Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Traveler

Updated 06/24/2015

So, it's been nearly two months now. Spending Tier Events have been a little more sporadic and spread out over the past few months, especially with that ludicrous month-long tier back in May, so I haven't been tracking them meticulously like when I first created this topic at the end of April. But then, mere moments ago, I happen to see a brand new staff alert mentioning that this glitch has occurred again with the current spending tier event (Eclectic Vibe). And all I can really say on the matter is that Gaia seriously needs to get a handle on this issue. At least this time it happened in the middle of the week so it could be addressed quickly, but that's still not an excuse for allowing these incidents to continue to happen in the first place.

Original Post 04/28/2015
So, here I am still sitting on a billing ticket for the previous spending tier event (The Rise to Greatness) because it was deactivated prematurely and re-activated for a few short hours before again being deactivated at the proper time and on the very next day I see that Gaia has already gone ahead and launched the next spending tier event (Sleepy Monday Tier) like nothing went wrong. For now, I remain cautiously optimistic that I will receive the items I am owed for the tiers I've missed out on claiming because of the aforementioned premature deactivation of the previous spending tier event, but at the same time I'm also rather disappointed with Gaia for allowing these sort of incidents to continue happening.

These issues with premature event, sale, and spending tier removals on Gaia are nothing new. In fact, I seem to be hearing about these incidents more and more all the time. Usually, there isn't any explanation for why these premature removals occur. Maybe the timer wasn't set correctly to begin with or maybe it's a glitch with the timer itself. It certainly isn't being done intentionally, but either way it causes a malfunction in the automated removal process and nothing can be done to correct it until after an incident takes place. The damage is done. The removal time blatantly contradicts the time scheduled in announcements, often causing the event, sale, or spending tier to be removed before it should. Users expecting to get in on the event, sale, or spending tier at the last minute (and sometimes sooner) then find it inaccessible, causing unrest in the community as we wonder what went wrong. If they can catch it soon enough, Gaia Staff quickly apologizes for the inconvenience of the unintended removal and occasionally they even go so far as to grant a temporary extension. However, these incidents also commonly occur on Sunday when Gaia's offices are closed. When that happens there's virtually nothing that can be done about it until the offices reopen on Monday. For prematurely removed sales and spending tiers this, in turn, places a lot of unnecessary strain on Gaia's customer service department as users impacted by these incidents are then forced to file billing tickets to ensure they will be granted what they are owed.

If Gaia is going to continue adding scheduled events, sales, and spending tiers, then please double check the automated removal timer to make certain it is both set correctly and functioning properly. Premature removal incidents inconvenience us, your users and potential customers, as well as staff members who then have to work to correct the incidents. If there's an existing problem with the automated removal timer, then please do something to fix it or find an alternative!

*Please note that I began working on this post last night, before the May Awakening Tier was implemented. It took until now for me to revise and trim it down into what you see here.

Perfect Saint

Thank you for making this thread, OP.

I am also extremely disappointed with the spending tier schedules. For the last two ones, I missed out because the Rise to Greatness was removed prematurely and I was no longer around when they decided to return it. My more bitter sentiment lies with the Sleepy Monday tier were I managed to reach halfway, but stopped because I had wanted to get credit for a purchase done an hour before the tier came out and had filed a ticket. Now apparently, it looks like that their schedule was for 11:59 AM instead of the usual 11:59 PM and now I missed out on the last two tiers, both of which were easily within my reach. I had wanted to wait for them to resolve the issue, but they failed in that and my ticket was still a work in progress to this time.

I don't understand what kind of game Gaia is playing here. We are paying customers and these things are doing nothing to maintain our trust and eagerness to continue purchasing their product.

Kasumi Fujiwara's Partner

Beloved Member

Omnipresent Traveler

I've gone ahead and taken the liberty of screen capping the announcement and landing page for the May Awakening Tier just in case anything should happen to go wrong with the timer for this one. We certainly don't want Gaia to pull a fast one on us by not having any proof.

May Awakening Tier Screen Captures
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

User Image
User Image
User Image

And yes, I am still sitting on that billing ticket. So far the solution I've been given is that I've been "credited for" The Rise to Greatness Tier and that I should be able to go to the Tier page and collect my items, but by the time I got that response the Tier had already ended and the page was removed for the second and final time. As such, that solution isn't satisfactory and I responded by asking if it would be possible to have the items from the tiers I should have received granted to my account directly because it is now impossible for me to claim them for myself as the page in question no longer exists, but I have yet to receive any additional response.

Of course, I wouldn't be stuck jumping through these hoops if the timer hadn't malfunctioned in the first place. And knowing that really makes it frustrating.

Omnipresent Traveler

Well, the good news for today is that it looks like the May Awakening Tier isn't having any timer issues so kudos to Gaia for that. Hopefully these things will continue like this going forward. I'll be keeping an eye out just in case.

Omnipresent Traveler

Alright, I'm putting the new Monochrome Majesty Tier under observation.

Monochrome Majesty Tier Screen Captures
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

User Image
User Image
User Image

Omnipresent Traveler

Good luck to those of you filing tickets if you've been effected by this glitch with the Eclectic Vibe Tier. I hope you all get the items you are owed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff