Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stellar Succubus

dakki-dono
I just got 2.5 mill from the daily chance
don't get your hopes up

Chump change.

Though... does that refute your point or prove it?

In a relationship with 2pGermanly

Blessed Firestarter

15,400 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Piecatcher 100
The economy will never return to what it used to be, but I think over the past half year or so it's ever so slightly deflated. Lately it does seem a bit difficult to sell items though....

Beloved Gaian

Just jumped back into the community and it's funny to hear that there is actual deflation in the MP.
I look now and nearly everything is 1,000,000g+, but I guess that just shows my age on this site.

I noticed it mostly because I was stalking the Toy Revenge items like your crazy ex-girlfriend. And when I realized those (much to my joy) dropped, I noticed other items were dropping in price too, and I was able to snag a few others I'd been eyeing while I was at it. I also noticed my vend items weren't selling as fast, and that the whole market was slowing down. While that's frustrating as a seller, overall, it's a good thing. Deflation = gold is worth more = prices are more reasonable.

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Azunaz
Has anybody noticed the sudden deflation in almost every single item that goes above 1bil? since last week (7days ago) i have noticed everything i have on my wish list has dropped to 1/2 or 1/4th of its previous price, which is a massive drop in price. And so has most of my "valuables" in invetory. Anybody else noticed?

What caused this sudden change?
Will the economy go back to the "ol'" self?

There are people going around slashing prices on new items. For those of us who WEREN'T here in the golden age and are used to getting a certain amount for items, it's actually super annoying. I mean, I get that gold gens are bad and if I want gold I should buy items to sell, but don't tell me this and then turn around and prevent me from making gold when I do. smile

Feisty Vampire

I hardly noticed. One reason is because the items on my wishlist are still very pricey. But I would often browse in the marketplace for some items and I did notice that certain or few items have gone down in price. I am to think that some people see the higher price and know nobody will purchase it until it is lower (or know that some cannot afford it). Therefore, they place the item cheaper than that previous price. Just a hunch.

Girl-Crazy Gaian

I like it, as it promotes smart investing. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but that's the way it should be. You just win more if you do it right, compared to last summer where almost everything inflated so it was hard to go wrong.

Selling stuff does tend to go by slower on many items due to the gradual deflation of prices. Why buy today when it's probably going to be cheaper tomorrow? razz

Star-Crossed Gentleman

60,675 Points
  • Tree of Life 500
  • A True Gentleman 500
  • Smol Grump 500
I haven't noticed because the one item I really want is currently listed at 20tril. emotion_donotwant

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
CherryblossomGoodbye
I haven't noticed because the one item I really want is currently listed at 20tril. emotion_donotwant

Most items are still listed like that. The economy is still overly hyped up and part of it is because people are not even willing to lower their prices back down below that. I remember a time when people would wait a week for prices to go down. Now it's "gotta have it all and gotta have it nao!" I hate that! I really do. It's NOT good for us/community or for business.

Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
- B I a c k N e o n -
Yes I noticed too.. Alot of things that were out of price range are suddenly super affordable.
Some of the investments I've made have also devalued.. oh well!
I'm sorry this is OT, but your avatar is simply amazing.

Divine Anubutt

27,850 Points
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
it might have something to do with the fact that no one is buying anything because people are charging 30bill for a 6bill item >~>
none of my items are selling anymore because they're too busy trying to save up for all the massively inflated things they cant afford to be distracted with smaller items like the kind i sell trying to make gold to get some of these hyper inflated items

Toxic Trickster

Prism Stryder Kaede
it might have something to do with the fact that no one is buying anything because people are charging 30bill for a 6bill item >~>
none of my items are selling anymore because they're too busy trying to save up for all the massively inflated things they cant afford to be distracted with smaller items like the kind i sell trying to make gold to get some of these hyper inflated items

I doubt that's the thing. Since november up until now, even though the item was set too high people still bought it, by such i mean the price would increase. And if people were to drop the price, theres no way the owner of the item with common sense would drop it by lets say 200bil, which one of my items did. Nobody would want to lose that much Gold right?

I still can't figure it out *smashes head in desk*

Divine Anubutt

27,850 Points
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
Azunaz
Prism Stryder Kaede

I doubt that's the thing. Since november up until now, even though the item was set too high people still bought it, by such i mean the price would increase. And if people were to drop the price, theres no way the owner of the item with common sense would drop it by lets say 200bil, which one of my items did. Nobody would want to lose that much Gold right?

I still can't figure it out *smashes head in desk*

well a lot of the items i notice dropping in price below 1bill seem to be ones that aren't highly sought after there's no demand for the items so they drop in price as more people list them up for sale -n-

meanwhile the one's that are sought after get their value exploded 10x higher than the price would normally be so everyone scrambles to sell the lower priced items which just results in their prices dropping further without them selling much if at all.

Toxic Trickster

Prism Stryder Kaede

Can you list some items which remains under 1trillion, but has increased "x10" acording to the graph's as of late? (click on 1year to see)

Friendly Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Azunaz
Has anybody noticed the sudden deflation in almost every single item that goes above 1bil? since last week (7days ago) i have noticed everything i have on my wish list has dropped to 1/2 or 1/4th of its previous price, which is a massive drop in price. And so has most of my "valuables" in invetory. Anybody else noticed?

What caused this sudden change?
Will the economy go back to the "ol'" self?

GAIAONLINE IS LOOSING ITS ROOTS emotion_0A0
ORANGU TIA ONGUS POWER emotion_donotwant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas