Welcome to Gaia! ::

NikNook's Kouhai

Byzantium Egg

If you're anything like me while going through threads, a unique avatar or sig art is the first thing you notice and identify certain users with, rather than looking at their username but today... something is a little off. For starters, there's a fem-Flick duo running about and even I seem to have stumbled into the wrong wardrobe earlier ;0

Rumour has it, there's a little challenge going on.... "Dress as someone else day"? ninja

And so it doesn't seem like this thread is just for showing off your creative cosplays, here are some spoons! Feel free to add your own 3nodding

- Are there certain users, whose style you feel you could spot a mile away?
- Are you going to take part in this dress up challenge? emotion_dowant DO IT
- If so, will you genderbend, clone or make something loosely inspired by another user?
- Which do you notice first - username, avi or sig?

LET THE BODY SWITCHING BEGIN

For anyone that missed it, Nanzzy-chan has kindly put THIS together emotion_kirakira
and here's version two with reviews from some of our favourite NPC's lol courtesy of Niki-Senpai.

Link to the gallery

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Dressing up as a diedrich maniac is more important mad

I think I notice everything, post style first, to their avatars in the last. What people dresses up as eludes me for some reason and most of the time I don't even look at them. im blind = H=

Deus-ex Potato

55,475 Points
  • not released 500
  • God From a Machine 500
  • Smol Grump 500
There are a ton of people I feel like I could spot a mile away based on their avatar.
It's the only reason I'm getting so confused with everyone running around as each other today, and it's fun!

Really, I think as long as the person one is dressing up as is fine with it (because I know sometimes people can freak out a little) then I think it's all in good fun, especially since today is a special day, hehe~ xo)

I definitely always see users by their avatar first though. If anything, most will continue to don a consistent style that allows me to gradually pick up on their particular avatar "quirks." It's very rare I identify a user by their username since it's just so much easier to put an image of an avatar in my head over some words. xo)

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
xd Much as I admire a lot of GCD regs, most of their tastes don't suit me usually...so no go for me dressing up as them. I'm happy being a bystander watching them, thank you

Unless they specifically changed their usernames, I look at the usernames first before the avi.

Time-traveling Senshi

A friend of mine called it blasphemy when she saw exactly what another friend of ours had done today. I had to laugh my butt off for the reaction this whole thing is getting. A lot of people here in the GCD have unique avatar styles where in the keep the same base and then change things around that so it's very easy to know who's who. Today is just so much fun. I love having a nearly identical twin. xp

NikNook's Kouhai

Byzantium Egg

minghii
Dressing up as a diedrich maniac is more important mad

I think I notice everything, post style first, to their avatars in the last. What people dresses up as eludes me for some reason and most of the time I don't even look at them. im blind = H=
Ahh, I forgot about post styles, I probably notice that more than sigs.

So, Minghii-senpai wouldn't notice me if I dressed up as your OC? lol

Hardcore Muse

I always dress like a mini demon thing, I have no idea what you're talking about.
emotion_donotwant

Eh, style is a funny thing. People like Slick, CH, Zi, Hassli, Sterek, Jayce, Zaade, Arles, and my darling wife are easy for me to recognize right off the bat due to their characters. Everyone else I remember by name especially if they're a reg. Names are easier for me than avi styles though. XP

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
You look pawsitvely dashing anyway. wink

I'M STUCK AS A FRILLY FROO FROO LOLITA DEMON. Pls send help

I haven't changed my base in a year and I'm already getting PMs about my change asking if it's permi. crying NOOO ITS APRIL FOOLS //sobs

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Naked beefcake demon isn't an aesthetic most go for here X3

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

Oohh, it that what's happening amongst that group? I was wondering why things looked mixed up xD

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
hmm dress as someone else day, hmmmmmm

i did a double take earlier and legit thought people had swapped usernames lmao that's how much i attach certain avatars to ppl

Slumbering Tengu

I can usually spot certain users due to using the same base
avatars are usually the first thing I notice well that and sigs
and usually a combination of the two will tell me who a person is before I see their name

Oh my it is fun looking through the thread and being able to notice who everyone's dressed as rofl

As for taking part in the fun, I'd like to say I tried at least
I went for something with a bit of an inspired taste
It's hard when I'm put on the spot or don't have the items to do most folks
I did what I knew I had the items to do and who's style came immediately to mind

edit: I decided to add my avatars for today since today's over
User Image

NikNook's Kouhai

Byzantium Egg

Tall Dark and Snarky
-stares- emotion_kirakira

Loveparody
You look pawsitvely dashing anyway. wink

I'M STUCK AS A FRILLY FROO FROO LOLITA DEMON. Pls send help

I haven't changed my base in a year and I'm already getting PMs about my change asking if it's permi. crying NOOO ITS APRIL FOOLS //sobs

Oooo I remember this avi of yours,

LOL it's because Daniel is a bishie that will be missed rofl

Bloodthirsty Bunny

I scroll through forums really quickly so that I can read through as many threads as possible in a short amount of time, so I definitely notice people's signature avi looks more than usernames. I got fooled so hard earlier that I'm still feeling ashamed emotion_facepalm Good game, guys!

Deus-ex Potato

55,475 Points
  • not released 500
  • God From a Machine 500
  • Smol Grump 500
Vannequin
-stares- emotion_kirakira

/wiggles eyebrows

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff