Welcome to Gaia! ::

Undead Enchantress

Oh mai. What an exciting party.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Wait, and this didn't happen in Florida? Also, why the hell have alcohol in the house if you're a recovering alcoholic?! She did not think things thru at all whatsoever.

Liberal Fatcat

Lol dafuq did I just read
well this story is quite honest lol

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
David2074
Well, okay then.

I guess sponsor confidentiality is good to a point but when it starts to involve multiple felonies with minors it only goes so far.

Also, don't forget boys and girls -
She was drunk so could not have consented to any of that so it isn't her fault and everyone else are the bad guys in this story. So yay! She's not a bad mom after all. smile
The 18-year-old was consensual... but she woke up to her daughter's boyfriend going at it with her. She was literally asleep for that bit so...yeah, that's rape. Not that she didn't do about a million other incredibly wrong things here, but that's pretty clearly rape.

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
She had sex with her daughter's 16 year old boyfriend, if it had been a father having sex with his son's 16 year old girlfriend he would have been treated a lot worse.

Kawaii Shoujo

Absolutely disgusting is all I can say emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
FirstBornTriplet
She had sex with her daughter's 16 year old boyfriend, if it had been a father having sex with his son's 16 year old girlfriend he would have been treated a lot worse.
She woke up to the boyfriend having sex with her. That's a rape. Like I said to David above, she did a lot of messed up things that night, but that particular bit was a rape.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Elraine Figarette
David2074
Well, okay then.

I guess sponsor confidentiality is good to a point but when it starts to involve multiple felonies with minors it only goes so far.

She was drunk so could not have consented to any of that so it isn't her fault and everyone else are the bad guys in this story. So yay! She's not a bad mom after all. smile
The 18-year-old was consensual... but she woke up to her daughter's boyfriend going at it with her. She was literally asleep for that bit so...yeah, that's rape. Not that she didn't do about a million other incredibly wrong things here, but that's pretty clearly rape.

Agreed about the 18 year old.
The 16 year old - fuzzy.
I get what you are saying and I agree that strictly speaking initiating sex with someone while they are asleep (especially for the first time) is rape.
(I say for the first time because some married couples / partners enjoy waking up to the other person doing stuff to them but in that case both partners know that so it is consensual)

But the waters are muddied a bit by the fact that she apparently got that 16 year old drunk by hosting and supplying the alcohol and sent possibly very confusing messages for a young horny boy by getting naked with them, having sex with others, masturbating in front of them and who knows what else she said and did. Yes, he should have woken her up first (or not had sex at all) but one can see where the kid may have been a bit confused.

And that of course is assuming what she said is true. As you noted, intercourse with the 18 year old is legal. Sex with the 16 year old could send her to prison as a sex offender on top of all the other charges. She has strong motivation to claim she had nothing to do with it and she just woke up to him inside of her. I realize that may be true but if they press charges against the teen then there is a good chance in court it will come down to a he said / she said kind of thing for the jury and her credibility is spread rather thin.

Unless of course the boy readily admits he intentionally took advantage of her.
But if you take the stance that people can not consent when they were drunk, and if the boy was drunk, and he was drunk because she got him drunk (illegally) then at least some of the responsibility falls back on her.

Having sex with sleeping people is wrong
Having sex with drunk people is wrong
Getting people drunk to have sex with them is wrong
Getting minors drunk is wrong
Both people drunk is - confusing

In a way it is kind of an interesting one for the courts because it is a couple of different rape situations combined.

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
David2074
Elraine Figarette
David2074
Well, okay then.

The 16 year old - fuzzy.
I get what you are saying and I agree that strictly speaking initiating sex with someone while they are asleep (especially for the first time) is rape.
(I say for the first time because some married couples / partners enjoy waking up to the other person doing stuff to them but in that case both partners know that so it is consensual)

But the waters are muddied a bit by the fact that she apparently got that 16 year old drunk by hosting and supplying the alcohol and sent possibly very confusing messages for a young horny boy by getting naked with them, having sex with others, masturbating in front of them and who knows what else she said and did. Yes, he should have woken her up first (or not had sex at all) but one can see where the kid may have been a bit confused.

And that of course is assuming what she said is true. As you noted, intercourse with the 18 year old is legal. Sex with the 16 year old could send her to prison as a sex offender on top of all the other charges. She has strong motivation to claim she had nothing to do with it and she just woke up to him inside of her. I realize that may be true but if they press charges against the teen then there is a good chance in court it will come down to a he said / she said kind of thing for the jury and her credibility is spread rather thin.

But if you take the stance that people can not consent when they were drunk, and if the boy was drunk, and he was drunk because she got him drunk (illegally) then at least some of the responsibility falls back on her.

In a way it is kind of an interesting one for the courts because it is a couple of different rape situations combined.
She took the 18 y/o to the bathroom for their rendezvous, so that's pretty clear that it was consensual on both sides. As for the 16 y/o, it's actually not statutory in this case–I clicked through and the OP left the last couple chunks out, and 16 is the age of consent in Georgia, where this all happened. The mom admitted to a host of other extremely messed up things, which leads me to believe that she's not lying about this part. And yeah, she was sending some pretty weird messages while she was awake, but even in a drunk teen mind I don't see how that'd translate to "take me while I'm passed out".

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Elraine Figarette
David2074
Elraine Figarette
David2074
Well, okay then.

The 16 year old - fuzzy.

She took the 18 y/o to the bathroom for their rendezvous, so that's pretty clear that it was consensual on both sides. As for the 16 y/o, it's actually not statutory in this case–I clicked through and the OP left the last couple chunks out, and 16 is the age of consent in Georgia, where this all happened. The mom admitted to a host of other extremely messed up things, which leads me to believe that she's not lying about this part. And yeah, she was sending some pretty weird messages while she was awake, but even in a drunk teen mind I don't see how that'd translate to "take me while I'm passed out".

Ah, it crossed my mind to wonder about age of consent there but in this instance I was too lazy to go look it up. smile
But now I did go look it up and yeah, Georgia is one of the states with a flat age as opposed to a close in age thing. In some states it is stuff like - 16 if the other person is nearly your age or 18 if the other person is much older than you.

That would remove some of her incentive to lie about it - leaving perhaps just the, "Hey! I'm a victim too!" angle for the sake of jury sympathy. Also perhaps the angle of not alienating her daughter over seducing her boyfriend.

And I'm not trying to victim blame or say she has to be lying just because she did the other stuff. She may well be telling the truth. I suppose my hesitation is because by her own admission she was apparently pretty drunk. I've seen people do some pretty outlandish things (including sex) when they were very drunk and then later deny they happened or blame the other person even though there were witnesses to what really happened. She is attending AA so she knows she has a problem with alcohol. I still wonder from a legal perspective how the mom getting the 16 year old drunk (I'm assuming he was drinking with the others) will affect the case if they press charges on the boy.

Every victim deserves to be fairly treated by the courts but some people make it a lot harder for the courts to get a clear picture.

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
David2074
Ah, it crossed my mind to wonder about age of consent there but in this instance I was too lazy to go look it up. smile
But now I did go look it up and yeah, Georgia is one of the states with a flat age as opposed to a close in age thing. In some states it is stuff like - 16 if the other person is nearly your age or 18 if the other person is much older than you.

That would remove some of her incentive to lie about it - leaving perhaps just the, "Hey! I'm a victim too!" angle for the sake of jury sympathy. Also perhaps the angle of not alienating her daughter over seducing her boyfriend.

And I'm not trying to victim blame or say she has to be lying just because she did the other stuff. She may well be telling the truth. I suppose my hesitation is because by her own admission she was apparently pretty drunk. I've seen people do some pretty outlandish things (including sex) when they were very drunk and then later deny they happened or blame the other person even though there were witnesses to what really happened. She is attending AA so she knows she has a problem with alcohol. I still wonder from a legal perspective how the mom getting the 16 year old drunk (I'm assuming he was drinking with the others) will affect the case if they press charges on the boy.

Every victim deserves to be fairly treated by the courts but some people make it a lot harder for the courts to get a clear picture.
I agree there are other things here that are clouding the issue. Like I said, the mom is clearly not a saint. She deserves to have the book thrown at her for all the other stuff that happened at the party. Doesn't make what the boyfriend did any better, though, and he could have done it to any of the other people at the party who had passed out. I'm sure the mom wasn't the only one.

Magical Bunny

14,350 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
thats just crazy well what she expect she did invite them over

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
JamesWN