Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magic Hobo

...Am I ever going to get the $7.50 back I dropped for this useless, soulbound, unwearable bloodstone gem?

n.b.: I would much, much rather have my money back than be told it's going to be used in alchemy or something in the mysterious distant future maybe

Perfect Saint

You missed the time when they did offer the refund for those things back in...ummmm...2011 or 2012...I forget. Did you qualify for it back then?
Does it have a gold sellback?

KingMemphis is mentioning (but not confirming) that there is a chance that zOMG items will be used in Alchemy.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/refund-for-power-ups/t.96621441_13/#13
If they unsoulbind it, maybe you can get a good price for it when the time comes.

Big Noob

Are those things still soulbound? I think their sell back is 50k gold regardless.

Magic Hobo

Sevalle
Are those things still soulbound? I think their sell back is 50k gold regardless.

still soulbound, and the sellback is 50k for an item that cost seven dollars and fifty cents

That is the only refund that was ever offered on the bloodstone gems and it was a shitty deal when they first offered it and it's an even shittier deal today

mean mina's Husband

Sexy Trash

31,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Married 100
Definitely missed the refund period, which was only for amulets purchased a week before Deadman's Shadow became permanently open to the public. [Source]

There was also a limited time offer to unsoulbind your amulet by visiting a specific thread, although it looks like it's been removed from public view now. Considering zOMG isn't coming back, they should really allow unsoulbinding those now.
[Source]

Mishiri's Husband

Let me look into that for you guys, and I'll get back to you all tomorrow when I am in the office.

OG GO

Kill Hybrid
Definitely missed the refund period, which was only for amulets purchased a week before Deadman's Shadow became permanently open to the public. [Source]

There was also a limited time offer to unsoulbind your amulet by visiting a specific thread, although it looks like it's been removed from public view now. Considering zOMG isn't coming back, they should really allow unsoulbinding those now.
[Source]

Clicking the unbind rings here unbinds the amulet too. Or at least it unbound mine for some reason rofl

Devoted Member

Should just do away with the time frame and just refund those that have unused zOMG! Items. I mean we are just going to put the GCash back into Gaia anyway.

Alien Cosmonaut

If you spend real money on a virtual thing on a website, you have to accept that at any time without warning, that website could get shut down for any reason. That's... kind of something that just goes with using money like that. Since Gaia itself is still up and active, I can see why you'd be asking for a refund of some sort, but you kind of have to accept this fact as well.

Newbie Noob

Rathraq
Should just do away with the time frame and just refund those that have unused zOMG! Items. I mean we are just going to put the GCash back into Gaia anyway.
i agree. imo, putting a time frame on "UN-used powerups" is ridiculous.

Benevolent Strawberry

27,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
You know, Gaia didn't have to do any refunds at all. I think 6 months is reasonable. It's not their fault if you didn't use the items you purchased.

Undead Survivor

16,440 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • 20 Wins 100
Lucht
You know, Gaia didn't have to do any refunds at all. I think 6 months is reasonable. It's not their fault if you didn't use the items you purchased.

They do if they want happy customers that will keep on buying, otherwise, all retail places would tell you all sales are final no matter what, but they don't because they want repeat customers as well as new ones.

The amulet was a complete waste for me since you couldn't equip and use it -shrugs-

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Here is why I think you shouldn't receive a refund for the item.
You bought it and you used it for early access.
Unlike power ups you didn't use, this item was used, the "soulbound" proves that.
Now if it wasn't soulbound, I could understand a refund.

You don't buy early access and then expect to get your money back when it goes public...

Years ago there was a 50k refund after DMS opened to public,
back then 50k was actually worth something.
If they were to do something about it, I think they should up the sellback price.

Agile Rogue

Rathraq

agreed. It's not our doing that shut zOMG down. If there are unused potions or CG bought items that weren't able to be used, there should be a refund for what is in our inventories not just what was purchased. But that's just me...
The TOS should be enough to explain why there shouldn't even be a refund. Gaia is being nice, I think.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff