Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adzella's Wife

Pure-hearted Senshi

This is always something I thought about during my many years on gaia. I feel as though my avatar is somewhat an extension of myself. In some cases, my avatar reflects my personality, but I also feel a deep connection to it as if it were another being. Other times; even though it's my own avatar with my thoughts, I feel as if it has its own thoughts and feelings. Perhaps it's because I've been on gaia for so long that I feel this way. So, I wondered if anyone else felt the same way I did about their avatars.

Discussion points:

gaia_spoons What are your thoughts on your personal avatar? Is it just pixels or something more?

gaia_spoons Do you use it to be an OC or someone you've always wanted to be/never had the chance to be?

gaia_spoons Does your avatar feel like a big part of your life? How much does it mean to you?

gaia_spoons Do you share the same personality that is being portrayed by your avatar?
Unfortunately, I'm nowhere as cool as my cosplay .
My avatar is essentially an extension of myself/a way to express some of my inner-self, the side of me that those I interact with IRL don't get to see (I'm able to be a lot more open/less guarded/more susceptible to my various whims on here/as ~Aki).

When I can be bothered with my mules, they generally tend to end up with slightly different sides of me than my main does, but they don't get much attention anymore..

Peaceful Lunatic

I see my avatar as a product of my imagination, not an extension of my personality whee So my avatar changes every day and can be drastically different from the previous. Like yesterday's looked like some evil video game boss, today's is a scared but clueless girl, and tomorrow's will probably be something purple because I got a nice purple item off the MP today. It is some part of my personality, but it's very rare for it to fully represent me. Sometimes I base avatars of my characters, and sometimes it's just what looks pretty together. I have fun making them.

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
usually i dress my avi with some likeness to me, or how i'm feeling.

right now: blue hair and depression.
emo

Slumbering Tengu

I'm usually dressed either in cosplay or as my OC Pengaana
My avatars usually reflect a bit of both my OC's and my own tastes
but tend to lean more on my OC's tastes at least in clothing

As for whether I share some traits with my OC: sometimes ninja
though she ends up more being what I'd like myself to be rather than what I currently am
oh how I wish I could be the kawaiiest tengu on the block

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
I have too much fun coming up with nifty looks, but my base avatar (and my screen name) are an OC I use in some roleplays.

Of course, by now I have upwards of 10-15 related characters...building a little community in my head...

Hygienic Raider

15,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
I like the idea of dress up, as this avatar doesn't reflect a Latina with an office job xD I have no sense of style so I wish I could dress up like my avid. Only thing that's realistic is the hair cause regardless of the style I prefer longer hair

in other words, i just aim for stuff that I consider cute. I wouldn't live through them

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
My avatar usually just reflects my mood. Like when I'm feeling silly I'll make my avvy look silly or when I'm happy my avvy is happy. Angry=bloody avatars.

And to dress up to celebrate Halloween.
I like to think up scenes and stories whenever I change my avatar, but it's still more of a paper doll than it is actually representing myself.

I think the only time I can say that my personality is like my avatar is when I throw on a jacket and some other casual clothes.

It's not just the avatar, but I've been on Gaia for so long that it seems weird if I don't log on and at least check a couple threads, even if I'm not talking.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

uhm.... well the personality of my avi is myself I think, but I usually dress her very different than me in RL xD I mean, how can I be at street wearing this outfit!? OMG

right now I'm dress as my OC, Nila... but both share our love for Finn w/my avi redface redface

Timely Advisor

Oh gosh no.

I almost always go for the fantasy look, and those kinds of characters are nothing like me.
The dashing swordsman you meet before a big boss and later on he turns out to be a prince from the next castle town you visit?
I don't even own a sword!

(this is joke wherein I've only refuted owning a sword therefore meaning the other qualities are true)

Naughty Rabbit

My avy is pretty much me. I always try to make it look like myself (although i can never find just the right color of green eyes so i stick with these brown ones).

I tend to prefer heroic looking outfits since I've always been the kind of person who tries to protect others.

Also I like rabbits. lol.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

I'm one of those weirdos that has their avatar as an OC. dramallama

But basically I just dress him up in whatever I think is nice because he's not one of those OCs with a deep backstory, just someone I made up just for fun and shenanigans. His theme is literally just "bunnies and fanservice".

But if we're talking about any similarities between myself and my avatar? Hmmm... Less gay rabbit and more tiny angry Asian and we're basically the same.

Shy Browser

Yeah, I guess it's me. I'm not really pretending to be anyone else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff