Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
UPDATE: Looks like Gaia listened!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

All of the items in Club Verge really need to be revamped, or the program needs to be scrapped.
Because you've insisted on putting Club Verge items in to RIGs in the past, the prices for the current stock is awful. I'd go as far as to say that the current prices for those items are highway robbery. What in the world is P.U.G smoking keeping his doors opened at these prices?

This has been a on-going gripe about it and nothing has been done besides a few items just being added and now sitting there for months. Hilariously enough, the March Mythril sets are still in there so they haven't even been updated to April.

Here is what the current consensus is in the guild:
The few threads that are whited out were just random topics. But the rest are all disgruntled Club Verge members or people who spent to get -in- to it only to be severely disappointed in the stock.
User Image

Let's take a look at a few of the items that have been destroyed by constant re-releases:

User ImageMaia the Unicorn
Price: $50.00 USD
Marketplace Price: An abysmal 2 Billion..

User ImageCandy Cat
Price: $25.00 USD
Marketplace: A measly 743 Million..

User ImagePuppeteer's Doll
Marketplace: A sad 1 Billion..

User ImageMonsieur Loyal's Renewal
Marketplace: A pathetically low 1.9 Billion..

User ImageAngel the Cat
Price: $50.00 USD
Marketplace: 500 Million?! THAT'S IT???

You guys should really address the red-headed step child of g-cash spending.
It was a great idea that flopped and continues to flop. If you don't want to do it anymore, that's fine but you should really address it.

Tricky Fox

Its what happens when left out for too long AND those items placed in 99GC rigs.

Perfect Saint

Foxtrot Fallout
Its what happens when left out for too long AND those items placed in 99GC rigs.
My thoughts exactly. The supply has far outstripped the demand.
I don't even visit anymore. I've decided to place a cap on my single purchases so many of the inventory are simply off-limits to me.
CV used to be place where people could buy things early and with restrictions so that they can maximize profit if they sell items. That bombed out a few short months as a business model when more people got in. I don't think the concept has changed, but it's clearly not enticing as an investment opportunity for anybody.

Alien Cosmonaut

I've found CV items in the Dumpster Dive. As in for free. I think it's ridiculous the prices in there are that high and outdated and I feel bad for anyone that has spent real cash in there recently. I'm glad I've never had any real push to try to get in, myself.

Relentless Glitch

Bitway Ozrock
I've found CV items in the Dumpster Dive. As in for free. I think it's ridiculous the prices in there are that high and outdated and I feel bad for anyone that has spent real cash in there recently. I'm glad I've never had any real push to try to get in, myself.
This happened to me last week as well. I got a Pumpkin the Spice Kitty from the dumpster. I remember that thing was like $50 during one time. I thought selling one for 5M would be a great deal. I remember selling a previous one for 6M and that had been a tidy profit. Now I got one back from the DD and it averages 1 billion.

Alien Cosmonaut

Dalia Royce
Bitway Ozrock
This happened to me last week as well. I got a Pumpkin the Spice Kitty from the dumpster. I remember that thing was like $50 during one time. I thought selling one for 5M would be a great deal. I remember selling a previous one for 6M and that had been a tidy profit. Now I got one back from the DD and it averages 1 billion.

I don't recall all I've gotten as I usually resell quite a bit, but I've gotten two Puppeteer's Reprises on two separate occasions. I don't know how much they were in CV originally, but judging by the prices in there, they were probably pricey and that makes me feel almost bad. Obviously I love them (I'm wearing both) but... ouch those prices.

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Foxtrot Fallout

User Image

Yes, this. The worst part of it all is that Verge items were supposed to be exclusives to the shop. So to even see them in said RIGs is what makes me cringe. I remember questing so freaking hard to get that Maia and then I had a friend sell it to me. I've had the same Maia this entire time. But to see how cheap it is now? Wow. Same with Angel the Cat. I hope no one has bought that cat..

Myrielle
Foxtrot Fallout
I don't even visit anymore. I've decided to place a cap on my single purchases so many of the inventory are simply off-limits to me.
CV used to be place where people could buy things early and with restrictions so that they can maximize profit if they sell items. That bombed out a few short months as a business model when more people got in. I don't think the concept has changed, but it's clearly not enticing as an investment opportunity for anybody.

User Image

Flynn's Booty and Last-Stage RIGs were also exclusives there too. Those both sold REALLY well as well. I don't know why they can't revert to that business model anymore? G-Cash Item Suppliers are at an all-time high... being in Verge with their cash would really maximize their profits. Maybe more exclusive bundles? I don't know, I just want the whole stock to get scrapped because nothing in there is worth even CLOSE to the G-Cash conversion rate besides maybe one or two items.
Agreed, I also dont even bother going in there its such a waste of time.
And would be an even more waste of money.

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Leonaenae
Agreed, I also dont even bother going in there its such a waste of time.
And would be an even more waste of money.

User Image

What's really, really, REALLY sad is that I'd love to buy some awesome new exclusive items.
Heck, I bought from there in the past, but that was long ago when they would do the exclusive win-only bundles. (Especially trying to get those fawn twins so long ago) But NOW? It's a COMPLETE waste of money.

I feel awful for people who don't realize how what is supposed to be a "perk" is actually just a trashcan.

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Pretty much 60% (number is an exaggeration, or possibly an understatement) of people on Gaia are in Club Verge, they're no losing much if they throw something in there.
Back when no one really wanted to use cash, sure they could've lost some if they had out them in the CS.

It was an awesome idea to throw special RIGs that allowed the user access to the rarest stage of the RIG along with an exclusive recolor. But now they just use the CS for that. : /
The selection is just pitiful.

At least they found some usage for Rococo and Mecha Neko.
: /

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
I stopped visiting the shop when they stopped updating it and putting all the exclusive stuff in the CS anyway making it a stupid pointless waste of space, i got in the club to get stuff for paying regularly for GC not to then have everyone else who just buys a little get the same stuff, defeats the purpose of an exclusive club, you don't see exclusive clubs inrl just selling to people who arnt members and giving them the same treatment.
I was invited to this club early this year when I guess I reached a certain spending amount.

There is absolutely nothing there...
And why would anyone spend $50 on a damn unicorn? No thanks.

Persistent Pup

48,750 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
Totally agreed.
Club Verge is in desperate need of an update.
I am sorely disappointed in it at this point.
Exclusive club?
Yeah getting in is exclusively anticlimactic.

Please please update!
New items, better prices - throw your supporters a bone Gaia!
Myrielle
Foxtrot Fallout

I think you are thinking about this wrong.
I was in Club verge when it first began, I recall everyone freaking out because they got in there and in turn leaving because the prices were too damn high.

Perfect Saint

maleedawl
Myrielle
Foxtrot Fallout

I think you are thinking about this wrong.
I was in Club verge when it first began, I recall everyone freaking out because they got in there and in turn leaving because the prices were too damn high.
I was there in the first days too and I was able to purchase some top dollar items (to my regret), but they never really translated too well to gold especially once others got the same idea and sell the same thing. The exclusivity helped in the initial part, but then not. Then they started that business that CV gets first dibs with the item, but then, the item gets released in LV, making the window even smaller. Sure, prices had been expensive. $150 for a single post backwings item was painful even for me around August 2013. Yes, there were people actually buying at those prices as well as those who left, as you've mentioned.
As the novelty decreased, so did interest and the stratospheric prices were definitely unappealing. They eventually started lowering item prices, but I doubt it really saved the shop. What made it worse, CV items came out from RIGs early in 2014. Definitely, not a good source of long term investment.
Even the forum, though initially fun in the beginning, became empty. A shame. I liked that part. I did try to enjoy it for a few months.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff