Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Duck

User Image

I`M FOLLOWING THE MAP THAT LEADS TO YOU
a vampire knight au one x one between ice and coffee and silver-phoenix_zaniyah

Dapper Duck

User Image

tab tab tab tab tab tab ( WHEN YOU SMILE I CAN FEEL ALL MY PASSIONS UNFOLDING ) tab tab tab tab ( ALL THAT I'LL EVER NEED IS IN YOUR EYES )
                  tab tab ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ ✄ ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
                  tab tab tab ♔⊱ ███ ◞ I DO ! tab CHERISH YOU 》
                  tab tab tab tab tab tab tab FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE tab tab YOU DON'T HAVE TO THINK TWICE
                  x
                  tab tab YOUR HAND BRUSHES MINE tab tab AND A THOUSAND SENSATIONS SEDUCE ME tab tab YOUR HAND BRUSHES MINE tab tab AND A THOUSAND SENSATIONS SEDUCE ME
                  tab tab YOUR HAND BRUSHES MINE tab tab AND A THOUSAND SENSATIONS SEDUCE ME tab tab YOUR HAND BRUSHES MINE tab tab AND A THOUSAND SENSATIONS SEDUCE ME
                  tab tab tab tab tab tab *「 I WILL » tab tab → LOVE YOU STILL ◢
                  tab tab ↓FROM THE DEPTHS OF MY SOUL
                  tab tab tab tab tab tab I'VE WAITED SO LONG TO SAY THIS TO YOU tab ⊱┊█ IT'S OUT OF MY CONTROL tab

User Image
                                    User Image
                                  • It was a usual day at Kurosu Hoikuen, the popular local nursery run by the eccentric Kaien Cross and his busy caretakers. Most of the children had already been picked up, but there were still a few left and most of them were gathered around a tired-looking brunet. "Kuran-sensei, up, up!" one of the younger boys declared, stamping his feet and thrusting his tiny arms up. "Pick me up!" Just as Kaname was about to pick the boy up, one of the other caretakers came to the rescue.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Now, Keito-kun, you know you shouldn't bother Kuran-sensei when he's tired," Sayori scolded, picking the boy up instead. "You okay, Kuran-san? You look more tired than usual today." Her tone held genuine concern, and Kaname could only give her a small smile in reply.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"I'll be fine, Wakaba-san. Thank you for your concern." He wasn't used to working for such a long shift. After Kaien's tearful round of begging for his "cute little nephew" to work longer hours because of staffing issues, Kaname had reluctantly agreed. He did enjoy spending time around the younger children, but it was difficult balancing school and work. That and the nightmares were starting to plague him again.

By now, Kaname was certain that his strange dreams - memories - were not the product of an overactive imagination. He wasn't sure how many people retained the memories of their past life, but he could guess that not a lot did. Having all those memories were a terrible burden. In his memories, he wasn't a kind man. He ruined the lives of many others for the sake of his own selfish desires, and what he perceived to be a better ending. Kaname wasn't sure that his current self really would be capable of doing something like that.

Among his memories, two people stood out to him. The first was his dear, sweet Yuuki. She had been his light after so many years of darkness. He had truly loved her, but now he was feeling doubtful about whether she had loved him in return. Her heart, no matter how generous, was always divided. And how much of his love for her was a misguided sense of obligation towards Haruka and Juuri?

That brought him to the second person. Zero Kiryuu had a strong presence in Kaname's memories of the past. The defiant ex-human had earned his grudging respect and trust. Although he had been ruthless then, Kaname couldn't help but feel sorrow over the way he had used the young man. Zero had one of the kindest hearts he ever encountered.

Kaname had already seen some familiar figures from his past - Kaien, Sayori, and a few others. But Yuuki and Zero had yet to show up.

He turned his focus back to the present, noting which children were still left. A small silver-haired girl was still waiting for her parents. Kaname smiled, making his way towards her. Sierra Kiryuu (he ignored how his heart suddenly skipped a beat at the name) was one of the sweetest children at the nursery. Kaname wondered what her parents were like; they had raised such a darling child. "Sierra-chan," he called, stopping next to the girl. "Who's coming to pick you up?"

x

Ferocious Hellhound

20,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Frozen Scavenger 250
  • Cool Cat 500
                      User Image

tab tab WHEN YOU FEEL❛ MY H-HEAT
                      ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ⊱ ██████ ( ♔⋮ LOOK INTO MY EYES tab !!

x
                      tab tab DON'T GET TOO CLOSE tab tab IT'S DARK INSIDE tab tab IT'S WHERE MY DEMONS HIDE tab tab DON'T GET TOO CLOSE tab tab IT'S DARK INSIDE tab tab IT'S WHERE MY DEMONS HIDE
                      tab tab DON'T GET TOO CLOSE tab tab IT'S DARK INSIDE tab tab IT'S WHERE MY DEMONS HIDE tab tab DON'T GET TOO CLOSE tab tab IT'S DARK INSIDE tab tab IT'S WHERE MY DEMONS HIDE
                      tab tab tab tab I WANT TO HIDE THE TRUTH﹗ tab tab tab I WANT TO SHELTER YOU﹗
                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab I NEED TO LET YOU GO tab I CAN'T ESCAPE THIS NOW tab UNLESS YOU SHOW ME HOW
                      tab tab tab YOUR EYES◝ THEY SHINE SO BRIGHT tab
                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab I WANT TO SAVE 》 tab *「THAT LIGHT↓

User Image
                                              User Image
                                            • Sierra was quietly playing by herself. She watched as numerous kids were picked up by their parents or older siblings. That didn't bother the little girl though. She was excited. Her daddy was going to be picking her up today. Usually it was either Aidou-sama or Rima that picked her up. After all her daddy usually went to those two to babysit her. Her favorite was Aidou-sama because he was so funny. He made the funniest expression and it always made her giggle. They did all sorts of crazy stuff and her daddy didn't seem to mind all that much. She giggled softly, as she placed some blocks on each other. She was excited though. It wasn't often that her daddy came and picked her up. So she didn't mind all that much that he was late. She knew her daddy might have overslept or something, but she knew he would be here. Her daddy had never let her down before and he wasn't about to now. She knew he would come. It was only a matter of time after all. It didn't bother her though. She was excited. She placed another block onto her tower that she was already building.

She only stopped when a dark shadow overlapped her. She looked up, knowing who it was. She beamed as her bright sapphire blue eyes locked gazes with her sensei Kaname-sama. He was her favorite. He was so nice and kind. He always wore a friendly smile and was warm to touch. He just radiated kindness and warmth. She adored him. She flashed Kaname a bright warm smile. Her sapphire blue eyes twinkling in joy. "My daddy is. He said he would. He will be here soon, he promised. Usually Aidou-sama or Rima picks me up cause daddy is sleeping or at work, but today daddy will." She may be only three but she had a good grasp on the english language. She could say basic sentences but nothing complex. Her daddy read to her every night and she read with him. It was her favorite part of bedtime. Her daddy had got her reading as soon as she could talk and she loved it. She looked down from Kaname, her silver hair in a ponytail as she put another block onto her tower.

She stopped though, when she heard someone enter the classroom. Her sapphire eyes looked over and widened in happiness. She quickly stood up and ran towards the figure at the door. "Daddy!" She cried and attached herself to his leg. Her father laughed softly as his daughter attached herself to his leg. He happily picked her up and held her close, as the little girl startled blabbling to her daddy about her day and what she did. Violet eyes looked away from his chatting baby girl and locked gazes with Kaname. He walked over to him and held out his hands. "Hello. This is the first time we met, but thank you for taking care of my little girl. She is my pride and joy. I'm Sierra's father, Zero Kiryuu. Pleasure is all mine, Kaname-sama." He had read the name-tag on the other male's vest. A sense of recognition and deep emotions from a past long ago struck them like a lightning bolt.

x

Dapper Duck

User Image

tab tab tab tab tab tab ( WHEN YOU SMILE I CAN FEEL ALL MY PASSIONS UNFOLDING ) tab tab tab tab ( ALL THAT I'LL EVER NEED IS IN YOUR EYES )
                  tab tab ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ ✄ ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
                  tab tab tab tab tab tab tab FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE tab tab YOU DON'T HAVE TO THINK TWICE
                  x
                  tab tab tab tab tab tab I'VE WAITED SO LONG TO SAY THIS TO YOU tab ⊱┊█ IT'S OUT OF MY CONTROL tab

User Image
                                    User Image
                                  • An unpleasant shock struck him when Kaname heard Sierra mention the names "Aidou" and "Rima." There was no way that she was referring to Aidou Hanabusa and Touya Rima, was she? Kaien, Sayori, Aidou, Rima...these names were conjuring familiar faces from his painful past. With a pang, Kaname wondered if Kiryuu could possibly mean that he was also here.

Upon closer inspection, Sierra did seem to hold many of Kiryuu Zero's traits. Her silver hair and facial structure was extremely familiar to that of the ex-human hunter from his memories. Kaname opened his mouth to say something, but before he could speak Sierra had jumped up and ran towards someone with a happy cry of "Daddy!" Kaname stood up as well, turning around to greet Sierra's father.

...And promptly stopped in his tracks.

Because there he was, the silver-haired male that had been haunting his mind for so long. Kiryuu Zero stood before him, a happy and fond expression on his face as he picked up Sierra. This was the happiest Kaname had ever seen Zero; too often the (former) prefect's expression had been marred by suffering and self-loathing. The soft, unguarded expression of this father before him threw Kaname for a loop. He could see why Yuuki had been so attracted to the stubborn male - Zero was absolutely breathtaking like this.

His emotions were at war inside of him. Kaname barely heard Zero's words as he introduced himself. Still in shock, Kaname took Zero's hand and shook it firmly. "Ah...the pleasure is mine, Kiryuu-san." He answered politely, fighting to retain a sense of normality. The old pureblooded Kuran Kaname would have never lost his cool like this. "Sierra is one of the sweetest and smartest children I've taken care of. She's quite a jewel." His lips reluctantly pulled up into a smile.

Internally, Kaname thanked Kaien for forcing him into this shift. Never in his wildest dreams did Kaname imagine such a reunion to occur. Was it possible that Yuuki was also somewhere in this world then?

He was reluctant to let go of Zero - not when he just discovered the other's existence. He needed to know more. Did Zero remember any of this? They had been involved quite heavily in each others' lives before. Surely the silver-haired male would feel some sense of recognition. Fumbling around for a way to keep the discussion going, Kaname managed to say, "You and her mother must both be very proud of Sierra."

Kaname wondered how old Zero was. He already had a child, after all. There was no ring on his finger, but that was no indication of his marital status. Perhaps Zero didn't wear it? Kaname was glad that he had managed to find happiness in this life, even if it hurt to think that this connection from the past had...moved on.

x

Ferocious Hellhound

20,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Frozen Scavenger 250
  • Cool Cat 500
                      User Image

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

x
                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab I NEED TO LET YOU GO tab I CAN'T ESCAPE THIS NOW tab UNLESS YOU SHOW ME HOW

User Image
                                              User Image
                                            • Zero laughed softly as he held his sweet daughter close to him. He gave Kaname the most breathtaking smile. "Why thank you. I do try my best. I want the best for my little girl. She's the jewel in my eye. She's one of my most precious treasures. She is very fond of you too, Kaname-sama. She constantly talks about her favorite teacher. She has taken a very strong liking to you." Sierra blushed deeply. She buried her small face into Zero's leather jacket. She clutched onto it tightly, acting all cute and shy now. She had on the most adorable pout on her face. "Daddy. I do not." He laughed and kissed his daughter's forehead. "You do too. You tell me about him all the time. You even talk to Rima and Aidou constantly about him too. Although I think Aidou might have a crush on your teacher. He gets all all starry eyed and he constantly sighs happily whenever Kaname is mentioned." He laughed warmly at his little girl. Oh he had been the receiving end of Aidou's constant praising and wishing to meet this exclusive Kaname. Zero might not think Aidou's supposed crush on Kaname was that far fetched. Than again, Aidou surprisingly grew up with Zero and they were childhood friends. How weird was that. Zero couldn't help but think that in a past life, they weren't all this buddy buddy. Oh well, he did cherish his friendship with the blond and he was good with Sierra after all. Rima was also a friend of his as was her boyfriend Senri Shiki. Yeah he had some weird friends, but he loved them all the same.

Shaking his head, he chuckled softly and glanced towards Kaname. "As you can probably tell, I have some weird friends. Although I haven't seen Ichijo or Senri in awhile. Yeah Senri Shiki is Rima's boyfriend." He laughed softly. He wasn't sure why he said that, but there was a familiarity with Kaname. He could feel it. He knew this male from somewhere and Zero was starting to think it was from his strange hazy dreams. They had been getting clearer lately, but it wasn't enough to figure things out. He was still lost what the dreams meant, but Zero knew it had to do with his past life. A life he didn't remember and there was somebody special in those dreams. Maybe that was why he never had a relationship during high school and the thing with Sierra's mother was a one night thing. He didn't think she would get pregnant, but alas she was when Zero woke up one morning three years ago to a newborn baby in a basket crying for food and warmth. Yeah it wasn't easy being a single father and raising a child, but he fell in love with his little girl and as soon as he could, he had taken sole custody over Sierra. He never did see that girl again and Zero could careless about seeing her again. He was happy with his life and Sierra was all he needed. Although a part of him, wanted that mysterious figure in his dreams he was so intimate with.

Zero was pulled from his thoughts though, when Kaname mentioned Sierra's mother. A dark look crossed his face. "Sierra doesn't have a mother. She was abandoned as a newborn at my front door three years ago. I've raised her since and I have sole guardianship over her. She doesn't need that woman in her life. So I could careless what she thinks of her daughter. It was a one night stand, but I don't regret Sierra coming into my life. I love her." The dark look faded from his face, before he smiled softly. He used his other hand to rub the back of his neck sheepishly. "I'm sorry. Just her mother is a sore subject for me. Sierra knows that she has a mother, but she was too little to even remember what her mother looked like, sounded like or was like. I'm all she needs. Although she keeps insisting that I get a nice boyfriend, because she doesn't want me to be alone." Sierra pouted, before she crossed her arms across her chest cutely. "Daddy you need a man in your life. I'm the only girl you're allowed to have." Zero laughed warmly and ruffled her hair, making her pout even more. "Daddy!" Zero kissed the top of her head and glanced back at Kaname. "Anyways me and Sierra have dinner plans at the local restaurant. We can't be late. It was a pleasure meeting you Kaname-sama." He turned to leave, before Sierra looked between the two. A devious plan crossed her sweet three year old mind. She glanced so innocently at Kaname. "Will you join me and daddy? Daddy gets lonely when I'm in bed." She asked in the most innocent voice, as she batted her eyelashes cutely at her favorite teacher. Zero turned bright red and looked away, moving to reprehend his daughter for making such a suggestion with someone he had just met.
                                              x

Dapper Duck

User Image

x

User Image
                                    User Image
                                  • Kaname laughed at Sierra's reaction when she protested against her father's words. "Is that so?" Her mannerisms really were adorable. Leaning forward, Kaname added in a whisper, "Don't worry, Sierra-chan. You're my favorite student too." He was feeling slightly giddy. Kaname hadn't imagined that he would be able to hold a conversation with Zero, much less get along with him.

At the mention of Aidou and his "crush" on Kaname, the brunet fought the urge to blush. He still wasn't used to so many people admiring him for him, especially not for his looks. When he was a pureblood, it had been understandable, and it was something he adapted to. As a human...well, things were quite different. The attention he received was difficult to deal with, and as an automatic reaction Kaname was wary of someone who was infatuated with him.

But well...Aidou wouldn't be Aidou without his (slightly creepy) obsession with Kaname. Laughing nervously, Kaname replied, "Is that so? Your friend sounds...interesting." Starry-eyed and sighing happily? Bad signs.

The names "Ichijou" and "Senri" were another shock to Kaname. His childhood...friend and his cousin were both here as well? Kaname wondered why it was that everyone had gathered together except for him. He was not prepared for this at all. Did any of them remember the past like he did?

He listened patiently as Zero explained Sierra's origins. Kaname noted that the nursery was clearing out, and that only a few kids were left. "I'm sorry to bring up bad memories," he apologized to Zero. "But Sierra's a lucky child. You've done a good job with her." He smiled. Kaname felt a pang of sympathy for Zero. It seemed like it was still difficult for the silver-haired male to truly find happiness, even in this life. For a moment, Kaname grew still at the shadows that spread across Zero's face. The soft smile that followed though nearly took his breath away.

It was still a novel sight to see Zero smile from his heart.

"Boyfriend?" Kaname asked curiously. Sierra's explanation made perfect sense. So she didn't want another female near her father, huh? Kaname laughed softly. What would it be like if Yuuki was here, then? He distinctly remembered Zero's devotion and love for his younger sister. Kaname had grown to envy the level of loyalty Zero had towards Yuuki, but it was also what caused him to trust the former hunter.

Kaname was about to accept their invitation to dinner - after all, he really did want to spend more time getting to know this Kiryuu Zero, but he wasn't sure how to go about doing that without seeming like some creeper. Of course, Sierra's small comment at the end changed things. He stared at her in surprise; were three-year-olds supposed to have knowledge of...well, that? Zero flushed an adorable shade of red, and Kaname noted that he was about to reprimand his daughter.

The brunet shook his head, instead leaning forward to ask, "Ah, Sierra-chan...could it be that you're lonely when you go to bed?" That was a way to salvage the situation, right? He wasn't sure what she was implying, but Kaname fervently hoped it wasn't what he thought it was. "If you're okay with it, I don't mind keeping you company," he murmured to the Kiryuu duo. He hoped that he wouldn't be intruding (too much).

x

Ferocious Hellhound

20,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Frozen Scavenger 250
  • Cool Cat 500
                      User Image

x

User Image
                                              User Image
                                            • Zero blinked. He was about to reprimand his daughter when Kaname intervened. He was startled at first. Sierra glanced up at her teacher and she blushed lightly when Kaname whispered in her ear. She giggled softly, still wearing that innocent expression on her face. "Oh no. I am never lonely, I have lots of stuffies and toys to keep me company, but daddy is oh so lonely that he has no one to share the bed with. After all even daddy needs to play" She replied ever so innocently. Zero turned bright red. He coughed and covered his mouth with his arm. Where the hell was his daughter learning this language from. There is no way that she should be implying what she was at three! His daughter was too smart for her own good. Maybe it was Aidou's fault. It probably was. He would have a nice talking to with the blond male. His precious angel shouldn't be learning this stuff at three! It was stuff for later when she was much older. Seriously where the hell was she learning this stuff? Still Zero knew he had to savage this before, Kaname knew what his precious girl was implying. He coughed again. "Now Sierra, we shouldn't be talking about this stuff. Not until you're much older. Now I'm sure we should be getting some food into your stomach it is getting late." Sierra pouted lightly. "But daddy! I know not what you're talking about." His daughter was apparently a smart a** too. Seriously where did he go wrong?

Before he could leave, Kaname had taken Sierra's invitation. At first he wanted to decline, but Kaname was hot and well there was an attraction there. Besides his daughter's pleading look also broke the straw. He flashed the teacher a warm smile. "Yeah sure. We could use the extra company. Come on. We're going to a family restaurant. Do you have your own car? I can give you a ride if you need it." Sierra was cheering though, when her father agreed to have Kaname join them. She would hook up her father and her teacher. Her daddy deserved someone in life. Someone who would treat him well and with respect and who loved kids. Kaname was all of those things and Sierra wanted to see more of her teacher than in the nursery. So she was going to play matchmaker and make sure that her daddy would find happiness in her teacher. She wasn't stupid though. She could see the connection between the two of them as soon as they met. She just needed to make sure that her daddy capitalized on it.

Zero on the other hand, his mind was running a mile a minute. His daughter was a devious little girl. He wandered where she got that damn streak from. It must be her babysitters. He would need to give them a good talking too. Still he wasn't expecting Sierra to invite her teacher like she did. Although Zero couldn't deny there was a connection between him and Kaname. He wasn't sure what it was but there was something between them. He knew it and he wasn't going to deny it. Kaname was the first one, he had a semblance of attraction to. So who was he to deny this gorgeous man want to give with them for dinner. Besides he could never say no to his daughter's pleading eyes. He turned and walked towards where Sierra had her stuff. He gathered up her jacket and lunch kit. Sierra grabbed her jacket and slipped it on. She smiled at Kaname, after Zero had placed her down. She was now holding her daddy's hand. "Come on. We're going. Come on." She giggled. Zero smiled and followed his daughter out, mouthing sorry to Kaname for being dragged into this.

x

Dapper Duck

User Image

x

User Image
                                    User Image
                                  • Sierra's not-so-innocent words left him speechless. Where in the world did she learn all that? Well, judging from Zero's reaction, it seemed like he was also unprepared for his daughter's innuendos. This was really different though, in a nice kind of way. Kaname had never seen Zero so flustered before. The Zero he did know back then was always stoic or scowling. Not...blushing.

"Ah...I would appreciate the ride, actually," Kaname replied with a sheepish smile. "I actually live nearby, and I usually walk from the university to the nursery if I have classes that day." Which he did today. Honestly, the only reason he worked here was because it was convenient for commuting - well, that and Kaien's status as his uncle. It did help him save on gas fees though. His own car sat mostly unused during the weekdays; it was only during the occasional weekend when he drove off to see his parents that the poor machine got any exercise.

Kaname blinked as Sierra giggled and asked him to follow. At Zero's silent apology, he shook his head and smiled to gesture that it was alright. "Sorry Kiryuu-san, I need to go get my stuff first." He bowed in apology. He was still wearing the caretaker apron as well. "Hang on, this won't take too long." Kaname excused himself and re-entered the nursery, where he hastily took off his the apron and smoothed down his dress shirt. As a medical student, he always dressed nicely, but for some reason Kaname was slightly more concerned with his appearance more than ever.

Adjusting his tie and blazer, Kaname was forcibly reminded of how impeccable the pureblood Kaname had been. He wondered what the Kaname of then would have said about his appearance now? Picking up his briefcase, he gave a hurried goodbye to a puzzled Kaien and stopped in front of Zero and Sierra.

"Sorry for the wait, but I'm ready to go when you are." Zero didn't seem to recognize him, and Kaname was not sure if that was a good thing or not. The ex-human hunter had hated his pureblood self almost right until the very end, before he sacrificed himself by throwing his heart into the furnace. Kaname had seen understanding and empathy for the first time in Zero's eyes, and that had brought a sense of peace to the tired Ancestor. Perhaps they could start again from here.

A little voice in his mind couldn't help but wonder where Yuuki was. If everyone was indeed around, where was his dear younger sister? Having had the memories for so long, Kaname slowly came to conclude that he had misinterpreted his love for her, and at the same time it bothered him that she never could quite make up her mind between Zero and himself. He still treasured her (very much so), but Kaname had come to realize that he probably would not be able to harbor romantic feelings for her.

Since Zero was acquainted with so many of the old crowd, he wondered if it hurt to ask. "Ah, Kiryuu-san? I don't mean to be a bother, but would you happen to know anyone named Yuuki?"

x

Ferocious Hellhound

20,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Frozen Scavenger 250
  • Cool Cat 500
                      User Image

x

User Image
                                              User Image
                                            • Zero glanced at Kaname. He nodded his head, before heading out with Sierra. They didn't need to wait long before Kaname joined them. He waved his free hand and smiled warmly at the other male. "Don't worry. We weren't waiting long were we Sierra?" Sierra beamed, before shaking her head. "No course not. Let's go daddy. I hungry." Zero laughed. "Alright sweetheart. Let's go." He than walked with Kaname and Sierra to the SUV. He walked towards it and opened the door. He picked up his little girl and placed her in her car seat. He than buckled her up and placed her bag besides her. Sierra was humming softly, before she stretched and smiled at her dad. Zero kissed her forehead and closed the door, after he knew she was secured. He than slid into the driver's side. When Kaname was inside and buckled up, Zero backed out of the nursery and drove off heading towards their favorite place. He looked over when Kaname asked him something. It was only a quick glanced, before shaking his head. "No I haven't exactly met anyone named Yuuki. Sorry Kaname. Was there a reason why you're looking for her? I mean I could ask either Rima, Senri, Aidou or Ichijou. Maybe Kain might know. He's Aidou's cousin. But if you're really looking for her, maybe one of my friends might know of her whereabouts." He focused back on the road, stopping at the stop light.

Sierra pouted cutely in the back. "Kana-chan is that Yuuki person, you're special one? Daddy doesn't have a special one. Well he has me, but daddy needs a special one too." She didn't like the idea of this Yuuki person. What relationship did she have with Kana-chan. Kana-chan wasn't allowed to have a girlfriend. No Kana-chan was suppose to hook up with daddy. Daddy was the only one that Kana-chan needed. If that Yuuki person was indeed Kana-chan's special one, than she would have to get them to break up. Yes little Sierra wanted her teacher to date her daddy. She would make it happen. She would make sure that her daddy had a special someone too. Besides Sierra couldn't see anyone else better for her daddy than her teacher. They were perfect for each other. She just needed to get them to realize it. Once they did, her work would be done and she would have two daddies. She was excited about that prospect and she would make sure that happened. She just needed to keep at it and be patient. That was the only way she would achieve what she wanted for her daddy's happiness.

Eventually the car started up again and they drove to the cute family restaurant. It was a favorite place for Zero and Sierra. It was their special place and the food was amazing. It was all home cooked and the smells were mouthwatering. Zero parked the car and got out. He walked towards the back and unbuckled his daughter. He helped her down and closed the door. He than walked towards the entrance and walked in. The hostess greeted them and Zero said he needed a table for three. She nodded and guided them to their spot. Zero grabbed a booster seat and place it towards the wall and sat Sierra down in there. He grabbed a seat beside her and glanced up at Kaname. "This is our favorite restaurant. They have the best food here as everything is homemade. Hopefully you enjoy it, as much as we do." He handed the children's menu to his three year old and looked at what he wanted to eat.

x

Dapper Duck

User Image

x

User Image
                                    User Image
                                  • Well, Kaname wasn't too surprised, but he couldn't help feeling a measure of disappointment anyways. Having both Yuuki and Zero around was way too good to be true. "Is that so..." he murmured absentmindedly. Just because Zero didn't know her didn't mean that his younger sister didn't exist in this world. Regardless of their rather dubious "romance," Yuuki was still family (though not so much in this world).

"My special one?" he echoed Sierra, a hint of wonder in his own tone. "She is quite special to me." Kaname nodded, still deep in thought. It wasn't like he could forget Yuuki and all she had meant to him in the past. It was just like how he couldn't forget Zero as well. "Although I am not sure how our...relationship stands," he hesitated to really label it a romance. "She was once someone of great importance to me." Kaname fought the urge to add, and so were you. To Zero, he was a stranger. It wouldn't do to scare him off.

A small smile broke out when Kaname saw the family restaurant. He never could have imagined the Zero of the past going to a place like this. Perhaps he would've been convinced by the chairman and Yuuki, scowling all the while and reluctantly ordering. It was a wonder to see the difference between the two Zeros. Kaname sat down opposite of the father-daughter pair, taking a menu for himself.

Kaname smiled at Zero's statement. "I like homemade food," he quickly reassured. "Just not the cooking of my uncle Kaien. He's a disaster when it comes to the kitchen. It's a wonder I haven't died yet from toxic poisoning."

That was nostalgic as well. He remembered that Cross had been legendary for his inability to cook. His dear Yuuki had been a disaster in the kitchen as well. If Kaname recalled correctly, Yuuki had mentioned that the two of them survived on Zero's cooking. He wondered if Zero still cooked. According to Yuuki, Zero's cooking was "the best!" Since they weren't enemies this time around, Kaname wondered if he would be lucky enough to taste Zero's cooking.

Having selected his choice of food, Kaname signaled for a server. A waitress came by, notepad and pen in hand. She opened her mouth to speak when she caught sight of the two handsome men. A heavy blush settled over her cheeks as she stuttered, "W-What would you l-like to order, s-sirs?" She had noticed the presence of little Sierra next to Zero, and her happiness deflated a bit as she connected their similar appearances. But there was still the issue of Kaname... The young woman turned to him, still blushing bright red.

User Image

Sighing, Kaname got ready to order. It was always like this, he noted with dismay. A sense of unease settled into him the longer she stared at him. How in the world did his pureblood self deal with this issue? It had felt natural back then. Now, people ogling him just made him uncomfortable. "Ah yes, thank you very much," he refrained from smiling. Perhaps being aloof would discourage her. "I'd like to have an espresso." He was going to need coffee to get through the night. Being a part-time medical student and part-time caretaker was no easy task.

Truthfully he wasn't too hungry at the moment. Thanks to his busy schedule, Kaname had developed a rather capricious eating schedule. He was accustomed to eating while working, or having a quick cold meal while taking a small break. Having all this time to sit down and eat was quite the luxury. Turning to Zero, he smiled slightly, careful to keep that out of the view of the waitress. No need to let her see. "Kiryuu-san? Do you have any recommendations?"

x

Ferocious Hellhound

20,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Frozen Scavenger 250
  • Cool Cat 500
                      User Image

x

User Image
                                              User Image
                                            • Sierra frowned softly. She didn't like the way her teacher was talking about this Yuuki person. He should only be thinking of one person and that person was her daddy. Her daddy deserved to be happy. He has never been happy in all of his life. Sure he had her, but it wasn't the same. Sierra maybe three but she wasn't stupid. She knew her daddy needed more in his life besides her. She was his little angel and his baby girl, but her daddy needed someone to kiss his owies and be there when he was down. Sure she could do it, but it wasn't the same. She had seen other children with a mommy and a daddy. She saw how happy the parents were being with each other. Maybe a part of her wanted a mother figure. However she would rather have another daddy figure. She wanted Kana-chan to be her other figure. She wanted her daddy to be happy with Kana-chan. Although she was rather pleased though when it seemed this Yuuki person was no longer in Kana-chan's life. Well she would need an ally. Someone who will be her partner in getting her daddy together with Kana-chan and she knew the perfect person. He was after all, always trying to set daddy up with someone. Most of the time daddy was pissed about it, but he kept trying. She would enlist the help of Ichi-chan. She was positive he would agree too.

Smiling at the new plan forming in her mind, she pointed to what she wanted on her menu. "Daddy I want chicka and chips." Zero looked over and nodded. "Of course sweetheart." He smiled at her and handed her some crayons. She giggled and started to doodle on her paper menu. When she was occupied, he turned back to Kaname. He wasn't sure why, someone who he only just met was talking about some girl. No he knew why, but he wasn't sure why his heart clenched in pain every-time Kaname mentioned that girl's name. He didn't like it. He didn't like how Kaname almost seemed fond of the girl and Zero didn't like it. He was almost feeling jealous. He wasn't exactly pleased with himself. He just met the damn guy, but Kaname was unleashing strange but familiar feelings of a past long forgotten. Zero wasn't sure though, but he had a sinking suspicion that it was tied to these strange dreams he was having. The ones that were becoming clearer everyday and the longer he was in Kaname's presence, the more predominate his figure seemed to be in his dreams. It was weird, but he would keep it to himself for now.

Zero was pulled from his thoughts when he saw the waitress come up. Instantly he was pissed that the girl was flirting with the male opposite of him. When the waitress saw Sierra, she had turned her attention onto Kaname. The poor older man looked clearly uncomfortable. He coughed and reached over. He grabbed Kaname's hand. "Could you please not flirt with my boyfriend? You're giving him too much unwanted attention and it's making him uncomfortable." He narrowed his violet eyes. Zero didn't know why, but he felt a sudden protective streak flare up into him and he wanted the damn waitress to back off. He than looked towards the menu. "Our daughter will have the chicken fingers and fries. Gravy and plum sauce with an orange juice. I'll have the bacon cheeseburger with fries and gravy with a pepsi.Well my boyfriend will have the chicken burger with fries and gravy." He than gathered up the two menus and handed them to the flustered waitress who had rushed off to get their orders. He pulled his hand from Kaname's and gave him a soft smile. "I'm sorry. You were looking uncomfortable. So I needed to get her to back off, but the chicken burger is really good and light. You look like you don't eat much." He shifted and rested against the booth, starring at Kaname. Zero was observant, always had been, always would be in every life especially when it came to Kaname.

x

Dapper Duck

User Image

x

User Image
                                    User Image
                                  • Kaname had been surprised when Zero reached for his hand, but he kept a tight reign over his cool expression. He couldn't let the waitress know that, after all. He was relieved, and a slightly self-conscious, when Zero rose in his defense. It was still hard to reconcile the Zero of his memories with the Zero in front of him. Was this what Zero was like, if Kaname had never intervened in his life?

It felt nice to have someone who would watch his back. Kaname had always been a rather independent and solitary figure, both in his past lives and this one. To know that there was a remnant of his past who could care this much...it gave him a slightly warm feeling. As the waitress left, he gave Zero a small smile.

"Thank you very much, Kiryuu-san. I didn't mind it at all." He fought the urge to take Zero's hand again; already he was missing the warmth. A somewhat sheepish expression crossed his face. "I'm sorry about that. You would think I'd be used to it by now, but I still find it difficult to deal with such attentions."

Well, that and he was used to being cooped up by himself. At school, he had been far too mature for the other children to like playing with him, so he was always at the library with his books. And as a medical student, Kaname hardly had time for anything at all. It was a good way to avoid facing people and their stares. It didn't matter if he was the master of social conventions in his past life - to him, the human him, it was just uncomfortable.

Kaname couldn't help but chuckle at Zero's accurate description. "Ah, you caught that?" Drumming his fingers lightly on the table, he hummed in agreement. "I'm a medical student. The workload at school is pretty heavy, and I don't have much time to really sit down and eat. This is a rather nice change, actually." He was pleased by Zero's observation. The hunter had always been perceptive (he was one of the Association's top hunters, after all), and Kaname was happy to see that this trait had carried over into this life as well.

"Sorry, Sierra-chan," he apologized to the silver-haired girl, remembering that it wasn't just Zero and himself at the table. "It must be really boring, listening to us talk."

Before he could say anything else, however, a sudden and familiar voice came from behind him. "What a coincidence, Zero, Sierra-chan!" Kaname stiffened. There was no way he could mistake this cheerful tone for anything else. Sure enough, a relatively attractive blond male with green eyes came into view, waving happily at the trio. "I didn't think I'd run into you guys here."

User Image

His emerald eyes settled on Kaname, and a curious twinkle appeared in his eyes. "Oh - you have company today." Kaname had made sure that his features were settled into a neutral expression, quickly hiding the shock from his former childhood friend's sudden appearance. Two in one day? First Zero, and now Takuma. This really was too much of a shock.

"Hello! I'm Takuma Ichijou, Zero's friend. I don't think we've ever met...?"

Kaname took the hand that was offered to him and shook it firmly. "Kaname Kuran. I actually just met Kiryuu-san myself today. I work as a caretaker at the nursery Sierra-chan attends."

x

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces