Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Prophet

So, first off, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Erwin Kohler, and it has been a while since I've last been on Gaia and would like to get back to the roleplaying scene. It's been too long, now that I think of it. And now that I'm interested in getting back into the game, I was wondering if you'd like to roleplay with me. Of course, I do have some... minor conditions if I'm going to join your roleplay, and I am negotiable so long as it's within our means, and the last thing I'd want to do is be rude. Also, please be advised that I may not always be on. I have a job I work five days a week and I tend to spend my free time with my girlfriend. Every now and again, we will roleplay together, so feel free to ask!

I will start off by saying I'm not asking for some of the most passionate romance you can ever find, I'm not looking for something that has awesome action and fights everywhere. I just want a good story. A story that makes the characters feel alive rather than something that could've been written by Stephanie Meyer (and if you're a fan of hers, my sincerest apologies if you're offended; I happen to find Bella and Edward to be bland and horribly written). Anyway, take what's written here with a grain of salt, for I am flexible.

Requirements

- Must be welcoming to all types of roleplayers with flexible story lines and writers, though I do like a continuous story. This means that a so-called 4337 (leet) can be in the same room as a n00b (newb) and be perfectly fine with it. Storytelling is an art that must be taught and encouraged.

- I ask that everyone refrain from making their characters perfect and flawless. This means that characters don't have to be as incredible as they are believable in their given universe. People have personalities that change over time little by little, and their opinions alter as time goes on. For example, someone who hates witches at the beginning of the story can warm up to them overtime and perhaps even fall in love with a witch. But this isn't something that happens overnight, but over time. This also means that no one is perfect; people make mistakes and sometimes have to suffer in order to grow; but don't go Cloud Strife overboard with it. You don't have to give them a tragic story to make the character interesting, it's about building them up from where you want them to be, not where they came from. The journey is the destination.

- While I may make an exception every now and again, please refrain from series related roleplays. With the exception of things like Pokemon, or something based on an MMO like Ragnarok Online or WAKFU, chances are I have no clue as to what pertains to the series that you're roleplaying nor will I have any interest in it. And there's nothing worse than getting one person up to speed while everyone else is moving along quite fine, so please? No series related roleplays. And if you don't know what Ragnarok Online and WAKFU are, they're awesome and I highly recommend them!

- I also ask that you refrain from making romance the key point in your roleplays. Sure, it's a fine addition, but there's no need to make the story all about romance; or better yet don't let the genre become the world. So no arranged marriage roleplays, nothing of the sort. Although roleplays that take place in a cafe of some sort are always nice and refreshing! Lame pun, I know... There are very few genres that can get away with this, like a military roleplay in a time of war or a horror that takes place in an abandoned mental asylum even though horror logic suggests you never go in there. I'm digressing.

If you have something in mind, feel free to ask about it. I'm feeling a little adventurous after all. As much as I do have my favorites, I'm willing to try anything. If you currently are in one, post the link here, not my PM. I'm sure you may be looking for people to join your roleplay, which is why you're here, right? I hope I'm not being to unreasonable.

Romantic Prophet

And it would be most delightful if you could give this thread a bump! I'll try not to be a nuisance, though.

Anxious Cat

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ღ Miss Cat ღ
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

↬ Ayyyeee. Just came across your post and thought I'd let you know the role play
              I am currently running is open to just a couple more people. It's a small role play
              about an island that has been stuck in prehistoric times forever. A.K.A dinosaurs.
              If that floats your boat then go ahead and Click me! If not, then thanks for your time,
              and I would love to do a private role play or one you're in that needs people :3

Romantic Prophet

x__Miss_Cat__x
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ღ Miss Cat ღ
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

↬ Ayyyeee. Just came across your post and thought I'd let you know the role play
              I am currently running is open to just a couple more people. It's a small role play
              about an island that has been stuck in prehistoric times forever. A.K.A dinosaurs.
              If that floats your boat then go ahead and Click me! If not, then thanks for your time,
              and I would love to do a private role play or one you're in that needs people :3

Fascinating, though I'm not sure where or how I would jump in, truth be told.

Anxious Cat

Erwin Kohler
x__Miss_Cat__x
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ღ Miss Cat ღ
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Fascinating, though I'm not sure where or how I would jump in, truth be told.

We would wait for you to make a catch up post :3 If you want to just let me know.
I am intrigued by your proposal, sir, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. mrgreen

I too have relatively recently returned to Gaia after a long absence, with the same intention. I'm in a role-play right now which is fun but moving slowly, and the other I was in has died. So, I too am looking for a good story to help tell. I can certainly accept your terms, and although I don't really have anything specific in mind, I have some settings and characters knocking around in my head, and I'm sure that we could come up with something suitably interesting.

Romantic Prophet

MysterMe
I am intrigued by your proposal, sir, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. mrgreen

I too have relatively recently returned to Gaia after a long absence, with the same intention. I'm in a role-play right now which is fun but moving slowly, and the other I was in has died. So, I too am looking for a good story to help tell. I can certainly accept your terms, and although I don't really have anything specific in mind, I have some settings and characters knocking around in my head, and I'm sure that we could come up with something suitably interesting.

Ah, splendid, good chap! Indeed, I am curious about this other roleplay that you're in, and I'm also fascinated by the idea of a collaborative.
Erwin Kohler
Ah, splendid, good chap! Indeed, I am curious about this other roleplay that you're in, and I'm also fascinated by the idea of a collaborative.

Indubitably! xd The RP I'm currently involved in is about airship pirates, and I'm also planning on joining this one here. If you'd like to apply to either of those, I'd be more than happy to RP with you, and I imagine we could cook up something cool between the two of us as well. The collaboration might have to wait a while for its full realization, since the end of the semester is coming up and deadlines are breathing down my neck. But other than that, I'm game for anything!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff