Welcome to Gaia! ::

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Quote:

This resignation letter, quite literally, takes the cake.

“I handed in the most delicious letter of resignation ever,” Mark Herman, newscast director at KOLD-TV in Tucson, Arizona, wrote on Reddit Friday, sharing the photograph of his sugary letter on the social news site.

Herman told Jim Romenesko that he decided to print his resignation letter on a cake to soften the blow of his announcement.

“I knew they’d be disappointed in my departure,” he said. “So I decided that I should resign via cake -- not only because nobody can be mad or sad at a cake, but also because I’m a bit of a joker and a cake of resignation is pretty damn hilarious.”

Herman, who will taking up the role of automation director at WKRN-TV in Nashville, Tennessee, said his boss was gleefully surprised by the “letter” -- a white cake with strawberry filling.

“She laughed and said, ‘No way! You crack me up!’ … She took it over to the 2 o’clock news meeting and made the announcement to everyone. We all had a good laugh, and it was a great way to start a Friday,” Herman told Romenesko. “The cake definitely made the bad news a little bit more palatable.”

This isn’t the first time that someone has chosen to print their resignation letter on a cake. Last year, The Guardian reported that Chris Holmes, an immigration officer at Stansted Airport in England, wrote his resignation letter with icing on a home-baked spiced carrot cake. In his letter, he explained that he was leaving his job to spend more time with his family and to devote more energy to his side business -- cake-making.

Source

And the sweet, sweet, yummy resignation cake:

User Image

Why can't I have thoughtful co-workers who turn in resignation letters on wonderful edible pastry instead of boring paper? whee

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Better have been a ******** ice cream cake.

Hilarious Puppy

A resignation cake?! Awwww, that's adorably diabolical! How can you be mad at a guy who just got you a cake for wanting to leave? You can't!

Undead Enchantress

I'm now hungry...for some resignation brrraaaaiiiinnnnsss cake.

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
I think this should be the new standard for resignation letters.

I want some cake now. crying

Kawaii Shoujo

Mmmmmmm..... I definitely want a taste of that resignation letter emotion_drool emotion_drool emotion_drool emotion_drool emotion_drool emotion_drool emotion_drool

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Nemone
I think this should be the new standard for resignation letters.

I want some cake now. crying

Wasn't there one last year as well?

Liberal Fatcat

Notice to all employees.

Resignation letters must be cake.
Resumes forwarded must be submitted as cake.
All company notices must be cake.

Failure to comply will mean immediate termination. And no cake.

~The management.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces