Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adventuring Duck

So, who's excited to read Winter?
For those of you who don't know, Winter is the last book of the Lunar Chronicles series. The series itself are made of fairytale retellings set in a sci-fi universe with a tiny dose of the Sailor Moon plot sprinkled in the books. The wiki can be found here. (Beware of spoilers.)
The protagonist of the last book will be the beloved princess Winter, or the Chronicles' version of Snow White. From the excerpt seen in the back of Fairest, we can see that she's not quite all there and is definitely not Levana's favorite (but who is).

Now for some predictions:
I'm wondering how Meyer will write the "death" scene, since it's so crucial to the Snow White story and Meyer has been known to use the original source material surprisingly well. I have a feeling that she might use the
stasis bubble as found in Scarlet.
I'm not sure how else she'd do it.
I'm also thinking that Princess Winter might take the Lunar throne, seeing as the Lunar people still wouldn't just trust Cinder even if she is the lost princess. Plus, Cinder has expressed her hesitations about taking the throne in the first place. I'm not saying that I want this to happen, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it ended up this way.

So, what are your thoughts? What do YOU think will happen in Winter?

Rainbow Sweetheart

I am beyond eager for Winter. I really like where Meyer has been going with all the characters so I am sure Princess Winter will be awesome.

As for what is going to happen I agree with you on
Princess Winter taking the throne since Cinder does not seem like she wants it. Plus I hope her and Kai are serious about each other meaning Cinder would be stuck being a ruler on earth and ruling part of earth and the moon is a lot.

I am eager to see Levanna get what is coming to her.
While killing her off is easy I hope that is not the route that Meyer goes. Death is too good for Levanna. Maybe one of those chips that stops glamors being implanted into her.

As for what I want I want Scarlet and Wolf to get a happy ever after. They are so cute together.
I just hope that Wolf is not killed off trying to rescue Scarlet. That would be so sad.

I am leaning towards someone from the main group dying. Not that I want them to but authors seem to live in general to kill off characters and pull at reader's heartstrings.
aww yeah, I can't wait. I might have to re-read the last book to remember what's even happening, but from what I remember, Winter seemed like a pretty interesting character. I'm looking forward to seeing where she goes with her.

Friendly Friend

I'm super excited for Winter! While Snow White may not be my favorite fairytale, Snow White set on the moon is bound to be interesting.

Loving Vampire

11,150 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Novice Healer 150
well now there`s another one, surprise surprise

Cmdr_40K's Wife

Doting Darling

14,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Married 100
I just finished the third book, I couldn't put it down. I plan on reading the prequel about Levana. I agree about Snow taking the Lunar throne instead of Cinder.

Adventuring Duck

Lady_Brighteyes
I just finished the third book, I couldn't put it down. I plan on reading the prequel about Levana. I agree about Snow taking the Lunar throne instead of Cinder.
Oh Fairest is fantastic. She did an amazing job at making character sympathetic while still being unforgivable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff