Welcome to Gaia! ::

Im not sure if this is the right post to thread, but anyway - ladies - for those who have their periods: how the flip do you deal with light to medium cramps (especially the first and second day) without having any pain pills? What other alternatives do you use until you're able to purchase pain relievers? Hot water bottle, heating pads, excerise?

I know banana's can work, but I have no bananas to eat.

Second, what type of pain meds do you use to help with cramps? I use Ibuprofen.
I hate when pills takes forever to kick in.

Third, And do you have a boyfriend/husband/male friend who is fine with taking care of you when its that time? Or does he stay away?

Fourth, how long is your period?
Mine is normally 4 days but likes to linger to 5. I don't think I can deal with periods longer than the days I deal with mine like some girls who have a whole week or longer on their monthlies.

Last but not least, if you're on birth control - how does that impact your periods? Do you have lighter, heavier, shorter or longer periods? What type of birth control do you use?
I'm planning eventually on getting the arm implant type of birth control because Ill forget to take the pill and have the Mirena looks and seems painful.

I like to laze around on my period especially on the first two days when Im crampy and stuff, hell, Im lazy throughut my period all the time. I really dont like moving around when its that time unless its being nice.

I hate how our uterus plants revenge every month for not giving it a baby.
apathetic frost311
you ******** if you can get pain meds easier then you can get a damn banana.

Im sorry, but are you a lady?

kauma16's Honey Bun

Gracious Creature

Wouldn't recommend posting in LD, Post in "LI" sub-forum.

Too many trolls in LD
apathetic frost311
Introverted Book Cat
apathetic frost311
you ******** if you can get pain meds easier then you can get a damn banana.

Im sorry, but are you a lady?
No, but i know you need to re-evaluate your life if you more quickly go for the pills over trying to eat a banana. I mean for christ sake, that is just a disgusting way of thinking.

Im sure you're in the wrong thread, buddy.

Timid Gaian

When I had them, they were god awful. Nothing really helped.
I got the implanon (now called the nexplanon) and have not had one since. It lasts for 3 years. I can't take the pill due to a Protein deficiency but would choose the nexplanon over it.

If you can handle the idea of having an insertion in your arm I would do it. You dont have to worry about forgetting to take something and, although its different between people, it has helped a lot.

Talk to your doctor, too many trolls on here.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
I use Pamprin to help me get through my period, since it helps with some of the other stuff besides the cramping. I also use a hot water bottle to help with the cramps as well. I've also heard that some herbal teas and exercise help as well.

I'm on the pill myself because of how debilitating my cramps get when I'm on my period, so now I only get my period once every three months. My sister has the implant, but her reasons for it are a bit more severe than mine.

No guys take care of me ever when I'm on my period, I just go right on through it. Though sometimes I might ask my dad to pick something up that's related. At least my period only lasts about 4-5 days.

All that said, be careful what you post here. Trolls are showing up all over this forum. Next time, try LI. Or maybe the Health forum.
Suck it up.

Sparkling Loiterer

I take prescription naproxen. It helps a bit but not very much. I have unbearable pain still so I think I need something stronger/better but am unsure of what else to do. I don't think anything will really help that much besides finding a way to stop my period for good. emotion_donotwant
I rarely take anything for my cramps. If they're super bad I'll take an advil liquigel, but that doesn't happen often. I think I have a high pain tolerance in general.

Exercise helps a lot for me. I do kickboxing. Never feel like I want to exercise beforehand, but after I do I feel way better.

I've never heard the thing about bananas. O_o.

My period is 3-4 days too.

My doctor won't let me take BC and I'm okay with that. My sister can't either, but she gets depo shots. I don't feel the need. I've been fine the last eight years with condoms.. and if I so happen to get preggers, that would be okay at this point anyway.

I don't need my boyfriend to take care of me. =P

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces