Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Knight

I ******** up my knee on the way home from work today. My mother thinks I need stitches. I disagree. But I don't know if I should be worried that it's infected or not. I've rebandaged it three times, cleaning it each time. But it still looks awful. s**t.

Obsessive Lunatic

Were you rollerblading or something?

8,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
what would channing tatum do

Blessed Knight

Quess
Were you rollerblading or something?

I was on my bike. Took a turn too wide and wiped out. Didn't notice that I was bleeding all down my pants til I pulled into the driveway.

Blessed Knight

Rub My Cabbage
what would channing tatum do

I dunno. Take his shirt off or something.

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
If its an open wound and is more than several inches wide then yes I would likely go for stiches, though you can go without but it will take longer to heal and likely rixk the higher possibility of infection though. sweatdrop

Versatile Streaker

Heavenly Edge
I ******** up my knee on the way home from work today. My mother thinks I need stitches. I disagree. But I don't know if I should be worried that it's infected or not. I've rebandaged it three times, cleaning it each time. But it still looks awful. s**t.

Hmm. It depends on how deep it is, if it isn't healing properly, you may need stitches. Is it still bleeding quite a lot?

Anxious Smoker

Uh maybe you should go to the doctors?

Wheezing Phantom

17,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
i have EMT training. pics?

Blessed Knight

Giesta
If its an open wound and is more than several inches wide then yes I would likely go for stiches, though you can go without but it will take longer to heal and likely rixk the higher possibility of infection though. sweatdrop

It's not wide at all. Just a little deep.

Blessed Knight

DEELISHUZZ
Heavenly Edge

Hmm. It depends on how deep it is, if it isn't healing properly, you may need stitches. Is it still bleeding quite a lot?

It's not too deep. And I did get the bleeding to stop. Though, it took a combination of gauze, paper towels and painters tape. The bleeding finally did stop. It just...doesn't look that good.

Nmls's Other Half

it's better to be safe than sorry ... so you should definitely go get it checked out
at some general family health clinic hospital c:

Versatile Streaker

Heavenly Edge
DEELISHUZZ
Heavenly Edge

It's not too deep. And I did get the bleeding to stop. Though, it took a combination of gauze, paper towels and painters tape. The bleeding finally did stop. It just...doesn't look that good.

So I would use gauze, first aid tape, and large bandaid bandages. Just for a couple days until the cut heals over with new skin. Just clean it twice-ish a day, along with a shower to help wash off any dirt or debris that may have gotten inside the cut. Also, neosporen and bactine are your friends!

Blessed Knight

DigitalMage the blue
i have EMT training. pics?

This is a pic of it from right when I got home.
User Image

I've just rebandaged it, so I can't send you a current pic. But I see a dark red or black color inside the wound. I could be wrong, it could just be dried blood, but it's just worrying.

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Heavenly Edge
Giesta

It's not wide at all. Just a little deep.

Hmmm, thats not a good thing, I still might consider stitches, even so you could get it to heal on its own as long as you stay on it about cleaning it up as much as you can till it starts to seal itself closed, which it should start to eventually if it isnt already trying to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff