Gaia! ::

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Update:

So I got a super expensive Brazillian Blowout. My hair was lovely for the first day. The second evening I washed it with the special sulfate free shampoo and upon drying half of my head had its frizz back. The other half sort of has it but not as much.

I'm going to demand a refund but seriously, I just wanted normal hair for once ;n;

--Original post---

I definitely need to get something done to my hair and I've been reading I can about both treatments trying to figure out the difference but I can't..

Has anyone had either treatment done? Could you tell me about it?

I have mostly straight hair with a light wave but I've been washing it every day for ten years and I think I killed it. I have a magical cloud of frizz that forms around my head when it dries no matter how much i try argon oil, blowing, leaving in conditioner..etc

------Update for anyone wondering what the Brazillian Blow Out is
about 4 hours long - about $300.00

1- the hair is washed 3x with a sulfate free shampoo

2- the stylist coats is with the brazilian serum. She did mine with a paintbrush and separated my hair into sections. It took a very very long time.

3- I'm already forgetting the exact order but it was blow dried, then flat ironed, then a mask was put in. After 10 minutes that mask was washed out. Then it was blow dried then flat ironed again. --The end.

The salon I went to said the only difference between the Brazilian and the keratin is that the Brazilian is faster and you can get it wet immediately after. I don't know if thats really the only difference. I'd like to hear about results from other people who've tried either treatment.

Feral Raider

Embrace your waves, straightening hair is costly when getting it done in a salon and time consuming if you do it at home. Don't wash your hair everyday, that strips the natural oils from your hair which help condition naturally. Try the keratin but without straightening, get your hair looking healthy before doing anything major.

Shameless Man-Lover

I would recommend a keratin treatment to help strengthen your hair. But, it's not going to do s**t if you don't get the dead stuff cut off and start taking care of your hair at home too.

Don't wash your hair every day. Try to work up to every two-three days. Use dry shampoo to save your hair and plenty of hats during the process of not washing your hair as much; it takes about a month for things to settle and for your hair to stop freaking out too much. Use leave in conditioners out of the shower, the spray kind, and put your hair up in a towel for about ten minutes with the leave in conditioner to help it soak in. Try not to use a lot of heat on your hair. Let it dry naturally most of the way, then blast it with the hair dryer for a few minutes to straighten it out if you want a straight look. And always use a heat protector!

If you need any product recommendations, feel free to ask me~

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
this rainbow lover
I would recommend a keratin treatment to help strengthen your hair. But, it's not going to do s**t if you don't get the dead stuff cut off and start taking care of your hair at home too.

Don't wash your hair every day. Try to work up to every two-three days. Use dry shampoo to save your hair and plenty of hats during the process of not washing your hair as much; it takes about a month for things to settle and for your hair to stop freaking out too much. Use leave in conditioners out of the shower, the spray kind, and put your hair up in a towel for about ten minutes with the leave in conditioner to help it soak in. Try not to use a lot of heat on your hair. Let it dry naturally most of the way, then blast it with the hair dryer for a few minutes to straighten it out if you want a straight look. And always use a heat protector!

If you need any product recommendations, feel free to ask me~
Thanks for the advice. I did read a lot about hair care and I've really been doing everything recommended. I'm just frizzy ..I mean, my mother's got the most intense frizz i've ever seen so i'm starting to think there's nothing I can do at this point. I actually did get a brazillian keratin treatment two days ago and it was nice for one day and voila, all the frizz popped up again..

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
LunaShayde
Embrace your waves, straightening hair is costly when getting it done in a salon and time consuming if you do it at home. Don't wash your hair everyday, that strips the natural oils from your hair which help condition naturally. Try the keratin but without straightening, get your hair looking healthy before doing anything major.
thanks for your reply. Yeah, I do like the waves I have but the frizz is terrible. I've just recently started to not wash my hair every day-- but my sister doesn't wash every day and her hair is just as frizzy as mine.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
So I got a super expensive Brazillian Blowout. My hair was lovely for the first day. The second evening I washed it with the special sulfate free shampoo and upon drying half of my head had its frizz back. The other half sort of has it but not as much.

I'm going to demand a refund but seriously, I just wanted normal hair for once ;n;

Wealthy Giver

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Hi, I'm from Brazil, my tip is if the procedure doesn't allow you to wash your hair for 24h or more than it will be more effective. So think about that when choosing your next procedure.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Natalia Pessoa
Hi, I'm from Brazil, my tip is if the procedure doesn't allow you to wash your hair for 24h or more than it will be more effective. So think about that when choosing your next procedure.
that sounds logical. Ok! I'm reluctant to try again though.

Wealthy Giver

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
I SO VERY----- I
Natalia Pessoa
yet when you find a good procedure you will be super happy.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Natalia Pessoa
I SO VERY----- I
Natalia Pessoa
Yeah, I don't have the money to keep trying though.

Wealthy Giver

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
I SO VERY----- I
Natalia Pessoa
I SO VERY----- I
Natalia Pessoa
Yeah, I don't have the money to keep trying though.

Search for hair salons with before and after, either on facebook or from the professional. Search people's reviews and so on. Honestly good luck and keep the washing rule in mind <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff