Welcome to Gaia! ::

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Quote:

Hillary Clinton made her "big announcement" on Sunday in a pre-recorded video, but what's got people riled up on the Internet is the new logo for her 2016 presidential campaign.

Twitter users have quite the strong feelings about the flat-designed blue "H" with a red arrow running across left to right, and they're not holding back.

Here are some of Twitter's most hilarious reactions.(no link or pics of the Twitter reactions when I posted this,)

Clinton's new logo is giving people a lot of déjà vu. While Wikileaks outright accused Clinton of stealing their "innovative" Twitter logo design, other users are seeing similarities between Clinton's logo and FedEx, Iceland's flag, the "History" channel and even hospital roadway signs.

And users want to know: What's the logo symbolize? Why's the arrow pointing to the right?

While some people feel the arrow is reaching out to right-wing Americans, this guy is seeing a connection to Tinder.

Regardless of what message the logo was meant to send across, others just outright hate how it looks aesthetically. And unfortunately for Clinton, people are not sugarcoating their dissing.

Visual communication scholar Keith Kennery told ABC News today one explanation for the strong reactions to the logo is that people respond first to their senses -- what they can see, hear, smell, taste and touch.

"That's why it's very important to have a good logo, because people have instant responses and feelings about what they see in their environment" said Kennery, who teaches at the University of South Carolina and is working on a book called "Philosophy for Media Theory" coming out next year. "Symbols are more basic, foundational and fundamental than any written and spoken language. We're hardwired to respond to what we see."

Kennery said if he had to improve the logo, he'd redesign it from scratch. the red arrow is one of the logo's main problems, he added.

"Red is a symbol for danger, and the campaign has a big and bold red arrow pointing right to the right that's dominating the whole logo," he said. "I don’t know if the public wants that. The logo also looks industrial with all the hard edges of the rectangles and arrow. It just doesn't have a warm, fuzzy, welcoming feel."

Clinton's campaign team did not immediately respond to ABC News' calls and email requesting comment.

Source

And the image that's causing the rile:

User Image

It is interesting. But whenever hasn't the internet been riled up about something?

Quotable Prophet

Looks like it's trying to be some variation of the American flag with that color scheme, if you think about it. The blue in the upper left corner of the background, the rest in red, then with white, red, and blue in the middle.

So...yeah, ultimately unoriginal but hardly offensive. What is the big deal, exactly?

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
Well it certainly is aesthetically unappealing. I kind of makes my eyes burn. I can understand why people don't like it. It looks like some kind of foreign traffic sign rather than a campaign logo. Of course I've rarely seen a campaign logo that I thought was "wonderful". Usually they are pretty bland.
Wtf is that? Seriously, thats a 5 minute romp in MS Paint.
--Sky Kid Tai--
Wtf is that? Seriously, thats a 5 minute romp in MS Paint.

And they spent four of those five minutes waiting on the ******** program to load. This is one ugly a** logo.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Re-Design
(Made it into a link to prevent stretching)
Someone on Imgur re-designed the logo. I think it looks SO much better.

I guess some people just have no sense of design. Like Hilary Clinton.

Divine Anubutt

27,850 Points
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
"judge our presidential candidates, not by the policies of their campaign but by the ugly logo they have"-social media

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Maybe it is because i am not an American but i don't find anything offensive about that, its uncreative, sure, but not offensive

Conservative Regular

Looks like a blurry flag of Taiwan with a Company logo pasted on it
Why talk about ideas and policies when we can talk about a logo. rolleyes

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I am part of "the internet". I am not "riled up" over her logo. smile

That is an ugly logo.
But I'm laughing at stuff like Wikileaks saying she stole their logo. They don't look anything alike other than they both have a red arrow. Search the internet. Lots of logos have red arrows.

I suppose she was trying to have something simple to print in a variety of formats and sizes and something that shows she is bold and moving forward and blah blah..
But did I mention how ugly it is? smile

In fairness about the choice of colors -
If you image google presidential campaign logos the overwhelming majority of them are red white and blue - cuz - flag, patriotic, blah blah.
So just about all of those logos incorporate "alarming red" and "calming / security blue".

And just for fun ---
Back in the 2008 campaign people were accusing Obama of stealing Pepsi's logo. rofl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quotable Prophet

Hasuki Aatisuto
Re-Design

Oooo, that IS nicer.

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Hasuki Aatisuto
Re-Design

That is WORLDS better. Wow. Makes you wonder who put the original together. A logo isn't going to change my vote one way or another, but man, the one they're going with is so bad. Are they allowed to change it?
Her logo actually looks pretty lame and amateurish.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff