Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you got as much catching up to do as me?

Yes. RWARGH THIS MEANS WAR 0.63333333333333 63.3% [ 19 ]
No, I was sensible and did my daily words :P 0.36666666666667 36.7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]

Illuminated Vampire

Question: I didn't see anything in the CC rules about pose order or how many poses I should wait through for posing again. I know when I MUSH, if there's multiple people in a scene, we usually go by the three pose rule, unless it's a conflict TP. Anyhow, a MUSH is different because it's closer to real time and you can usually tell if someone has disconnected, so I'm wondering what the rule of thumb is here.

Revered Nerd

AL: Well, if they use a prosthesis?

Also, yes. Like, magic is common place. Then it's gonna be everywhere like plastic and electricity.
Also mundane magic. I LOVE mundane magic uses. Think the favorites I've done are shaving and then marking cards and tampering with dice because beauty regimes and then cheating are two things that people will try to mess with.

Lily: Extending the figure of speech/ continuing any kind of conversation that follows along the lines of me dating anything.

Illuminated Vampire

whimsi: I apologize. I have a little bit of trouble getting a read on you to be honest. But it's not ever my intention to upset/offend anyone. Does the problem lie in the fact that it was about dating something, or the fact that I took a figure of speech on an extensive trip? Or, if it's both, which was more bothersome. I try to get along with folks, but I keep getting this feeling that I'm rubbing you the wrong way somehow... Using quotes, too many emotes, etc.

Nuclear Werewolf

Whimsi: A... singular prosthesis that can accommodate two limbs?

Yenius. emotion_kirakira

Ah, such good stuff to think about. Or, really, any sort of non-Standard Generic Euro-Centric High Fantasy Setting(c). Like, the book that I'm reading and being an unrepentant fanboy over? Low-magic setting, but gods and demons and rituals are a thing, and it's so delicious. Or, Liavek, and their luck-based magic system with investiture and stuff. Also an awesome setting, just because it's so unique.

My werewolf fic is kinda Typical Euro-Centric, I think, but more slavic and greek influences, I hope. Eh, at least with the names. Not sure if it's a high or low fantasy, but there's shamanism and spirits and all that good stuff. Also dragons and drakes, as per another short which I need to write which I determined may as well be in the same world, if not the same region.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Lily - About your question of the CC, it's because there is no real rule of thumb. It's advised to use common sense and post at your own discretion when you feel it's appropriate.

Illuminated Vampire

Aurin: Alright. Kitten has been gone for a while, and Adler said he was going to bed. I think that leaves you, me and Tole for now.

Revered Nerd

Mynoris: Mostly the dating thing.
And sorry if I came off that way, was just trying to help you figure out the thread since you kept saying you felt like you were doing s**t wrong.

Al: Two limbs, given the prosthetic one of the characters has, yes, that could be something they'd have.

Are you gonna share the name of the book or keep it to yourself? (Unless you've already told me and it's in the list of things I need to get around to getting.)

Slavic and Greek is definitely not standard western Europe s**t, so I think it'd be safe to say it's a deviation from it. Although high and low tends to also be what the plot's about. So you could probably also have both set in the same world, depending on the story.

Illuminated Vampire

whimsi: Okay. Again, I'm sorry. But I suppose since I've kinda been through the dating thing, gotten married, and then divorced I didn't think much that it would be anything to unsettle people. Egocentrism can be a terrible thing, but it's also hard to always be on guard against it. I'll try to remember this in the future.

Nuclear Werewolf

Lily: I need to be getting to sleep here shortly though.

Whimsi: Hm. Be an interesting sort of symbiosis, if this became a regular thing.

My singular fantasy novella-thing? Working title is Demonaic, but I'm open to suggestions or changes. Not that there's much to it, yet, maybe between one and thee thousand words or so. I was supposed to work on it for SuWriMos two years ago, I believe, but, eh, nuke school kind of put a damper on that.

Need to develop the setting and stuff more, and the characters. Still have a working idea for the plot, and of course the mechanism for the therianthropy and the shamanistic stuff, but it still feels gross and doughy in my head.

High-functioning Noob

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
al: the civilization stage is a bag of dicks. i wish you could just bypass it altogether. >w>

lily: yeah, there really are no rules to posting frequency. for me personally, i've got two characters, one of which is totally unfleshed, and the other one is fleshed out but their interactions aren't at all. so most of my posts will just be geared at me getting a feel for them and their relationship at this point. however, anyone feel free to jump in and approach them. they are forbidden from partaking in any violence. XD plus, i need to see how dmitri reacts to her more.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Illuminated Vampire

Alberic: Well, I hope you have a good sleep then.

Tole: That makes sense. As for my character, well, she's unlikely to do anything violent at this point. She just learned some very disturbing information and she's pretty upset. That and she was pretty sheltered growing up, so teaching her to fight never came up.

Revered Nerd

Mynoris: Seeing as I have no desire to date and have spent the past week and a half listening to family tell me I need to, yeah, it's kind of "unsettling".

Also, unless the discussion directly relates to writing, I tend to not respond if I can't think of a way to bring it back around. (I know I've not responded to several of your posts because of that, or just because I couldn't think of anything to say. Probably won't respond further on this.)

AL: If it was a thing. The two characters involved in this hypothetical scenario live 500 or so years apart. Although I'm also wondering what would happen if they just took off the fake limb and used someone else. (ALSO, could say a dog missing a leg go solo in a three legged race?)

No, the one you're fanboying about and won't shut up about the awesome world building. It's piqued my interest.

Although always fun to hear about your s**t. Could it be a possible candidate for the BAFC? Also, you know, always just bringing it up in the thread will let us sink our teeth and claws into it and we'll ask you ALL the questions to help you make it less doughy.

TOL: It's quite interesting seeing Dmitri like this. He's kind of stuck in my head as eating that waitress and fighting Namri.

Fanatical Cultist

Mornin', Lovelies.

How goes?

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Torly/Whims - Ahaha, Dmitri eating that waitress (and not even in the good way) was hilarious. Highlight of the CC. xD

Illuminated Vampire

Argh! I was having a word block. I hate getting those, and they're much more frequent since my meningitis.

Anyhow, I kept chanting to myself the similar words I could think of, and it just stayed on the tip of my brain, but I couldn't grasp it. (Modify, edit, code, setup.)

Does anyone else have that happen a lot?

whimsi: Yeah, I could see that. And it's okay if you don't respond further. I feel bad for bringing it up, but in my defense, I couldn't have known that was going on in your life.

Phade: Hello there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces