Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lootcrate's Significant Otter

Fashionable Wolf

First off, it's mega-lame that it's not the con I'm going to this weekend. I'll be at Anime Boston instead.

I also remember when Gaia offered prize support, for people to run at-con events and be able to give out prizes and stuff. Unfortunately, I inquired about it, only to be told it was no longer offered and the posts pertaining to it were removed later that day. I really hope there's a chance this could come back - I love running panels at cons, and I'd definitely run a fan panel or something with the backing.

Come to the East Coast, Gaia. Or give us the means to govern ourselves, dangit.

Niche Enthusiast

17,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Seeing as I'm interested in getting some tickets myself, I can't help but be more than a little jealous of the people who would be able to go to the con.

However, I think it's a pretty cool thing for Gaia to do. It's definitely a better way of distributing tickets than in CI items. I only pray that whoever ends up with that ticket uses it for themselves rather than selling it.

Or make another B R A I N related item. I understand that it's great for B R A I N fans, but not so much the people who don't worship the guy.

Stellar Succubus

Theyve given away the angelic halo in the past in this manner.

The new big ticket items are, well... these tickets.

They will still be super hard to win, no doubt!

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
If I could get a ticket at the Fanime Gaia panel I would be estatic... even if it was for an item I don't use very much. The panel is always fun and this just adds some more excitement.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Heh, call me an old fart, but I remember the b***h fit that happened when someone at a con won an Angelic Halo from the prize wheel...and they weren't even a Gaia user. So many people were pissed that that happened whereas I sat there sadly holding my Mummy mask that I won. xD

Anyway, old reminiscing aside, I think it's a nice incentive for people to attend the booth/panel. I just wish that I could get a conventioneer achievement code since I have attended a con before and saw the panel. But this was before the achievement system came out. xD

Edit: OMG anon, thank you so much! I now can boast that I've been to a convention. emotion_hug

of the House of Demonic Dreams

31,575 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Lolol i was thinking about it a few days ago! I mean i remember, in the old days there were a lot of announcements about real life events, and i was so jelly when i saw the pictures with gaia cosplayers rofl
I'm really sad, because it's farfar away from here, and i will never be able to go to this or other convention with Gaia, but i think, it's a great idea. 3nodding

Muscular Streaker

No more free zOMG packs? sad

I don't think it's unfair. They can give away whatever they want, it's their event after all.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

I honestly don't understand why people are so upset by this? Like... why?
Gaia gives chances to win rare items all the time when they do conventions. "AW BUT IT'S NOT FAIR BECAUSE I LIVE xxxx AND I CANT" or "BUT I CANT AFFORD IT!!!!"
yeah, well, i can't afford going to disney land right now
it's a luxury. some people go ten times a year and some people get to go every day because they work there.

it's a luxury, people.
you dont need it

it's perfectly fair.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Whelp, time for a road trip. biggrin

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Unless the ticket "drop rate" at the con is stupidly high, I don't see much of a problem. Gaia staff has admitted in the past to being burdened by the ticket work-load, though, so I wonder if that's eased up or...

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Shrimp_Man

Heh, call me an old fart, but I remember the b***h fit that happened when someone at a con won an Angelic Halo from the prize wheel...and they weren't even a Gaia user. So many people were pissed that that happened whereas I sat there sadly holding my Mummy mask that I won. xD

Anyway, old reminiscing aside, I think it's a nice incentive for people to attend the booth/panel. I just wish that I could get a conventioneer achievement code since I have attended a con before and saw the panel. But this was before the achievement system came out. xD

Ah, so someone has won a Halo from the prize wheel. I forgot if it was on there or not. I have not attended a Gaia panel and even a con in a long time.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I've never had the opportunity to attend any of the conventions where they host their panels, so this doesn't really affect me. Even if I could and did go and didn't win a ticket from their raffle, it wouldn't be the end of the world; I'd have gotten out of my usual routine to go do something fun hundreds of miles away and finally earned the Conventioneer achievement after years of silently cursing Gaia for never going beyond their small pool of big, money-grubby conventions.

Perfect Saint

I thought more tickets in the system would be better unless the same bunch of people buy them. I doubt I'd ever get a chance to go on any convention.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
Zeldiel
Shrimp_Man

Ah, so someone has won a Halo from the prize wheel. I forgot if it was on there or not. I have not attended a Gaia panel and even a con in a long time.

Yep. I haven't been to a con since 08 so I don't know if the Halo is still on the prize wheel, or if they even still do the prize wheel.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I don't see a problem, really! More incentive for people who can to go, and I'm pretty sure they won't be handing free tickets out at the door. xD The odds and legitimate cost of me winning a ticket from a rig or buying one off the MP are almost the same (actually, no-- it's probably cheaper to try and win one from here!) as it would be for me to go all the way to a con, so yeah. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff