Welcome to Gaia! ::

Looking back at one of last weeks winners.

There is a person in which most of the outfit is a set. It's not creative nor is it innovative. I would say its one of the most questionable wins in the past year.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

sweatdrop I saw that also... guess ppl dont care or they didn't knew it was a set?

Dapper Puppy

There were a lot of things wrong with last week. It makes me really reconsider getting into site feedback about the state of the arenas.

Menstrual Cramps's Partner In Crime

Fashionista

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I just looked at the original arena winners this week.

Dear Lord, none of them deserved the top spots, except maybe 4th place. And yes, I'll include myself in the listing of people who didn't deserve top 10. But hey, I only pulled 7, so (though it concerns me the users before and after me have the same exact color scheme I do. What.).
I saw a lot of great entries last week that I would have put in the place of these "winners".

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Tsukita-chan
sweatdrop I saw that also... guess ppl dont care or they didn't knew it was a set?

There is many reasons why an outfit with heavy set user places but normally fall under these 3 categories.

1)luck
2)upvote
3)downvotes

Some of the voters know full well that an item is a set yet just pushes for the 5/5 because they are friends, and or feels like it will benefit them. Some get their friends to downvote avatars that are worthy of placing. Luck is self explanatory~
Albern Puppy
There were a lot of things wrong with last week. It makes me really reconsider getting into site feedback about the state of the arenas.

the thing with trying for change in arenas, is that it can have even worst effects if implemented wrong.

The biggest reason why the voting is going crazy is because of the spotlight. people want the 15mins of fame in gaia.
Adrien Ludovic Gilles
I just looked at the original arena winners this week.

Dear Lord, none of them deserved the top spots, except maybe 4th place. And yes, I'll include myself in the listing of people who didn't deserve top 10. But hey, I only pulled 7, so (though it concerns me the users before and after me have the same exact color scheme I do. What.).
I saw a lot of great entries last week that I would have put in the place of these "winners".

Original arena winners last week was pretty sad overall. No hard feelings.

There was plenty that did deserve the spots but they tend to be targets. The usual targets are regulars and anything "good." Don't worry the scheme might have just been a coincidence~

Celebrating Pants

21,650 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Yeah, well I've basically given up on the hope of them doing something about the arenas. It's a mixture of a lot of bad practices from a few jerk users on this site. But then again, what site doesn't have those? Either way, we've been asking the mods to do something about the Arenas for over a year, but I don't see them doing anything anytime soon. It's all basically luck. You never know what will happen.

Dapper Puppy

lVIiku
Albern Puppy

the thing with trying for change in arenas, is that it can have even worst effects if implemented wrong.

The biggest reason why the voting is going crazy is because of the spotlight. people want the 15mins of fame in gaia.
Yeah, but there are still small changes that could help be implemented. For one, changing how comments getting deleted from an entry.

And trust me, I fully understand how the spotlight is the big reason for the arenas becoming worse. But there has to be a solution that helps fix things out.

Demonic Sex Symbol

17,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • OTP 200
I haven't looked much into last week, but I thought the general rule of thumb is that set items can be used if done differently/used to create another cosplay?
Albern Puppy
Yeah, but there are still small changes that could help be implemented. For one, changing how comments getting deleted from an entry.

And trust me, I fully understand how the spotlight is the big reason for the arenas becoming worse. But there has to be a solution that helps fix things out.

true, it would be nice~ however reporting a comment to be taken down should be the only way to remove them~

the only way for tht to be fixed is to have all 10 being shown~
I-Iearts
I haven't looked much into last week, but I thought the general rule of thumb is that set items can be used if done differently/used to create another cosplay?
When talking about cosplay I am speaking of is the use of a set made for a specific show was used multiple time to make the outfit from that show.When speaking about originals there should be little to no knowledge of a set easily found. For example a user were to use Digital Music Mystery Drama set to make Aoba Seragaki

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff