Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you got as much catching up to do as me?

Yes. RWARGH THIS MEANS WAR 0.63333333333333 63.3% [ 19 ]
No, I was sensible and did my daily words :P 0.36666666666667 36.7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]

Revered Nerd

Padre: ... I guess it is morning. It goes apparently quickly. Also, while contemplating three legged races and various fantasy things. Also the cc is up again.

Jade: Totally. I have to say that whole thing was fun. Namri rarely gets to actually get in an allout drag out brawl.

Also, tipped your post here since I can't tip in the cc.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Whims - It was definitely fun.

And thanks! I'm glad Svana can entertain.

Lily - All the time. Story of my life.

Fanatical Cultist

Lily - Haven't seen you around before; nice to meet you! I am an occasional lurker.

Whimsi - Are we talking tripedal species or legitimate three-legged races? I'm leaning towards the first due to context and if so that's a nifty idea; haven't read about too many of those. If it's the latter I am curious about the purpose.

I think I'll avoid the CC for now~

Illuminated Vampire

Phade: Oh, I've been around maybe...hum. A couple weeks I think? I'm certainly one of the fresher faces, though I've had accounts on Gaia since 2006. I was gone from the site for a long time in between, however.

Pleased to meet you.

Revered Nerd

Lily: Yes. And given my addressing of Phade as Padre other things happen as well.

Jade: Svana is always entertaining.

Phade: Legit three-legged races... and I have characters who are missing legs... it started off with how arm wrestling contests would work with characters who are missing hands and it was mostly "this popped into my head so I'll entertain the idea"

Although three legged things, might have to give Al the idea to mess with there. Wouldn't be surprised to see him develop one given the chance.

Nuclear Werewolf

Eck. Not asleep yet. May or may not be a lost cause, but that shouldn't interfere with errands and tasks today. And I thought I'd be getting more rest on leave...

Whimsi: Ah, that one. The Curse of Chalion by Lois McMaster Bujold, because she's very possibly my favorite writer of all time. I finished all the sci fi books she has out currently, and turns out she has a handful of fantasy novels, too. This is the first of three books in this particular setting, though the last one is apparently set several hundred years and many miles away in another nation from the first two.

BAFC? Maybe. I want to try that for one of my alien planets, probably Ktchn, though maybe others, too, eventually. Aytali may just have an encyclopedia inspired by BACF prompts, since I already have that project started, at least. Hexus, maybe, someday, but I only have the one story due to be set there at the moment.

Always open to brainstorming and such. Usually I'm the person getting ideas bounced off of, but it should be fun, anyway! Certainly be useful for research purposes and building that conworld, or, like, catching flaws in logic or the magic system or local politics or whatever.

Aurin: Eating? Interest doubly-piqued in the CC, now.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Al - Sorry, mate, but you missed the excitement. That was an event from the last CC during Camp.

Illuminated Vampire

I find word blocks even more frustrating than writer's block because I feel I SHOULD know the word and when my mind just spews back gibberish instead of the word, I get really angry with myself.

Alberic: Leave from what? As in military leave?

Revered Nerd

Al: Oh. Gonna add it to the list of things then.

I keep forgetting how many things you have to world build. The sheer number of things you have sounds exhausting, I have no idea how you keep up with them all.

Definitely useful.

Also, the eating thing, yeah, from the camp CC. The one where Namri decided Terteky-kins would object to being skinned and turned into clothes.

Nuclear Werewolf

Aurin: This last Camp? I was there for that one. None before that, however.

Whimsi: Tripedalism would be an interesting challenge, given that people (myself included) tend to have bilateral bias. Radial symmetry is exotic and probably pretty fun. Ooh, or some sort of fusion of one or more limbs on a creature with bilateral symmetry. Or even trilateral symmetry.

[edit] Eh, it's basically just the two continuities: the science fiction one and the fantasy one. And all the smut, of course, but that's it's own thing. Fantasy one is a lot smaller, especially since all my sci fi is canon to each other, unless it's AU. May as well decide that early on (ish) than wait until I have decades of completed works under my belt, and then try to tie them all together...

/looks pointedly at Heinlein and Stephen King.

Lily: Yup. I happen to be in the navy, though I'm on vacation for now.

Fanatical Cultist

Whimsi - Why is it you always have the insane and or obscure ideas going on? cat_whee

Lily - I only pop in once in a while anymore. I only tend to be somewhat active in the WF/Nano Threads during legit Nano.

High-functioning Noob

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
jade/whims: lawl, i had actually completely forgotten about the part about him eating the waitress the last time i threw him in there. XD however, that was because Nadire came in and ******** everything up so he just kinda said '******** it, i'm hungry' and bam, bar brawl, but with magic.

this is Dmitri still undercover for the most part so he's not going to risk anything by being violent to any degree. that, and Zehra isn't either. honestly i have no clue what i'm even writing them into, but we'll find out shortly. XD

al: i could have sworn you were present for that. Russian spy cannibalist meets enemy Turkish assassin that ******** up his cover?

whims: you have now inspired me to do a missing limb count. i have... one character that loses a bit of mobility/functionality in his right hand, one character that feigns missing his right hand, and another character that loses his arm from the elbow down. other handicaps include a mentally disabled character, two characters that are permanently five years old, and a character with marred color vision and that also does not speak for a very long time. currently i have someone with a shoulder injury, but he'll get over it fine. i already stabbed him in the beginning of the book, he should be used to this by now.
i feel like i need to add in more disabilities now.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Illuminated Vampire

Phade: Actually, I kinda stumbled here on accident. I was working with my main account to get the tipping achievement and I didn't want to tip randomly. At first I tried GD (I knew better than to even look at Chatterbox) but didn't find a lot, and switched to ED, but a lot of ED things seemed like they should have been in GD. So I went down the list and found the writer's forum and poked my nose in, since it was something I was interested in I hoped that there would be more to tip. And then I got a bit hooked.

Revered Nerd

AL: radial symmetry sounds like fun to try and figure out.

Still more than I have. And definitely way better to start early than do it later.

Phade: HEY, AL comes up with just as much weird s**t as I do. AND because the insane and obscure ones are fresh and new and not usually overdone. Plus, it makes sense when I'm thinking about it.

Tol: Well, I look forward to seeing him in this go around of the cafe.

Oh god.... I got through ten characters trying to count that stuff up in a document and gave up. (Given the impressive tallies in the injury sheet though, I doubt that that's much of a surprise though.)

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

I'm passing out. night all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out