Yay! 1 100.0% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 24 ]
1 2 >

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I've done a little research of my own but people tend to use abbreviations of the titles which was confusing me. All I really know about the series is that Link is the green person and that an ocarina is a musical instrument. And what the Triforce symbol looks like.

So yeah. I'm looking for an easier one to start with. I don't have great hand-eye coordination and my fine motor skills aren't great either. So my definition of "easy" is probably more pronounced than some peoples.

More background: the only games I'm really good at are the Disney ones based on the films and Pokemon. And I've got a Nintendo 3DS.

Thank you in advance for suggestions and recommendations smile

Tipsy Tipper

9,350 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
You've never played one?...

What system do you have?

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
What system(s) do you have? You feel like playing 2D or 3D? Would you prefer games with a light or a dark theme?

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Azure Poison
You've never played one?...

What system do you have?

Oh right, sorry, I have a 3DS. And no, I've never played one. Legitimately not sure how I've managed that considering I've had several friends obsessed with the games sweatdrop

Tipsy Tipper

9,350 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Well, I've only played them on Gameboy or N64, which I thought were the best versions of the games...

I don't really like the look of any of the newer ones.

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
YunaSama
What system(s) do you have? You feel like playing 2D or 3D? Would you prefer games with a light or a dark theme?

3DS, just added that to the OP because I completely forgot to mention it. I don't mind about theme but I prefer 2D as 3D messes with me.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
cre8ive_ovadose
YunaSama

3DS, just added that to the OP because I completely forgot to mention it. I don't mind about theme but I prefer 2D as 3D messes with me.

Well, that makes it easy... The only actual 2D 3DS Zelda game is A Link Between Worlds... But if you like to go old school, I'm pretty sure the old GameBoy Color Zelda games are on the E-shop too (but those are pretty hard though)... cat_3nodding

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
YunaSama
cre8ive_ovadose
YunaSama

Well, that makes it easy... The only actual 2D 3DS Zelda game is A Link Between Worlds... But if you like to go old school, I'm pretty sure the old GameBoy Color Zelda games are on the E-shop too (but those are pretty hard though)... cat_3nodding

Okay, ignoring the 2D preference, which ones would you recommend? And I read somewhere that Phantom Hourglass was pretty easy - thoughts?

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
cre8ive_ovadose
YunaSama
cre8ive_ovadose
YunaSama

Okay, ignoring the 2D preference, which ones would you recommend? And I read somewhere that Phantom Hourglass was pretty easy - thoughts?

I have no experience with the 2 DS Zelda games since I'm more into the darker theme's... So I can't really give an opinion on those, sorry... The only thing I can tell you is that Ocarina of Time is really good in terms of plot and gameplay with a beautiful world to explore, and Majora's Mask would be the perfect choice if you're into creepy games where you'll be playing around with time a lot (but this one is significantly harder in my opinion)... As for Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass, try looking it up online or wait for someone who has bin playing those to show up here... cat_sweatdrop

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
YunaSama
cre8ive_ovadose
YunaSama
cre8ive_ovadose
YunaSama

I have no experience with the 2 DS Zelda games since I'm more into the darker theme's... So I can't really give an opinion on those, sorry... The only thing I can tell you is that Ocarina of Time is really good in terms of plot and gameplay with a beautiful world to explore, and Majora's Mask would be the perfect choice if you're into creepy games where you'll be playing around with time a lot (but this one is significantly harder in my opinion)... As for Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass, try looking it up online or wait for someone who has bin playing those to show up here... cat_sweatdrop

Okie dokie smile Thanks for your help mrgreen

Sparkly Kitten

I would have to say to play Ocarina of Time because that's a classic and is considered one of the best Zelda games in the series.
Though I guess it's not the easiest, I can't really think of an easy Zelda game.
They all have puzzles to solve in their dungeons.

You asked about Phantom Hourglass. I think it's ok
But that game requires you use the touch screen and stuff, which I hate motion controls and stuff, I just prefer to press buttons, so I didn't like that game as much.
Also in Phantom Hourglass, there's a dungeon that you visit like 5 freaking times and I hated going to the same dungeon over and over again.
Spirit Tracks is similar, and I didn't even finish that game because I can't play the spirit flute to save my life.

Maybe Zelda: A Link Between Worlds would be fun for you?
It seemed easier to me.
Other Zelda games that I recommend are Wind Waker (for the WiiU, not sure if you have) and Majora's Mask. They just released that remake for Majora's Mask on the 3DS a few months ago.

Liberal Hunter

I recommend that you play The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker(the new released version)

Ruthless Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
even if you think your not the best at games, if you want a good plot and amazing gameplay go for Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess. although Ocarina of Time is easier than Twilight Princess.

But if you wanna stick to something easy, try Wind Waker.

Dainty Daredevil

15,950 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200
since you have a 3ds, i have to suggest both ocarina of time and majora's mask. the updated graphics looks really pretty, and i have both and am enjoying them thoroughly. i had played oot before but not mm, but i still like them both a lot.
The revamped version of Majora's Mask for the 3DS or A Link Between Worlds.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff