• OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image
•✾●●●●●✾••✾●●●●●✾••✾●●●●●✾••✾●●●●●✾•

User Image
Quoth the Raven
Shove off!

Athena gently tucked Edgar back into his pouch, mostly for convenience and warmth. She picked out the feathers he had tore from himself and set them free, the breeze picking them up and blowing them a little ways away. She moved to stand as she heard her name called again, and she turned to see that Alroy was down from his spirit companion, his head in his hands. Was he concerned for her? That was much different to the aura he had been sporting not long ago. It seemed, though, that Sangwen had reasoned enough with him that he was shutting down the dark side.

Sangwen's voice echoed in her head, asking her questions about the newcomer. There was a newcomer? She had been completely immersed in her own world with her taking care of Edgar that she had completely forgotten they were still in a forest that housed countless creatures from all over the world. Her eyebrows quirked as he mentioned his stomach hurting-but he had also mentioned that she was beautiful. He's experiencing infatuation... She thought calmly to herself. That was a normal part of meeting those who you were attracted to.

Truth be told, she had felt the slightest tug in her own stomach when she had first seen Alroy. Part of it was nervousness, for he was daunting and menacing. After all, he was far taller than she, even her wings couldn't compensate. She still had not seen his face much until now...The curious valkyrie took a few light paces closer to him, wanting more than anything to reach out and take the helmet off. He will do it on his own when he is comfortable enough to expose himself. She resolved in her head, sighing softly.But not long after she had made it toward them had his spirit horse began to paw the ground, glaring at the new creature who had stepped out into the clearing.

The girl hover as she had before, holding up her hands in a non-threatening manner. She hushed him softly, "She bears us no ill thoughts, she simply doesn't know how to approach all of us. There was a dark and vicious aura surrounding all of us, and she is being precautious. Will you stand down for me? Her eyes looked at him, pleading him to think about her words before he actively tried to run her down and take her out. Athena turned her head and looked over to the..centaur? The centaur with a welcoming and heartwarming smile, her feet touching the ground again.

"As Sangwen has expressed, we mean no harm. We all have had a stressful and trying morning. And none of us...Are quite so great when new people come into the picture. We share the forest, though, and you have a right to be here. All I can ask is not to approach this spirit here," She ran her hand up and down the horse's neck. "Because he is defensive of his master. They share a connection where their thoughts and feelings are similar. His master is apprehensive around others, not much a social creature. Please honor that and I'm sure we will all warm up to you soon."

Her smile never faded or weakened, she was genuinely happy that another was here. The timid nature of the centaur was good for Alroy since she wasn't directly coming up and attempting to befriend him or his companion. She turned away from the new girl back to Alroy. Athena took his hand gently in her, interlocking them as they had it before. "This is a big step and I know if you don't want this right now. But I will be here with you every step of the way to support you. Okay? Easy does it, just introduce yourself-your name." She nodded encouragingly at him, her hand squeezing his gently.

All we do is hide away
All we do is chase the day 
All we do is live inside a cage
All we do is play it safe
All I did was fail today
All I wanna be is whites in waves

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image
✿ϻαяsнʞα тнє cєитαʊя✿

ღ❀●•♪❀❀●•♪❀❀●•♪❀❀●•♪❀❀●•♪❀ღ
Tilting her head at the group, she looked to them curiously and as all of them seemed to address her and be much more calm now, she slipped her arrow back in its quiver before strapping her bow onto her back. Uhm, well hello then...nice to meet you Athena she said as she looked to her, since she was the only one who had introduced herself by name before she looked to Alroy and Sangwen and smiled a little, though she slowly came into view just a bit more and then stayed where she was so there was still some distance between her and the others. Its ok, I don't mean to pry, but I was hunting nearby and was curious as to what all the commotion was about...nice to see you as well Sangwen, is everything all right?

She had never truly seen someone who seemed shy but she thought it was a little but adorable that he seemed flustered by her presence. And then there was Alroy and his horse, ears twitching cutely when she saw that he was a Dullahan, making her smile a little bit. You're a Dullahan, are you not? I've seen but only one other one in my entire life...but, what are you two? Looking to Athena and Sangwen, she had curiosity in her eyes now, since she could sense that there was no danger now and could relax a little more now.
Alroy Flynn Reid

Old Potato snorted and reared his head back, protesting Athena's attempt to calm him at first. But on top of Alroy's gratitude and endearment to the valkyrie, she also seemed to have a certain... something about her that made Old Potato halt and regard her. She wasn't like the others back in the city, who had approached him without warning - without permission - and saw him as nothing more than a dumb animal to pet as they pleased. No, this woman not only understood him as a horse but had expressed her knowledge that he was much more than that. She approached him with respect, kept her movements slow and deliberate, talked to him as a person rather than someone's pet, and even warned off the new creature from repeating the same careless actions as those before her.

And so Old Potato honored the valkyries words and remained where he was, shifting his weight and merely glaring at the other girl before allowing Athena the privilege of touching him. Her gentle strokes down his neck soothed him further until the horse-girl finally decided to put her weapon away, easing both his and Alroy's minds to the point where the violent intent in the horse's eyes melted away completely, replaced by a much more passive calm.

However, the horse's renewed attitude belied his master's own feelings. Although having Old Potato cool off helped immensely in keeping his power in check, he still felt there were far too many people near him yet to be completely himself and once again wondered what in the lords' names he was thinking trying to enter a city when he was so easily intimidated by the presence of three people, all of who had been so far much more civil and kinder than his own behavior a few moments before. He took another step back but this time Old Potato didn't follow and Athena took his hand in hers, her warm and comforting gesture stopping him from moving any further. He closes his fingers around her hand, but his built-up anxiety still swirled around in the pit of his stomach.

"Athena, I am not sure if I can do this anymore right now..." he whispered, right before the horse-girl decided to address him. He swallowed and took a deep breath before forcing a reply out. "Yes, I-I am a dullahan. Alroy Flynn Reid is my name. My kind is rare but... if you've met one before, then you know to heed Athena's words. Please don't come near me or my horse right now..."

Morgana the Demon Queen

Lovely Little Neko14

User Image User Image

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▉ ▉ ▉ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

Closed in a room,
My imagination
Becomes the universe,
And the rest of the world
Is missing out.

◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►
The dragon's eyebrows pulled together as the creature hid away her weapon and begun to approach them, cautiously, of course. He glanced back to Athena and tilted his head. Athena had met her before? How else could she know Athena's name? But perhaps...She read minds or heard the dullahan's soft voice speaking of the valkyrie's name. Horses had better hearing still than humans, right? As most creatures did? A sudden rush of thoughts swirled in his head and he couldn't really make up his mind why he was awed by her.

His head shifted back until his gaze fell on the centaur again, genuinely intrigued by her and what she could possibly do. Even the way his name came out on her tongue was beautiful and melodic. Yes, everything...everything seems to be alright now. He watched her with the tender curiosity of a toddler, smiling as her ears twitched. Sangwen had often seen creatures with sensitive ears do that very motion, for though they were a weakness, it also was an indication of strength and interest.

When her eyes moved back between Athena and him, he hesitated, his cheeks tinging a soft pink. The other two knew, and if she had been looking up from wherever it was she was hiding just a handful of minutes ago, she would know that he was a purebred dragon of one of the dying offshoots from the standard European dragons. Well, that is to say if she had knowledge about dragons and the various kinds that appeared around the world. The least she would have been able to deduce was that he was a dragon, a purple one of course.

It was then that he realized he had stood there staring at her and the trees behind her with eyes glazed over for at least three minutes. He shook his head, clearing the stream of thoughts that bombarded him in order to focus on her question. When conversing, he only found it polite to give the other his full attention. Sangwen made for an attentive listener and generally one with feedback and comments. I am a dragon. He answered simply, his voice ringing clear in her head.
◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►

I am silent,
For I cannot speak without stuttering
And maybe it's for the better
That you hear me in your mind...
My thoughts flows like a river,
Memories clear as day,
And I can feel safe,
Knowing there's no judgement then.

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image
User Image

If I could find assurance to leave you behind
I know my better half would fade
And all my doubt is a staircase for you
Opened out of this maze
The first step is the one you believe in
The second one might be profound.

The little valkyrie turned from Alroy as the centaur spoke, her hands still holding onto his tightly. As much as it was that she was comforting Alroy in his time of distress, it was just as soothing if not more soothing for her to share the warmth. Something about the entire day's ordeal brought her closer to him. She couldn't help but be grateful for it, and not want anyone or anything to take that away from her. And perhaps that was selfish of her-to want their connection to remain undisturbed such that it thrive like mushrooms in a damp cave- or maybe it was selfless. She was helping another to gain control over their social skills, wasn't she? Maybe, in the end, it was both. But her constant self-abnegation throughout her life, she felt, warranted some level of selfishness now. And if Freyja believe differently, may she and Odin strike the creature down, damning her to live the life she fled from.

Athena frowned as the girl addressed her by name, wondering how it was that she knew it...After all, Athena hadn't said a word of her name. Alroy had though, right? Her heightened sense of sound was most likely the reason for her having known it. Her frown turned back into a calm and relaxed face, her lips neutrally set.

Alroy's body changed immediately as he was addressed after her, screaming more things that one to her. First and foremost, he was tense and rigid-probably out of fear and anxiety. The entire day had been much a mess for his first attempt to socialize with the outside world. From the incident at the beginning, Sangwen's huge mistake...She knew he had to have been overwhelmed. Unfortunately, she was right when he verbally confirmed he felt like he couldn't do it. His voice stabbed her ears, making her insides knot and tumble. If not for the poor spirit horse's breakdown earlier, she would say it was the worst sound she had ever heard that day as he seemed emotionally on the downward slope.

Thankfully, he managed an answer for the girl who called herself Marshka. He had even gone to the extent of defending himself and warning her to listen to what the silver-haired girl had to say. That in and of itself was brilliant progress-and she would be the only one to note that and internally celebrate it. Why don't we take a walk then, Alroy? You've had a rough day. I'm sure your spirit companion would love to keep you company. And should you care for mine, I'd be more than willing to oblige you. She said in a hushed and comforting tone. The words practically rolled off her tongue like the way water skimmed over the surface of the rocks.It was beautiful and serene in many respects, calming even the most enraged creature that ever stumbled upon the imaginary brook.

Unable to ignore anyone, Athena turned back to the girl. Her curiosity was genuine and it wasn't everyday that creatures from different cultures come together. Besides, the short girl's race was relatively rare as well, only being found in the Scandinavian regions of Europe. Though, she would never compare her numbers to that of the dullahan's. Now they were like a miracle race.A valkyrie. She answered matter-of-factly. Whether the half-horse, half-human girl knew what that entailed, she would only have to find out. Athena had no qualms about answering questions regarding who she was, what she did, how old she was, where she was from or about her past. She wasn't ashamed of her race-if anything, she was proud. She was a gorgeous creature, or at least she thought so. But she didn't go shoving it in people's face, saying she was more special than anyone else. That was immodest, rude, and untrue.

I'll follow you down, through the eye of the storm
Don't worry I'll keep you warm.
I'll follow you down, while we're passing through space
I don't care if we fall from grace
I'll follow you down

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image
✿ϻαяsнʞα тнє cєитαʊя✿

Eyes lighting up, she seemed rather fascinated by the group, but then she noticed that there was still some tension so she looked down and stretched out a little. A valkyrie...how lovely. I've never met a valkyrie before. Grinning from ear to ear, it seemed that the little centaur was full of childlike wonder but understood and knew better than to push the situation any further when she had but just met them all. Hopefully though, if enough time had passed and everything went well, she could eventually become friends with them and get the chance to know them all better. Turning to face Sangwen now, she tilted her head and took a small step towards him but stopped, shifting a little since she was planning on selling the elk on her back in the city and she wished for some company. A dragon...that's...wait, how did you talk without moving your lips?

I did just hear him speaking to me...but did his mouth even move? Looking to Sangwen and then to the others, she seemed a little confused by this as her ears folded back slightly and she gave a small tilt of her head. Is that some sort of power that you possess or just a little bit of telepathy? Maybe the others were older but if that was the case, this would probably show that she might be younger than all of them and probably didn't know much about some of the species that existed in the world.
Alroy Flynn Reid

Alroy was somewhat grateful that the horse-girl decided to not to talk to him further. He just wanted to find a quiet place to reflect and relax for a while. Then Athena spoke again, and his chest rose and fell in a silent sigh at Athena's soothing words. It was as if with every syllable spoken by the valkyrie put him more and more at ease. Surely, he wanted nothing more than to take her up on her second offer of company but... would that be selfish at this point?

The green eyes hidden by his helmet moved to the dragon once more. His horse turned his head and nudged Alroy's shoulder, speaking for the first time in the presence of others but heard only by Alroy. For only Alroy, animals, and those that the spirit horse deemed fit could understand the horse's meaning to the fullest, which now only reflected Alroy's biggest desire.

"Take the offer, stupid. I don't have the urge to hoof her in the face when she gets near, and she can help you. Lest you want to risk her not asking a third time."

It was tempting. The dragon seemed preoccupied with the horse-girl - what was her name again? He had missed her introduction earlier - and so perhaps it would be alright to steal Athena away while they talked. If not for Alroy's grievous misbehavior, he might had gone ahead and accepted without question. But as things stood, Alroy slowly, reluctantly, uncurled his fingers from around Athena's hand.

"In truth... I would love a walk with you, but... what of your dragon friend?" he replied in a low voice. "He needed you, didn't he? I feel it'd be... wrong of me to pull you away now knowing the reason you were taken. You should see to him..."

Morgana the Demon Queen

Lovely Little Neko14

User Image User Image

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image

Closed in a room,
My imagination
Becomes the universe,
And the rest of the world
Is missing out.

◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►
He continued to observe as he always did, the ends of his lips curling up with contentment. She seemed mesmerized by the new discovery, and Sangwen couldn't blame her. If anything, he could recall the time that he had the same look of wonder. Valkyries had been like legends told and passed on for generations-thought to be real, thought to be out there somewhere. Undoubtedly, hardly were seen as they were keepers of the dead. Even, deciders of fate. This is why he had so much respect for the little creature. He would never dare, nor wish to ever be in the position that was forced upon her. She had time and time again expressed the kind of pain it brought her, the sorrow year after year. No...the sorrow it brought her second by second as she trudged on in her life of servitude.

The change that she decided for herself is what connected them, as he had done the same. He refused to be like his kind. In that, he lost part of his identity. He lost what and who he was meant to be; but in the same token, he gained and actualized a new identity that he could be proud of. He wouldn't be just another that pillaged away, ruined the livelihoods of unknowns. He wouldn't be consumed by greed and rage, taking it out on innocents. He decided quite the opposite. He chose and worked toward being kind, caring, thoughtful, inquisitive, understanding, moved by anything and everything. It felt like...His duty. There was enough hatred and war in the world, inexplicable grief and hardship. Who was he to add to that?

Her words woke him from his reverie, and he nodded silently. It's difficult to explain the genesis of my power. My verbal speech is incoherent, not to mention a thoroughly embarrassing disability. Call it telepathy if you so choose. I find its more than just...Speaking to your mind.To me, it seems to have transferred from my shifted form. His thoughts flowed smoothly into her mind as the connection was made, his river of words gliding over the nooks and crannies of her gray matter.
◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►

I am silent,
For I cannot speak without stuttering
And maybe it's for the better
That you hear me in your mind...
My thoughts flows like a river,
Memories clear as day,
And I can feel safe,
Knowing there's no judgement then.

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image
User Image

Opened out of this maze

Athena watched the curious pair of creatures interact. One of an old world...A world she once knew. And one of the new, only barely sprouting into a citizen of the world. It was intriguing the way in which the two were captivated by one another, and she had seen it but once before. At least, to the extent she was seeing it now. It was like an infant discovering something brand new, encountering this...beautiful object for the very first time. It was like tasting a lemon without teeth, touching a porcupine's spikes only just to feel the rough and stabbing edges, seeing the most enchanting duckling for the first time after birth, smelling the world renewed after a thunderstorm, hearing the notes of voice with unmistakable talent and clarity. Like these things, they were taking each other in and all that they had to offer.

It was infatuation, perhaps, that Sangwen was experiencing. Or maybe she was overlooking his intellectual side. The part of him that quite liked to known and experience everything that the world had to offer him so that he could categorize it and place it in his mind just where it belonged. His schemes were extensive, and she could only imagine that this new bispecies being was in a brand new scheme all by herself. Though others could be adapted and molded to fit her, her very components could easily be assimilated into other schemes already existing...There was this realization that he didn't want her to be in those categories. Or so, that's what his eyes and expression told her.

She turned away, content with her observation and more than willing to hear what it was Alroy had to express to her. Edgar had woken up in time to cackle groggily shortly after the spirit horse had said his part. The valkyrie hadn't understood him, only really catching one or two words or partials of a word. Her kind had strong connections with equines, but this horse was part of his soul and his soul alone. That very special connection disallowed others to perceive the verbalization.If you even come near close to hurting my master, I will call upon all feathered creatures that walk this land and bring down upon you the most painful moment of your life. And you will beg for mercy and only when I find worth in your life, value that surpasses the damage you have done will I rescind the punishment. His voice remained low, the seriousness in his claim unheard of before. Never before had Edgar been so protective of Athena, as he never had to be. But the mere thought of anything or anyone having ill will and intentions with regards to her...That brought things out in him that he never even knew existed.

Athena's eyes widened as her companion spoke, thoroughly outraged by his threat. Edgar, I have never heard such a hurtful statement out of your beak before. That is more than rude and uncalled for no matter what the spirit said that you interpreted. They are kind creatures, here for company and compassion. You apologize right now or I won't plant the pine nuts in your planter box. She said with humph and a sigh. She crossed her arms and stared at him, her eyebrows furrowing in concern and slight anger. If you heard one word of what he said, you would not be so kind as to defend him He spoke softly before burrowing back in his pocket. And apparently that was that.

The girl turned her attention back to the dullahan, her wings fluttering just so to try and lighten the tension in the air. You were saying... She looked over her shoulder at the dragon friend he was referring to, then back at Alroy. It seemed to her that he had forgot his passion, as if the centaur had dissipated his violent thoughts. She smiled lightly before nodding to acknowledge that he had a valid point. Look at them and tell me again if he needs me. She turned her back on him, taking the hand that had unfurled from hers. She pulled him closer to her. If you focus in more closely, his pupils are dilated. That indicates affection in some manner or another. Fondness, sometimes. Further, it means he's enraptured by her presence and by her as an individual. She shifted slightly, leaning into him. And look at his body language. The way he is relaxed. His chest is rising and falling as one normally would when breathing at a rested pace and pattern. Athena stood there, waiting patiently to see if he could see what she was seeing. Maybe these were things she was reading into too deeply...or maybe it was true.
I'll follow you down

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image
✿ϻαяsнʞα тнє cєитαʊя✿

Smiling at this, it seemed to delight her immensely since she had never seen or heard of anyone that she knew of with that kind of ability. That sounds rather cool and like quite a useful ability for someone who might be otherwise shy. Shifting around some of her weight, she then sat on her hind legs so that the elk would slide off before shaking herself off, sighing with relief. That's much better...say Sang, I am making my way into the city so that I can sell this elk, since I have more than enough provisions at home to last me for a good while. Would you like to come with me? I wouldn't mind the company she said with a warm, inviting smile as she looked to him

While she didn't really know anyone here, this would at least be a good opportunity to get to know them better so that they could all maybe become good friends. I'll understand if you say no though, there's no need to really feel obligated to join me if you don't really feel like it. As far as she knew, not a lot of people that came to this forest usually made their way over to the city so it would make sense if he said no. There was a better chance of her running into him sometime later on.
User ImageUser Image

The spirit horse merely snorted derisively at the tiny bird's threats, which had gone completely unheard by Alroy. He only looked at Athena, somewhat confused at her bird's sudden squawking and her own chirping replies, wondering if his presence was still affecting the poor little thing. But the bird seemed to quickly retreat back into Athena's pocket, and Alroy found Athena's hand in his again as she spoke to him next.

He stiffened again as she moved even closer, but didn't resist, and though she had begun to point out the signs of the dragon's temperament, it was another moment or so before he pulled his eyes away from the magnificent woman and her gleaming wings. Finally he looked up, and then had his body reach over to his head still resting on Old Potato's back. The world tilted for a moment as he lifted his head by the helmet strap and placed it on his shoulders. The black mist spilling out from his severed neck dissipated as the ends of the neck met and seamlessly reattached.

He always felt slightly awkward having his head on his shoulders like the average being and he had decided long ago that he'd prefer that the strangers he faced knew his true identity as a dullahan and befriend him as such instead of blending in as a more common or less dangerous creature. But he was quite tired of meeting new people for now and he could better see what Athena was talking about without Old Potato's head getting in the way.

He took his time searching for what Athena was talking about in regards to the dragon's demeanor. He couldn't see the dragon's pupils from where he stood and even then he wasn't sure he understood the fondness Athena spoke of. Such a tiny detail.... but Sangwen did in fact seem calmer now - his body more relaxed - and he looked to be pretty engaged with the horse-girl.

"He does look better now..." he said, before looking down at Athena. "He is your friend, so... if you say that he is alright, then I guess he's alright." He smiled hesitantly. "Let's, um, I mean... can we still go for the walk, then?" He tilted his head. "Uh, may we still go on the walk then? Would you still like to, I mean?"

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image

Ͼlosed in a room,
ɱy imagination
ɓecomes the universe,
ɑnd the rest of the world
ιs missing out.

◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►
He watched the girl with fascination as her eyes seemed to light up with his response. He knew nothing but what and how he was. Of course, that made him unique...As he hadn't met anyone else with his power either-but most of who he ever spent time with had been humans. Beyond necromancy and the dark arts, humans were simple and couldn't have anything he had. Now, that didn't make them any less special-Sangwen would love to know what it was like to not be burdened by the powers he had. To not feel the weight on his shoulders, having to suppress everything about his subspecies. It must be quite a nice life. Surely humans would be saying the same to him, though, if they were understanding. Yes, though my thoughts have the ability to stutter. I normally make the mental connection after I am sure of the response. Granted, my strong opinions do have their moments...

Sangwen tapered off, shifting as he felt uncomfortable with his own rambling. That was a downside of the telepathy...He could ramble very easily, as his thoughts raced like everyone else's. And given the way he lived, considering every possibility, wondering about this, that, the other, and yet another perspective or facet of an argument; his thought process of course was ever evolving. He had to be very sure what he wanted to say to other's was what he meant, that his thought was well developed. Or so, that's what he felt was necessary.

The dragon shook his head as he forced himself from his thoughts in order to focus more fully on the individual in front of him. He was thoroughly intrigued by her, more by what she was than anything. She seemed very kind, somewhat thoughtful and inclusive. He nodded to her offer, the gentlest curl of the corners of his lips bringing a light smile to his face. Yes, sure. One moment... He turned to where he last heard Athena and found that she was pointing in his direction and looking up at the dullahan by her side. His face fell...Why was she doing that?

He spoke directly to her and only her. Athena...I'm not quite sure what you're doing, but I'm sure its for the man's benefit. May I talk to you later? About what happened in the city...The kind centaur requested I accompany her to the city, where she will sell her game. And everyone has calmed me. The man looked hopefully at the small valkyrie that she would be understanding in this moment. His actions had been so severe and now to just walk away without at least permission seemed wrong. The entire situation was off, actually. But time for both parties to cool down before reconciling might be the more civil and peaceful option-and that's what Sangwen wanted.
◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►

ι am silent,
ϝor I cannot speak without stuttering
ɑnd maybe it's for the better
ʈhat you hear me in your mind...
ɱy thoughts flows like a river,
ɱemories clear as day,
ɑnd I can feel safe,
Ӄnowing there's no judgement then.

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image
User Image

Opened out of this maze

The valkyrie's eyes lit up like the night sky when a full moon was out and the stars twinkled happily. She was, at first, confused why his initial reaction was so delayed. They were seemingly simple observations to her, things she felt everyone could see. And in the time that he didn't say a word, she looked down at herself and back over at the two, then over to Alroy's body. Gee, she was really small. She hadn't realized just how small she was until it felt like everyone else was practically towering over her like a redwood trees. All things had their advantages and disadvantages...She could very easily escape things, hide, squeeze between, and fly away. And maybe all this time she was seeing things that no one else could-at least, no one else taller than her. She had a clear view of many things, many smaller or more minute things. That was good right? To see with clarity at the finer details? But it couldn't just be her height that contributed to that. It had to also be just part of who she was, part of who she wanted to be. She actively looked for those signs. They were indicators of true feelings, or at least that's what she gathered. And she wanted to be able to discern and conclude these things when she interacted. Body language was so insightful!

When she finally stopped mentally debating, she looked up to see what it was that had slowed his response. And it was then that he had set his head right where it supposedly belonged, resting on his neck. The woman hopped slightly to hover and get a look, and she forced down her impulse to run her little fingers over the side of his neck where it seemed like the head seamlessly attached. It was a fascinating process, so elementary and instinctual to him. Was that something he did often? Was it comfortable to attach his head? Or was it just troublesome and awkward? Was walking like a balancing act? Or was it actually and fully attached? How could that work...? Athena frowned to herself and landed on her feet, her eyebrows pulled together in thought.

Wait, he must not think he did a thing in the world wrong! She shut her eyes and took a breathe, the upside-down crescent turning upward again until the slightest bit of white peaked from between her lips. The day had been long, difficult, and sad...Yet so happy, full of accomplishment, and rewarding. She had met a couple new people, both of which were kind in heart and mind. What more could she ask for?

Her silver locks jostled as her head whipped around at the sudden rush of a voice in her head. She had only just begun to get used to the voice, but to be caught unaware had her thoroughly frightened. The adrenaline had kicked in and her body was shaking involuntarily, forcing her to pull her hand away roughly from the dullahan. Now he's going to think me a 'fraidy mouse, or just plain rude. Can he hear the voice too? Later, dear dragon. Enjoy your company. She responded with an air of cool and a nod of the head. It was the polar opposite to how she felt...But she didn't want to worry anyone. She wasn't actually afraid, just startled.

Athena took a moment before turning back to the man, Alroy-such a lovely name, really- who had begun to speak to her again. She leaned back ever so slightly to get a better look at him. He looked slightly confused, and perhaps he couldn't see what she saw. That was quite alright...So long as she was able to convince him. And a smile came after, timid and sweet. To think his race is supposed to be scary and awful to everyone...I could never imagine. She resisted her urge to give him a hug and a peck on the cheek, nodding lightly before taking a few steps. We may. She teased with the wrinkle of her nose and an even brighter smile. Her eyes were alight with genuine happiness, bright with curiosity and hope that their walk would enlighten her. She wanted to know everything about him. She wanted to befriend him...Make him feel like he really could do this. That's what motivated people to keep trying-someone who believed in them. And wouldn't that be just the most wonderful thing?

I'll follow you down

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers